Is there a way to shut the passengers up? (1 Viewer)

I am so tired of these passengers. I drive normally, and they shout at me as if I flipped the bus over. Sometimes I drive in a straight line and they STILL shout at me, even though I am doing nothing wrong. Is there any way to shut them up forever, because its seriously hindering my experience with the game at this point.

Solution
I'm a long time lurker but first time poster here. There are 3 ways to stop the passengers complaining:

1. Drive properly. However, some maps like Smarden require a lot of stopping, starting and harsh acceleration; so this probably won't work.

2. Adjust the sound settings as per the posts above. This is really just a quick by-pass though, the passengers will still complain, but you won't hear them. They might still storm off the bus at some point, and other sounds that you might want to hear will be off.

3. The actual method to do this properly is to adjust the {whinge_prop} setting in the ticket pack that a map uses. The ticket packs can be found in your 'TicketPacks' folder in your OMSI installation, and the setting is in the otp...
Jan 12, 2020
Tbf idk
I am so tired of these passengers. I drive normally, and they shout at me as if I flipped the bus over. Sometimes I drive in a straight line and they STILL shout at me, even though I am doing nothing wrong. Is there any way to shut them up forever, because its seriously hindering my experience with the game at this point.
Put your max sound count to 175 and it should get rid of the passenger complaints...
omsi 2.JPG

Hope this works for you :D

Advertisement

Mar 31, 2016
I'm a long time lurker but first time poster here. There are 3 ways to stop the passengers complaining:

1. Drive properly. However, some maps like Smarden require a lot of stopping, starting and harsh acceleration; so this probably won't work.

2. Adjust the sound settings as per the posts above. This is really just a quick by-pass though, the passengers will still complain, but you won't hear them. They might still storm off the bus at some point, and other sounds that you might want to hear will be off.

3. The actual method to do this properly is to adjust the {whinge_prop} setting in the ticket pack that a map uses. The ticket packs can be found in your 'TicketPacks' folder in your OMSI installation, and the setting is in the otp file in each folder here. You can open this with a text editor (such as notepad). You'll see an entry quite early on such as:

[ticketpack]

It will be the bottom figure you'll want to adjust, the closer to zero it is, the less likely the passengers will be to complain. Set it at zero, and they shouldn't complain, even if you go around like a rally driver after a few glasses of scotch.

If you need to find out what ticketpack each map uses, check the global.cfg file for each map that you use (this will be in the maps folder of your OMSI installation). It is a bit of a longer process, but then shouldn't throw up any errors with missing sounds.

Solution

3. The actual method to do this properly is to adjust the {whinge_prop} setting in the ticket pack that a map uses. The ticket packs can be found in your 'TicketPacks' folder in your OMSI installation, and the setting is in the otp file in each folder here. You can open this with a text editor (such as notepad). You'll see an entry quite early on such as:

[ticketpack]

It will be the bottom figure you'll want to adjust, the closer to zero it is, the less likely the passengers will be to complain. Set it at zero, and they shouldn't complain, even if you go around like a rally driver after a few glasses of scotch.

If you need to find out what ticketpack each map uses, check the global.cfg file for each map that you use (this will be in the maps folder of your OMSI installation). It is a bit of a longer process, but then shouldn't throw up any errors with missing sounds.
Hello! I know it's an old thread, but trying anyway.

I wanted to stop the passengers from complaining the ''right'' way by setting the probability to 0 in the ticketpacks, but it doesn't seem to work for me. They still complain when I'm trying to keep a low speed, playing on keyboard... Any idea why? Tried it for Krefrath, editing Krefrath.otp, so it should work... I would prefer not to simply delete the sound files as they'll still get off the bus after a while.

Thanks

This thread is more than 2 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread