Truck Kenworth W900 Template (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Seeing a blank wireframe makes me want to get back into skinning, used to do it a fair bit on cars in Live For Speed. Ahh the nostalgia of making Emergency Service and racing skins...

amb.jpg

FZR%20AA%20Jun%202013.JPG

GBJason.jpg

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
So how do I skin it? I tried asking with an earlier thread but nobody seems to want to help me out.
I can't say I saw that! I'd have been happy to link you to a few videos or explain it! :)

Everything with this mod is ready to go in game, there's a few files in there but you're looking for the one called max_w900.dds, you'll need a program like DXTBMP to open it up then another program like Photoshop or Paint.Net to edit it - open up the .dds, then hit "image" on the bar at the top then "send to editor", do what you want then save it, hit "image" and then "reload after edit", hit "file" then "save", drag it back into the .scs file where it was before then throw it in game!

If that sounds really confusing I'll have a look for a video that explains it better :P

Advertisement

I managed to get the file over to Paint.Net, but I am really confused as to how to do anything. I cannot figure out how to get my logos to stay in place or how to blend the paint in with the logos. (A good way of explaining just how confused I really am would be as if you were suddenly taken to a strange place where you don't speak the language or understand the culture, just slowly trying to communicate and hope you didn't say or do the wrong thing.)

If there are videos showing how to use the Paint.Net program and showing how to manipulate logos and paint to achieve a decent looking truck then please post them because I am way out of my element right now.

Though if anyone wants to save me the headache and make it for me I would be extremely thankful. (I think my thread is still up, or you can PM me and I will resend what I want.)

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I managed to get the file over to Paint.Net, but I am really confused as to how to do anything. I cannot figure out how to get my logos to stay in place or how to blend the paint in with the logos. (A good way of explaining just how confused I really am would be as if you were suddenly taken to a strange place where you don't speak the language or understand the culture, just slowly trying to communicate and hope you didn't say or do the wrong thing.)

If there are videos showing how to use the Paint.Net program and showing how to manipulate logos and paint to achieve a decent looking truck then please post them because I am way out of my element right now.

Though if anyone wants to save me the headache and make it for me I would be extremely thankful. (I think my thread is still up, or you can PM me and I will resend what I want.)

What are you after? If it's something simple I can sort it for you easily, not really got the time at the moment to spend hours on designs sadly :P

ok I guess I don't have it lol.. I downloaded from your link and only got an scs file.. So I see you mention it comes with other files so I feel that is where I am hung up at. I have a bmp in that DXT program with my paint already on it.. but now I am unsure how I drag it or save it to where ever it needs to be and how it changes back into a scs file? I have followed youtube tutorials on other ways to do it with ETS2Studio and I was able to add skins to the other two default ATS trucks, but I must be missing something..

Last edited:

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I downloaded from your link and only got an scs file.. So I see you mention it comes with other files so I feel that is where I am hung up at
Don't worry about those, they're in the SCS file but for the purpose of skinning only you don't need to worry about them :)

As far as adding the skin goes, you don't need to use anything like ETS2 Studio - the file structure etc is already set up for you. Just open up the .scs file in winRAR or some archive program of your choice, goto /vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob, delete the .dds texture that is already in there (pretty sure I called it max_w900.dds) then drag and drop your one in there, rename the one you've just added to the same as the one you just deleted, put it in game and you're good to go :)

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread