Is anyone using an ELD?

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
If your looking for your own dispatcher system (Way to log loads), If you are paying for hosting and want to stay on the cheaper end, I would say use TruckNet (its only like 40 USD). If you don't have your own hosting, Then use TB (TrucksBook) or Tour-O-Matic. Or whatever else you can find.

Or if your really looking to out do yourself and stand out from other companies, you can pay a web developer and get one made like I did. For my VTC (Premiere Transport), I got my own made and its different from any other VTC. I been told I got the best VTC system out there. Mine is based on Wordpress but it has lots of professional coding. (Which costs alot of money).

Plus if you need any help, Please feel free to private message me. (I been running a VTC for over 3 years).

jasonroy

May 18, 2017
Favourite Truck
Volvo
If your looking for your own dispatcher system (Way to log loads), If you are paying for hosting and want to stay on the cheaper end, I would say use TruckNet (its only like 40 USD). If you don't have your own hosting, Then use TB (TrucksBook) or Tour-O-Matic. Or whatever else you can find.

Or if your really looking to out do yourself and stand out from other companies, you can pay a web developer and get one made like I did. For my VTC (Premiere Transport), I got my own made and its different from any other VTC. I been told I got the best VTC system out there. Mine is based on Wordpress but it has lots of professional coding. (Which costs alot of money).

Plus if you need any help, Please feel free to private message me. (I been running a VTC for over 3 years).

$40 USD is expensive! I am getting a deal from KeepTruckin for $20 per month with no hosting charges so I don't know why would one put so much of effort in getting a system developed from scratch. What do you do when WordPress makes changes to its own system? Do you have a full-time developer? What about crashes or hacks?

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
$40 USD is expensive! I am getting a deal from KeepTruckin for $20 per month with no hosting charges so I don't know why would one put so much of effort in getting a system developed from scratch. What do you do when WordPress makes changes to its own system? Do you have a full-time developer? What about crashes or hacks?
I see what your saying about it being expensive, But it is only a one time fee, Free updates and its all custom. And hosting over all isnt to bad. Your looking around maybe 20 dollars a month (Plus that includes the domain). For KeepTruckin, Thats fine for starting off, but I believe for a VTC its better to have unique, and stand out from other companies.

Now with me, Yes it did cost me a lot of money at the start to get a custom one made for my VTC. But it is all professional coding, any problems I have I get fixed from my dev for free. I am also getting very fast, safe, web hosting from my web dev. Only thing I need to worry about is having a domain which is only 10 dollars. Plus a small fee for the web hosting. But in the long term of things, I am actually saving a lot of money. Plus with my setup, I have the freedom to do whatever, I can have it customized for my VTC, and I have room for addons. And as far as WordPress being my base for the platform, I never have any issues for when they update because of the way my dev coded it. And Yes my dev is a professional developer BUT he has other projects other than my VTC that he does. Web developing is his job.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I've never understood why people spend a huge amount of money on fancy tracking and everything else, VTC's worked great using a forum to log everything back in the day :P

Speedy

Pro Trucker ;)
Jan 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
I've never understood why people spend a huge amount of money on fancy tracking and everything else, VTC's worked great using a forum to log everything back in the day :p
Yea, but now and days, everyone is trying to be on top with the best. They want to be number one, best VTC out there. Yes there is something called going overboard, but what I did, I would not call overboard for a VTC. The system I got, overall I didnt get a bad deal. (A lot cheaper than I can say some companies spend.) But even though I got my own system, different from everyone else, I still stick with this key word "KISS" It means "Keep It Simple Stupid"