Laptop heat issues (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
So you may have noticed that I've not played ETS2 or ATS in quite a while, reason being that the laptop I use seems to have got some serious issues with heat, get so hot that the fan gets stuck on and everything just freezes and dies..

I don't really want to replace it at the moment, so any suggestions on the dodgiest way to fix it? The person that comes up with the best idea that actually works will get a cookie :P

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Take it apart, clean all the crud and shmoo out of it with a can of compressed air. Possibly replace the fan if it's really bad as the bearings might have become stiff from dirt and won't turn as freely. Once clean up is done, run a full virus scan, defragment your drive and uninstall unnecessary programs that might be running in the background. (You can use Task Manager to see what's what).

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Take it apart, clean all the crud and shmoo out of it with a can of compressed air. Possibly replace the fan if it's really bad as the bearings might have become stiff from dirt and won't turn as freely. Once clean up is done, run a full virus scan, defragment your drive and uninstall unnecessary programs that might be running in the background. (You can use Task Manager to see what's what).
Sounds like the sensible option to me! Shall have a go tomorrow I think :P

Reactions: Seven
How old is the laptop! If it's heating then sounds like the CPU is had it's day and as the CPU gets hotter the fan will start working overtime.

If the fan is working overtime then you will notice that your battery is not lasting that long if it's fully charged. Also what is your laptop?
  1. Clean it in and out and remove dust
  2. Download some software that takes your CPU and GPU temperatures, If it's above 75c then "crap" that's not good. needs to be under 75c if the temperature is high as 90c plus, then it's only good for internet use
  3. Maybe buy an laptop cooler pad!!
Regards to virus! If you already have an good software and firewall then I see no errors that it can be that!!. So last!! BACKUPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

So find an temperature software like http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread