Is a G27 worth it? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow truckers,

I have a question about a steering wheel. I now have a Logitech Momo, and I'm happy. But many people tell me a G27 is really worth it (and I think so too).

Unfortunately, my laptop isn't the best one and on a mix of low and medium settings (and 75% scaling) I get around 15-25 fps. So is it worth it to purchase a G27? I could also save the money for a better PC (although I won't really buy one in the coming ~2 years I think).

Thank you very much!

Advertisement

My friend uses a Momo and has no complaints. He's building a whole new PC set up before he even considers buying a G27. So from that, I'm going to say no. Also, I've had better reviews from other wheels such as Thrustmaster, if you can afford it.
That's exactly my thought. I'm happy with it so I'd better invest it in a new PC :)

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Hello fellow truckers,

I have a question about a steering wheel. I now have a Logitech Momo, and I'm happy. But many people tell me a G27 is really worth it (and I think so too).

Unfortunately, my laptop isn't the best one and on a mix of low and medium settings (and 75% scaling) I get around 15-25 fps. So is it worth it to purchase a G27? I could also save the money for a better PC (although I won't really buy one in the coming ~2 years I think).

Thank you very much!

Regardless of frame rate, I think a wheel is worth it! I actually found that not using the keyboard controls boosted my fps by 1 :P

However, I would say now that unless you can get a G27 reasonably cheap, you'd be better off with a new generation Logitech wheel (The G29 or G920) - costs the same with a shifter as the G27 used too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread