issues with vega 64 GPU

badwolf

Apr 12, 2019
Hi people i aint sure if this is the right place to ask but playing OMSI2 for some reason when i am driving the whole game freezes for about 3 or 4 seconds i have graphics set at default

specs are
GPU vega64 8GB,
cpu is ryzen 1600x
16gb of memory
running on a m.2 SSD .... whats the best settings anyone know thank you

LH275

𝘺𝘦𝘴
Dec 9, 2016
Hi people i aint sure if this is the right place to ask but playing OMSI2 for some reason when i am driving the whole game freezes for about 3 or 4 seconds i have graphics set at default

specs are
GPU vega64 8GB,
cpu is ryzen 1600x
16gb of memory
running on a m.2 SSD .... whats the best settings anyone know thank you
Well, OMSI does that when loading in tiles. The amount of time it takes depends on what is to be loaded or reloaded in order for thing to run "smoothly ". I'm not too sure on settings though, mine aren't that good either 😕

Moskie

Jan 16, 2016
It's not necessarily tiles this one - OMSI likes to stick like this when it's trying to find an asset which doesn't 'exist' in your root, for example if the .bus file is misspelt in the ailist. Come to think of it, your logfile will tell you in most instances why it's happening - take note of the times it freezes up, close OMSI then crack open your logfile to see if you can find what's going on. 😁

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
Staff Team Leader
Forum Moderator
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
As noted above, the logfile (in the OMSI root directory) will be your friend in tackling this one, especially if it's nap specific. Stalling is normally to do with loading in new assets, though since you're running on an M.2 drive I'm surprised.

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Masterswitch Studios
Nov 1, 2016
As issues said above, OMSI loads tiles in and the game does freeze. In reference to your M.2 drive, I assume Windows is installed on is, is OMSI on this drive as well or is OMSI on a standard HDD?