Kenworth vs Volvo - Clash of the Titans (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

You take a European truck for an Australian Road Train Job?
Not a road train, thats a B-Double, a road train would have a dolly, anyway to answer your question, yes, but not many choose to, biggest reason is that the radiator is to small to handle the heat, dont carry enough fuel, and suffer from reliability problems, and as the video points out, small bunk. not all trucks in Australia have to pull 4 trailers, most European trucks here just do supermarket runs from the distribution centre to the supermarket, also besides that, where this video is shot, road trains are probably illegal on the roads they drove on, remember both trucks are hauling B-doubles, VERY different from a road train.

Table5.gif

You take a European truck for an Australian Road Train Job?
Also a friend of mine got a job driving a truck for woolworths (a scum food retailer in Australia, i think the UK had a company with the same name but im not sure if they are related) im not sure of what route he does but if he was hauling a road train in the city center, i doubt he would get very far :D

Also a friend of mine got a job driving a truck for woolworths (a scum food retailer in Australia, i think the UK had a company with the same name but im not sure if they are related) im not sure of what route he does but if he was hauling a road train in the city center, i doubt he would get very far :D
I mean K200 that is made for Road Train Trailers, not the Trailer type.

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I voted Kenworth.

They've got a vast reputation for heavy haul and working in tough conditions - they're the truck of choice usually on TV Show "Ice Road Truckers". (Man I love that show :P) Furthermore I think the Kenworth is built to handle more weight than the Volvo, in EU they don't typically deal with as heavy loads as in larger countries.

Reactions: Bigrigfrosty

Advertisement

I voted Kenworth.

They've got a vast reputation for heavy haul and working in tough conditions - they're the truck of choice usually on TV Show "Ice Road Truckers". (Man I love that show :p) Furthermore I think the Kenworth is built to handle more weight than the Volvo, in EU they don't typically deal with as heavy loads as in larger countries.
Watch Outback truckers, you probably will like it if you like ice road truckers, also all of season one and most of season 2 is on youtube

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
I'd just pick the truck that's most capable for the sitution. In this case that would be the Kenworth.
The Volvo just isn't made for the Australian market specifically, the Kenworth is.
Besides, I wouldn't want to live in a box with two seats and a bunk without even being able to turn my ass around or stand up for a couple of weeks, so Kenworth it is.
Also, I'd like to see the Volvo after 5 years of non-stop trucking in Australia. My bet is, that those (ugly) plastic panels and interior will be completly faded and cracked: due to the vast changes in temprature (day-night) and the rocks that will just tear them apart.
I'd also say, but that's just speculation, that the Volvo isn't capable of dealing with all the dust and sand.

If it was set in the US, still the Kenworth, the bigger cab does it. If it was set in the EU, yeah, then I'd pick the Volvo, just 'cause it's a bit smaller.

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I've never driven a truck, and currently don't plan on doing so at least in the near future, but I've voted Volvo just because I like them, and they're well known here in the UK for being reliable etc :)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread