Insurance in the UK is a joke! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzz

The Baron
All vehicle insurance companies in the UK are thieves.

Why doesn't everyone drive/ride without insurance? Just to prove a point... It'd be so much easier, less expensive and less hassle than the confusing systems that Insurance companies put in place to empty your wallet.

I don't drive without insurance... All my vehicles and motorbikes are insured (so don't investigate me ;) ) but I'm saying that I don't see the point in insuring something that's worth more than it's value.. For example... My motorcycle costs £3,000 and my insurance is £1,300 which is more than a third of the bikes value.

?????

I'd love to hear from you international users what the insurance system is like where you live...

Advertisement

MartyTheTrucker

I am not sure since I'm not even old enough to drive a car but I know here in Bulgaria there is some sort of insurance you MUST have on your car which covers the damages of the car you've crashed into if it's your fault. I think it's something around 300-700 leva (150-350 euros)
and I think you have to pay it yearly. And I think there's one for the kinda same sort of money you pay monthly for your car which insures all damages on your car. This actually isn't a small amount of money because average wages here are 300-400 euros monthly.

Again, I'm very unsure of this but it's something like this. I'm just telling this based on some info I remember from my dad telling me about the insurance of his car a while back.

Gotta ask him again and tell you if what I said is correct :p

EDIT: Oh and also, this is the insurance of an SUV.

Reactions: Muzz

KGB

Media Manager
I purposely am not driving yet due to this. Pathetic country at times, it really is.

Seven

The Dickhead
Founding Member
I'm also not behind the wheel because of this. My first car, I know will be half the price of the insurance at least. It's pathetic. >Lives in UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)