Issues with X10 update and now a disk write error (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2016
I have been on a couple of Maps today that have been working fine (Gainsborough & Spandau) but when I decided to go on Berlin X10 I started getting errors, I restarted it several times but this didn't work.

I tried reinstalling the X10 add-on in Steam but this resulted in a disk write error in Steam but after trying all the sensible options to fix it I wasn't getting anywhere. I then uninstalled OMSI 2 completely but on attempting to reinstall it I am just getting the same error.

I have tried reinstalling DLC in other games successfully as a test. Has anyone else had this problem? My only other option is to replace the hard drive, however this is less than a year old and should not have anything wrong with it.

Thanks,
Lee.

Solution
I have the exact same issue. Havnt played omsi in around a year or so, but bought the hafencity and x10 dlc and neither of them work, ive reinstalled, deleted everything, changed which hard drive omsi runs off, deleted the game and tried again and nothing works. I can barely get 5mins out of a map before things either turn white or sections of road are missing.

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
I have been on a couple of Maps today that have been working fine (Gainsborough & Spandau) but when I decided to go on Berlin X10 I started getting errors, I restarted it several times but this didn't work.

I tried reinstalling the X10 add-on in Steam but this resulted in a disk write error in Steam but after trying all the sensible options to fix it I wasn't getting anywhere. I then uninstalled OMSI 2 completely but on attempting to reinstall it I am just getting the same error.

I have tried reinstalling DLC in other games successfully as a test. Has anyone else had this problem? My only other option is to replace the hard drive, however this is less than a year old and should not have anything wrong with it.

Thanks,
Lee.

Hiya. The new update for it has caused a few issues. What I would recommend is validating your OMSI directory to check for any missing system files that X10 may need for it to run.

Navigate here: Right click OMSI 2 in Steam, Click Properties, Local Files, Verify integrity of game files.

I had this problem a few times and this always helped me. If it doesnt work, just head back and someone else may have a better answer. :)

EDIT: A disk write error may also mean you do not have enough available space to run OMSI or the map or administrative rights are blocking OMSI from being able to write to the hard drive. Your other option is youtube as that often has some good tutorials on how to fix it.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Oct 24, 2016
Hi, I have tried verifying the game files which seemed to work but it started having the issue again. I was thinking of installing the entire game and DLC's without X10 ticked in the DLC list to try and isolate it to that add-on when I get back on my computer.

Disk wise I have about 110GB and running Steam as admin which seems to be what a lot of people in YT have.

Thanks,
Lee.

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
Hi, I have tried verifying the game files which seemed to work but it started having the issue again. I was thinking of installing the entire game and DLC's without X10 ticked in the DLC list to try and isolate it to that add-on when I get back on my computer.

Disk wise I have about 110GB and running Steam as admin which seems to be what a lot of people in YT have.

Thanks,
Lee.

I am not seeming to have that issue. Here is what I would do.

1. Uncheck the DLC from Steam and let it uninstall.
2. Go into your OMSI 2 Directory and delete EVERYTHING associated with Berlin X10. (This may be rather Daunting so just delete the map and the DL05.)
3. Reinstall Berlin X10 on Steam.
4. Run the game and see if it works.

I once had a similar issue with Chicago Downtown and I found that deleting the map and vehicles and then reinstalling it made the difference. If this fails, do not hesitate to let me know. :)

Thanks,
Lee.

Dont do anything as drastic as you have already done, its the map thats at fault not OMSI or your PC.
X10 has worked fine for me for many years up until this update. Scenery objects are popping up where they should not when driving the X10 route. I have to go into F4 move away then come back to continue. Its a bit like sceneryobjects are appearing as AI !!

EDIT... Just seen the other replies. I firgot to mention I deleted the map and reinstalled the DLC. I didnt do the DL05 though, I should have because I had issues with the bus textures.

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
I have completely uninstalled OMSI 2 but even trying to install it without any DLC enabled results in a disk write error, the only reason I can think of why it could be doing this with only OMSI 2 is if Steam or Windows 10 no longer supports 32-bit software.

Ok. Just delete the map from your directory and reinstall X10. that should fix any errors. also what you mean I have windows 10 and I run omsi and steam just fine.

Oct 24, 2016
Ok. Just delete the map from your directory and reinstall X10. that should fix any errors. also what you mean I have windows 10 and I run omsi and steam just fine.
I don't have anything in the OMSI 2 directory as I fully uninstalled OMSI 2, I tried installing OMSI 2 on it's own with DLC switched off and it causes the same problem but all 64-bit steam games are installing ok.

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
I don't have anything in the OMSI 2 directory as I fully uninstalled OMSI 2, I tried installing OMSI 2 on it's own with DLC switched off and it causes the same problem but all 64-bit steam games are installing ok.

well it is definitely not a windows 10 compatibility issue as I can run OMSI 2, Steam and Berlin X10 absolutely fine on a Windows 10 PC. I think you just have a few missing files. A good idea may be to back up your OMSI 2 Directory, delete it and reinstall OMSI. (If not already tried)

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
If you bought this via Steam you would have issues as Steam is usually either downloaded wrong or not quite downloaded properly. At the time I bought the hard copy, which came with a model bus, and downloaded the .exe from Halycon

I wish all addons were dual, Steam and or download as I am not a fan of Steam’s servers

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
If you bought this via Steam you would have issues as Steam is usually either downloaded wrong or not quite downloaded properly. At the time I bought the hard copy, which came with a model bus, and downloaded the .exe from Halycon

I wish all addons were dual, Steam and or download as I am not a fan of Steam’s servers

I have never had any problems with it ngl

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
I have completely uninstalled OMSI 2, cleared the folder out of the steamapps folder and it will not install the game at all even with DLC off without giving the disk write error

Ok. if you cant install whatsoever, I would consult steam at this point. Seeing as this is a them problem as its their servers that provide you with the download.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I think the core OMSI.exe wasn’t updated as when I checked the date prior to verifying files it was October 2019. So if that’s the case for you all, doing this sort things out.

One thing, if you change a bus on the Ai list namley the 18m BVG list to say, the Scania citywide that can cause memory issues. Also they’ve removed licence plates from the Ai list but left them for the DL. To save on memory.

I can say the improvements are far better, but be mindful on return journeys to Zoolog Garten where you can run out of memory, with the 4GB patch applied.

Oct 24, 2016
I managed to get the disk error sorted without formatting my computer as some suggested on another site but tried to drive the X10 route with the Volvo bendy and it gets white textures after so long, I've restarted it 7 times and only half way through the route but the last two had white textures straight away after starting. I'm starting to wonder how anyone has managed to get anything out of this DLC, I can't even use the DL buses on other maps as the destination displays are incompatible with other maps.

Oct 24, 2016
My latest response on regarding this issue, my PC exceeds the minimum and recommended specifications.
response.JPG

Actual specifications
(Not listed is a Nvidia GTX960 GPU)
specs.JPG

Last edited:

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread