Is OMSI 2 Main file corrupted on steam (1 Viewer)

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire.
Hi,
A few weeks ago I purchased OMSI 2.3.004 through Steam, downloaded & installed, then I successfully added some RHD (UK) maps, BOTW & Cotterel included, very good work chaps. After getting used to the sim & adjusting settings to suit my PC, I thought now for the Editor. However after many tries the Editor will not start fully,

I first tried Steam Support--- their answer was "It is a software problem & provided a link to Aerosoft Support".

Aerosoft support stated bluntly "We do not provide support for the OMSI 2 Editor".

I then posted the details on Marcels OMSI support website -- Quite a few views but no replies.
[OMSI2] Editor will not START - OMSI Hauptprogramm / OMSI main program - Supportforum - Marcels OMSI-Forum

So now I hope someone here can either help or advise me as to possible actions to take to rectify this if at all possible.

1a) Is the Editor part of the core program.

1b) Is any other download required to make it workable.

1c) is this the correct procedure to use the editor,----
First open Steam,
In library right click on OMSI 2,
Then click Properties,
Then click LAUCH OPTIONS,
Then "type" EDITOR in box,
Then click OK,
Then click play.

Every time I try to use it, after a few seconds it brings up a splashscreen* & then almost immediately a POPUP window appears (see Attachment).
I noticed the *Splashscreen is "Main OMSI 2" not "Editor" one.

This kind of warning usually indicates a missing or incorrect PATH.

Also on Marcels OMSI support website someone appeared to be having the identical concern in 2015, & again I could find no answer.

I have carried out a complete new core base download/installation (no addons or extras) then next day verified game cache, on trying to start Editor still exactly the same response.

Omsi2 Editor Error.jpg

Attachments

• logfile Editor Launch.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 137

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Hi,

2) Missing items.

During my attempts to get the editor to run, I also had a detailed look at the logfile & was somewhat astounded that even though this was a new core base download/installation (no addons or extras) & with an 100% verified game cache that out of 222 lines, 99 were Warnings of various differing missing items.

Although the main program seemingly runs OK on both standard maps, & on checking them with Map Tools, it finds them OK with no errors or missing items. Surely this amount of warnings will affect the even running of the sim even if it is only lags in trying to locate these items which may no longer be required.

I have attached the Logfile & would appreciate any ones comments as I could be way off the mark.

Attachments

• logfile Omsi 2 main after Cache Verified 100%.txt
    21.7 KB · Views: 280

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
1. As stated above, you want to put in
Code:
-editor
at the end of the target string so your target looks something like this:
Code:
"A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\OMSI 2\Omsi.exe" -editor

2. Warnings put out by Omsi are generally innocuous and don't affect the running of the game. Most of the time they're missing texture warnings, frequently caused by textures that have been replaced by script with something else. Text is a common one for this, the way text is applied to an object in Omsi is that it replaces a texture on the object. Because that texture will be replaced and never seen, it is common for developers to not include that texture, which causes Omsi to complain. There are also some variables in the core game that are initialised to texture filenames that don't exist, throwing errors that happen with any Omsi install on any map and just clutter the logfile. :P

Reactions: ARTY 1

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Hi to all

Thank you all for your very prompt responses, surprisingly something so simple as a missing hyphen causing all my angst.:):)

I have tried it with the hyphen (dash) & bingo I am in, now I just have to find out how to use it !!! :( I have downloaded the SDK manual so that should help.

Is launching the editor through Steam the only way.? I read in one forum somewhere that there is a program that adds a desktop shortcut.
Also if you have the full target string could you use it as a command line & use that to start the editor. so as not to keep typing into the launch options then reverting back to standard.

Thank you Road hog 123 for your explanation on missing items, I thought it must be something like that otherwise the program would crash.

Now I can go about re-installing all the UK RHD routes again & fully enjoying them.

Once again thanks to one & all.:p

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Hi to all

Thank you all for your very prompt responses, surprisingly something so simple as a missing hyphen causing all my angst.:):)

I have tried it with the hyphen (dash) & bingo I am in, now I just have to find out how to use it !!! :( I have downloaded the SDK manual so that should help.

Is launching the editor through Steam the only way.? I read in one forum somewhere that there is a program that adds a desktop shortcut.
Also if you have the full target string could you use it as a command line & use that to start the editor. so as not to keep typing into the launch options then reverting back to standard.

Thank you Road hog 123 for your explanation on missing items, I thought it must be something like that otherwise the program would crash.

Now I can go about re-installing all the UK RHD routes again & fully enjoying them.

Once again thanks to one & all.:p
OMSI/OMSI Editor will always launch through Steam. Think it was only on OMSI 1 when it launched directly via a shortcut

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
If you make a shortcut to the Omsi.exe file, you can launch the game with a desktop or start menu shortcut. You can change the target of it to launch into the Editor there too. The game is integrated with Steam however, so you still have to be signed into Steam for the game to launch, so even launching it from a shortcut doesn't stop the blasted Steam optional parameters popup appearing... :mad:

Reactions: ARTY 1
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread