just a suggestion for the ukdt (1 Viewer)

Should the ukdt add cotterell botw and bristol airport together

• Total voters

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
as we all know omsi 2 dosn't really have any massive uk maps so as a suggestion with all permission maybe the ukdt could join cotterell botw and Bristol airport together . im no omsi 2 map editor expert so i dont know if it is possible but if it is then it really will be a big project and when its done it will be enjoyed by everyone and finally a use for the cateano levante so if it is possible then id love to see it made please tell me your opinion and thoughts below and dont forget to do the poll thanks W942 ULL

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
as we all know omsi 2 dosn't really have any massive uk maps so as a suggestion with all permission maybe the ukdt could join cotterell botw and Bristol airport together . im no omsi 2 map editor expert so i dont know if it is possible but if it is then it really will be a big project and when its done it will be enjoyed by everyone and finally a use for the cateano levante so if it is possible then id love to see it made please tell me your opinion and thoughts below and dont forget to do the poll thanks W942 ULL
I can pretty much guarantee you it won't happen. It's practically impossible to combine two separate maps. Even if you could, it would be difficult due to different tile positions.
Plus, to get the route from Bristol Airport to Bath is about 20 miles of extra road that has to be made.To put that in perspective, it's about 8 miles from the airport to Bristol City Centre.
Also, Cotterell is semi-fictional, just based off Bath, so it's not completely realistic so wouldn't really fit the aim I'm going for with Bristol.
You're not the only one who's suggested it, so I thought I'd write this to clear it all up.

It's pretty safe to say it won't happen. As cool as it would be, from a practicality stand point, it's not possible.

Advertisement

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
I can pretty much guarantee you it won't happen. It's practically impossible to combine two separate maps. Even if you could, it would be difficult due to different tile positions.
Plus, to get the route from Bristol Airport to Bath is about 20 miles of extra road that has to be made.To put that in perspective, it's about 8 miles from the airport to Bristol City Centre.
Also, Cotterell is semi-fictional, just based off Bath, so it's not completely realistic so wouldn't really fit the aim I'm going for with Bristol.
You're not the only one who's suggested it, so I thought I'd write this to clear it all up.

It's pretty safe to say it won't happen. As cool as it would be, from a practicality stand point, it's not possible.
ah thats a shame thanks for the reply though

Last edited by a moderator:

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
It was originally on the cards to have BotW and Cotterell on the same map, but this idea was shelved for several reasons.

Chief among which is the time and effort required to do so. Secondly, these are three very different maps, with different levels of quality, at different positions in their life. Each would need reworking to work with each other, so by the time you do all that, you may as well have a fresh map from scratch.

For example, the idea was floated a long time ago to refresh Bowdenham, but it actually takes longer to refurbish an existing map than it is to make one from new.

The unfortunate reality of map-making in OMSI is that it is extremely labour-intensive, and it requires a full team working behind it in order for there to be any reasonable progress.

Our interim solution is to just tack on a few more routes on to BotW to give it a bit more scope, then retire it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread