Maps Keedlestone [Removed] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
To those saying, oh its not free, shut up. If a map creator decided to make a map freeware its their decision to do so. Stop being so self centred and either pay for it and show the creator some respect or download another map on Fellowsfilm which is free and there are quite a lot of them. Dont one star it becuase it costs £5. My rant is over.

Im gonna show my support and buy this one day. RIght now im not in the position but one day I will buy it.

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
@henryhoward14 No worries, the reason it's taken so long is so I can remove all likenesses to other maps, I've spent the past year rebuilding the entire Bexley area multiple times which was based around one of the areas in Rhurau which I liked the look of.

@finardolittle The liveries come with the map, I believe the current released version only contains a few C400R liveries but the new version will eventually contain liveries for the ALX400, B7, C400R, Citaro,

@PTDriver0429 I set the price due to the amount of my free time I've put into developing and redeveloping the area. What most people don't realise is that for the 3 years before this version, I was working on the previous Keedlestone (Which tiles I removed right before release as they weren't converted to left path). Those tiles are being re-introduced slowly to bring back all the routes previously included with 1.6 (Reloaded).

For others wondering and moaning about why it's not releasing ASAP there are multiple reasons for this.

As rumoured around Discord servers by those who like to cause discontent, I did base the Bexley area on an area I liked from Rhurau. The past year has been spent redeveloping that entire area (Those who have seen my livestreams will attest to that).

2. I've also completely destroyed and rebuilt everything from the 2 petrol stations to Snowmere, both due to the lag it caused and likeness around the Snowmere Terminus area.

3. I have a full time job, sometimes I don't feel like spending 10 hours driving out on the roads and then coming home to develop a map.

4. I have also been replacing and redeveloping other areas of the map, including (but not limited to) Removing all default trees and shrubbery before replacing them with flora, adding and replacing signage, redesigning and replacing all route markers, bus stops and bus shelters (Not just once but 6 times for each chrono event which makes each of them different).

5. Chrono events have ruined my life ???? ???? Those who have seen livestreams will know the pain I have gone through with them not working, spending days just getting them to work to then place a single object which breaks it all again. (I can confirm though that everything has been stable for a while)

6. 2 of the main people in the team have left the community for their own real life reasons, which has left me with 3 times the amount of work to redo

All I can do is offer my apologies for the length of time it has taken but just understand that it is still being worked on and there's actually quite a bit going on behind the scenes.

Advertisement

@henryhoward14 No worries, the reason it's taken so long is so I can remove all likenesses to other maps, I've spent the past year rebuilding the entire Bexley area multiple times which was based around one of the areas in Rhurau which I liked the look of.

@finardolittle The liveries come with the map, I believe the current released version only contains a few C400R liveries but the new version will eventually contain liveries for the ALX400, B7, C400R, Citaro,

@PTDriver0429 I set the price due to the amount of my free time I've put into developing and redeveloping the area. What most people don't realise is that for the 3 years before this version, I was working on the previous Keedlestone (Which tiles I removed right before release as they weren't converted to left path). Those tiles are being re-introduced slowly to bring back all the routes previously included with 1.6 (Reloaded).

For others wondering and moaning about why it's not releasing ASAP there are multiple reasons for this.

As rumoured around Discord servers by those who like to cause discontent, I did base the Bexley area on an area I liked from Rhurau. The past year has been spent redeveloping that entire area (Those who have seen my livestreams will attest to that).

2. I've also completely destroyed and rebuilt everything from the 2 petrol stations to Snowmere, both due to the lag it caused and likeness around the Snowmere Terminus area.

3. I have a full time job, sometimes I don't feel like spending 10 hours driving out on the roads and then coming home to develop a map.

4. I have also been replacing and redeveloping other areas of the map, including (but not limited to) Removing all default trees and shrubbery before replacing them with flora, adding and replacing signage, redesigning and replacing all route markers, bus stops and bus shelters (Not just once but 6 times for each chrono event which makes each of them different).

5. Chrono events have ruined my life ???? ???? Those who have seen livestreams will know the pain I have gone through with them not working, spending days just getting them to work to then place a single object which breaks it all again. (I can confirm though that everything has been stable for a while)

6. 2 of the main people in the team have left the community for their own real life reasons, which has left me with 3 times the amount of work to redo

All I can do is offer my apologies for the length of time it has taken but just understand that it is still being worked on and there's actually quite a bit going on behind the scenes.
Sounds good! Take your time!

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
A few issues have been brought to my attention in the current Keedlestone release, these have been rectified in the new version along with 50% of the map being rebuilt to fix some of those issues. Until the new version can be completed however, I have chosen to withdraw the ability to download Keedlestone for new users/customers.

Those who own the current version of Keedlestone, you'll still be able to re-download any files or request a new download link should you need to (Although I advise waiting for the update). I'm going to be putting together a complete changelog in the post below some time over the next couple of days indicating every single change I have made since the current public release, it may take a while due to the amount of changes so bear with me.

More screenshots in the spoiler below:
(Any AI seen is not final and subject to change, some textures need fixing in places too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread