Maps Kilmanagh (1 Viewer)

Logo (Transparent).png

UPDATE AUGUST 2019 - THIS POST IS COMPLETELY OUTDATED AND WILL BE REVIEWED OVER THE COMING DAYS.

IMPORTANT: This map is in the INCREDIBLY early development phase. The screenshots currently shown are from the early builds and EVERYTHING is subject to change at any time.
As with forum rules, questions regarding release dates and testing phases will be ignored.

Kilmanagh is a small (fictional) university town, based in the U.K. The map will feature three towns (Kilmanagh, Kilcornan and Blackrock Village) complemented by some countryside. For the first release, the map will feature one route with three variations, which are detailed below. The primary operator of these routes is Bus Éireann, an Irish company that has recently taken its first venture into the UK market.

Update - I've decided only place names and the bus operator only will have an Irish touch - the rest should be British enough.

Current Plans:

The towns are served by a number of bus routes.​

• Route 115: A university route serving two major countryside towns connected via the A81. The route has four variations to account for varied customer demand. The 115 is the primary route that runs from early morning to late night Monday-Sunday. The 115A is the extended route with increased service at the weekend and on public holidays and the 115X is the express service that only operates in the mornings and evenings Monday-Friday. The 115N is the night service that serves limited stops every 2 hours during the night.
    • 115: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Blackrock Village and Kilmanagh High Street.)
    • 115A: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Kilcornan Asda, Industrial Park, Park & Ride, Kilmanagh High Street and Kilmanagh Estate.)
    • 115X: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Park & Ride and Kilmanagh High Street.)
    • 115N: Kilcornan High Street to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre and Kilmanagh High Street.)
  • Route 50: A Kilcornan town service serving the train station and hospital. Operates hourly from 7am-9pm.
    • 50: Blackwater Shopping Centre to Kilcornan Hospital (via Kilcornan Train Station.)
  • Park and Ride Services: A new addition to the map is the park and ride. It is located between Kilcornan and Kilmanagh and is designed to serve both towns. There are two dedicated Park and Ride Services, one for each town. Operates from 9am-7pm daily. The services operates around every 15 minutes to both towns.
    • K1: Park and Ride to Kilcornan Train Station (via Blackwater Shopping Centre.)
    • K2: Park and Ride to Kilmanagh University (via Kilmanagh High Street.)
  • Route 1: A busy route that connects the towns to the local airport (name and details undecided) via the motorway (M21) every 2 hours, 24 hours a day. The 1X is an express service that serves limited stops and operates every two hours from 5am-9pm (in between the normal route 1 service, meaning major stops have an hourly service during peak hours). I'M NOT SURE WHETER THIS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL RELEASE YET.
    • 1: Kilcornan Terminus to Airport (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Park and Ride, Kilmanagh High Street and Kilmanagh University.)
    • 1X: Blackwater Shopping Centre to Airport (via Kilmanagh High Street.)
Timeframe and Availability:

The map is in a very early development phase and will take months to complete to a standard that I am happy with. I will provide further information and an estimated completion timeframe (that will be very loose) as the project develops.

I am debating the best way to proceed with this project financially. Stay tuned.

Screenshots:
FOR MORE RECENT SCREENSHOTS, SCROLL TO THE LATEST UPDATE.
Only a couple for now. ;)

20181127193225_1.jpg

20181216200852_1.jpg

20181226212909_1.jpg

20181226212914_1.jpg
FAQs:
Can I test the map?
Read the first two lines.

When will it be ready?
idk

What's next for the map?
idk that either

Do you have a 1.Discord and/or 2.Facebook Page?
1. No
2. No

What buses and what operators will be on the map?
The operator will be Bus Éireann but the buses they will operate is TBD.

Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 37742

IMPORTANT: This map is in the INCREDIBLY early development phase. The screenshots shown are from an early build and are subject to change at any time.
As with forum rules, questions regarding release dates and testing phases will be ignored.

Kilmanagh is a small (fictional) university town, based in the U.K. The map will feature three towns (Kilmanagh, Kilcornan and Blackrock Village) complemented by some countryside. The map will feature one route with three variations, which are detailed below. The primary operator of this route has yet to be decided, however, it WILL NOT be one of the traditional major U.K operators.

(Yes, the names of the towns are of Irish origin. I have yet to decide how much Irish influence the map will have. This will be discussed further in the next updates.)

Current Plans:

The towns are served by route 115. This route is maximum 30 minutes and has 3 variations to account for customer demand.

Route 115: The main route serving Kilcornan, Blackrock Village, Kilmanagh and Kilmanagh University. (Does not service the Kilcornan P&R)
Route 115A: Serves Kilcornan (and the P&R), Blackrock Village and Kilmanagh. Then becomes a fast service from Kilmanagh to the university. Increased frequency at weekends.
Route 115X: Express service serving Kilcornan, Kilmanagh and Kilmanagh University only. Only operates in the mornings and evenings on Monday-Friday.
The towns are serviced by route

Timeframe and Availability:

The map is in a very early development phase and will take months to complete to a standard that I am happy with. I will provide further information and an estimated completion timeframe (that will be very loose) as the project develops.

I am debating the best way to proceed with this project financially. Stay tuned.

Screenshots:
FAQs:
Can I test the map?
Read the first two lines.

When will it be ready?
idk

What's next for the map?
idk that either

Do you have a 1.Discord and/or 2.Facebook Page?
1. No
2. Not for the map.

What buses and what operators will be on the map?
That's still to be decided.

This map looks very promising, although it's still very WIP. :D
I'm very much looking forward to it, and I wish you good luck with the OMSI 2 Map Editor! ;)

Reactions: leinsterjack

Advertisement

UPDATE #1 - 9th December 2018

Slow progress as I have been on holidays and preparing for exams. The old town parking area has been completely transformed into a shopping centre in the centre of the town of Kilcornan.

Plot twist - I have decided that the operator of the map will be Irish. It will be thier first venture into the U.K market. :cool:
(I've decided that this will be the final bit of Irish influence on the map. So only place names and the bus operator only will have an Irish touch - the rest should be British enough.)

No progress elsewhere unfortunately. :(

Screenshots:
20181209223954_1.jpg
20181209224003_1.jpg
20181209224016_1.jpg

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
UPDATE #1 - 9th December 2018

Slow progress as I have been on holidays and preparing for exams. The old town parking area has been completely transformed into a shopping centre in the centre of the town of Kilcornan.

Plot twist - I have decided that the operator of the map will be Irish. It will be thier first venture into the U.K market. :cool:
(I've decided that this will be the final bit of Irish influence on the map. So only place names and the bus operator only will have an Irish touch - the rest should be British enough.)

No progress elsewhere unfortunately. :(

Screenshots:
Cool! The park and that vue look awesome!
Not to mention the great road layouts!

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
An impressive start for someone who's not had much experience in the editor, anyone who's edited maps before will know the pain of doing so even with good editor skills.

Just one thing that you could consider, i think that Vue cinema looks good, but i reckon if you add a car park or something in front of it so its not up close to the road, it would look a bit better, looking at the texture itself id say it was meant to be seen from a slightly further away distance, apart from that, superb. :)

Advertisement

An impressive start for someone who's not had much experience in the editor, anyone who's edited maps before will know the pain of doing so even with good editor skills.

Just one thing that you could consider, i think that Vue cinema looks good, but i reckon if you add a car park or something in front of it so its not up close to the road, it would look a bit better, looking at the texture itself id say it was meant to be seen from a slightly further away distance, apart from that, superb. :)

Thank you for the feedback. Will most likely add some sort of pedestrianised plaza instead, as I have a car park around the side of the cinema. :)

Reactions: BigOmsiFan
UPDATE #2 - 16th December 2018

Spent almost the full 2 days of this weekend working on the map.

1 - Basically completed the final detailing of the shopping complex, with a few niggles to iron out.
2 - Added a new supermarket (Asda) area to the map. This will be part of route 115A, a slight variation to the main route that has lower frequencies during the week and increased frequencies at the weekend. (Screenshots attached)
3 - Started work on the hilly countryside section between the Asda and a small village called Blackrock. Most of the work has been detailing the hill itself.

That's all for this update.

Screenshots:
20181216200845_1.jpg

20181216200852_1.jpg

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
UPDATE #2 - 16th December 2018

Spent almost the full 2 days of this weekend working on the map.

1 - Basically completed the final detailing of the shopping complex, with a few niggles to iron out.
2 - Added a new supermarket (Asda) area to the map. This will be part of route 115A, a slight variation to the main route that has lower frequencies during the week and increased frequencies at the weekend. (Screenshots attached)
3 - Started work on the hilly countryside section between the Asda and a small village called Blackrock. Most of the work has been detailing the hill itself.

Screenshots:
That Wall is HUGE!

Advertisement

UPDATE #3 - 20th December 2018

Laid out the basic framework of the suburban area on the outskirts of Kilcornan before the hill. Basically finished most of the detailing of the hill itself and did some road markings and signage.

Hope to complete this side of Kilcornan at the weekend and get some screenshots (and maybe a video) of this part of the route.

No screenshots with this update unfortunately.

UPDATE #4 - 26th December 2018

Tomorrow will be one month since this thread was started and I've only put down the basic framework for about 1/4 of the map. Goes to show truly how much work a map is to build. Been spending a lot of time working on the map over the last week so this will be a big update.

1. ROUTING
  • Route 115: A university route serving two major countryside towns connected via the A81. The route has four variations to account for varied customer demand. The 115 is the primary route that runs from early morning to late night Monday-Sunday. The 115A is the extended route with increased service at the weekend and on public holidays and the 115X is the express service that only operates in the mornings and evenings Monday-Friday. The 115N is the night service that serves limited stops every 2 hours during the night.
    • 115: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Blackrock Village and Kilmanagh High Street.)
    • 115A: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Kilcornan Asda, Industrial Park, Park & Ride, Kilmanagh High Street and Kilmanagh Estate.)
    • 115X: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Park & Ride and Kilmanagh High Street.)
    • 115N: Kilcornan High Street to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre and Kilmanagh High Street.)
  • Route 50: A Kilcornan town service serving the train station and hospital. Operates hourly from 7am-9pm.
    • 50: Blackwater Shopping Centre to Kilcornan Hospital (via Kilcornan Train Station.)
  • Park and Ride Services: A new addition to the map is the park and ride. It is located between Kilcornan and Kilmanagh and is designed to serve both towns. There are two dedicated Park and Ride Services, one for each town. Operates from 9am-7pm daily. The services operates around every 15 minutes to both towns.
    • K1: Park and Ride to Kilcornan Train Station (via Blackwater Shopping Centre.)
    • K2: Park and Ride to Kilmanagh University (via Kilmanagh High Street.)
  • Route 1: A busy route that connects the towns to the local airport (name and details undecided) via the motorway (M21) every 2 hours, 24 hours a day. The 1X is an express service that serves limited stops and operates every two hours from 5am-9pm (in between the normal route 1 service, meaning major stops have an hourly service during peak hours). I'M NOT SURE WHETER THIS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL RELEASE YET.
    • 1: Kilcornan Terminus to Airport (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Park and Ride, Kilmanagh High Street and Kilmanagh University.)
    • 1X: Blackwater Shopping Centre to Airport (via Kilmanagh High Street.)
I will eventually make an image map of this to make the routes more understandable. The colours above don't nessacarily reflect those designated to the routes and are more used as a method to improve readability. (I'll discuss more about liveries and route colours below.)

2. MAP WORK

I have made substantial progress on Kilcornan and the surrounding area. Detailing and road marking around the hill on the outskirts of the town was completed. The park and ride and surrounding area was built and parts of the countryside on the route were detailed. I started work on the new industrial area which is in the very early stages of development. (Screenshots included below.)

3. OTHER INFO

I) Buses - Still no official decision on which buses I plan to use for the map though I have some in mind. There will be two main buses on the map, a double decker to account for routes that require high capacity aswell as a single decker for the opposite.

II) Livery - As Bus Éireann is the operator of the map, I thought it would be time to gather some feeback on liveries. Basically I am presented with three options:

1 - Use the horrid new National Transport Authority (of Ireland) livery that is becoming compulsory for all public bus operators on both of the buses.
w5cz943fdj311.jpg

Credits to the photographer. (Couldn't find thier name.)
2 - Use the existing Bus Éireann Livery (which looks fit af).
26215181695_24625a6b71_b.jpg

Credit to Adrian Roche on Flickr.
3 - Use one of the above with some custom route branding (which would be unusual for an Irish operator).

There are the three options I have to choose from. As with everything in and related to the map, I'd welcome some input/feedback from you all below. Might help me come to a decision before the next update.
N.B: For those of you just joining us, the route itself is not Irish, only the bus operator and names of towns. The rest is U.K based.

4. TO CONCLUDE

I want to do a small video preview of part of the map so that will be done when a section of one of the routes is polished enough to show.

Feedback welcomed. :)

5. SCREENSHOTS:
The bit you actually came here to see:
20181226212904_1.jpg

20181226212909_1.jpg

20181226212914_1.jpg

20181226213040_1.jpg

20181226213122_1.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE #5 - 25th January 2019

Been almost a month since you've got an update from me on the progress of the map. So to start, it may be late but - happy new year to you all - I hope 2019 brings you all you want.

I've been incredibly busy with life over the last month so there hasn't been as much progress on the map as I would like but I will let you all know about the stuff I have managed to do.

Apologies for the not so great screenshots - it has never been my area of proficiency.
---
1 - Detailed the industrial area - I have detailed the section between the two main roads out of Kilcornan. The area is designed to have the feel of an industrial park and has a stop serviced by route 115A. The K1 Park and Ride route also uses the section to complete its service.

Screenshots:
20190125230308_1.jpg

20190125230343_1.jpg
---
2 - Detailed the roads leaving Kilcornan - I have detailed the two main roads out of Kilcornan. It includes small suburban areas, green spaces and a supermarket (which you have seen before). I am very happy with how these area's turned out.

Screenshots:
20190125230102_1.jpg

20190125230450_1.jpg
---
To conclude:

Kilcornan is almost finished! I still want to make some major changes to the main high street in Kilcornan (as it was one of the first area's I did and it isn't the quality I want) but other than that it is basically done.

Next I'll be working on the countryside areas of the two routes that leave Kilcornan - more news on that soon.

Thanks for your continued support.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread