Inside SCS Software - Video analyzation thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've stated in a previous thread (here), DaSquirrelsNuts was a at SCS HQ some tiem ago and recorded a bunch of footage there. This includes news about ETS2, ATS and the new Coach sim they're working on! In this thread I'll basically be looking at the videos Squirrel release, and post any interesting stuff I find in them here. Such as upcoming features of ETS2, ATS and Coach Sim.

Lets start with the just released part 1:

This video includes:
1) A small tour around the building.
2) Footage from the Asset Team
3) Footage from the Coach Sim Team
4) Footage from the Truck Team

The Asset Team.

The footage at from the asset team basically shows one of the guys building a new model for the ferry, most probably to be used in the Scandinavia DLC.

5eItnFY.png

yy7BqHi.png

Footage of the new small truck dealers is also shown, but we have that in the game already.

Some new faces (litteraly) and animations are coming for SCS's trio (Lets call ATS, ETS2 and Coach sim the "trio") aswell.

Hbyu1VV.png

We6Tmcn.png

The Coach Sim Team

Now this is exciting, because we are getting a first peek into what is to come in Coach Sim.

In the video we see the front end of one of the busses. Can't determine the model, so if any bus fans are here I'd like your help!

pYlFzQP.png

Also we are getting a first glance at the interior of one of these busses, not sure if the same one as above. The logo on the steering wheel I think is of a K Setra bus. Can't be sure. Also as said in the video, the interior is modelled with great detail.

miAN0tD.png

The Truck Team

As expected, here we see a bit of footage of the MP4, including the interior and exterior. Judging by the video it's going well and I hope they finish it soon. We also get a glance at the development of an upcoming Scandinavia Paintjobs DLC.

wN0zSXz.png

Interior really looks good. Hoping those wood bits are just in the "Luxury version" or whatever it is because I don't like them a lot. It's amazing what these guys do because all they have to work with is pictures they've taken of the truck.

7RTG9kk.png

Exterior also looks like it's coming nicely. Can't wait as it's my favourite truck!

zut4us9.png

And last but not least, we see one of the devs working on the new truck skins DLC. I'm interested to see what this will be like...

Last edited:

Advertisement

ATS does not look unique now after watching that video. :( It just looks like a ETS2 DLC. Still probably going to buy it.
Well to me, all the textures, prefabs and models look different, i mean, at least it doesn't have the problems every 18WOS game had, like terrible FOV in the interior cam, and the trucks that turned faster than most cars and also the unbalanced economy (if you hired a single driver with a truck you are a billionaire)

Advertisement

Jul 26, 2014
Well to me, all the textures, prefabs and models look different, i mean, at least it doesn't have the problems every 18WOS game had, like terrible FOV in the interior cam, and the trucks that turned faster than most cars and also the unbalanced economy (if you hired a single driver with a truck you are a billionaire)

Good points. The game in those days was representative of the technology of those times though. Cutting edge computers in those days had limitations, and it's not like SCS is a Triple A title publisher with a huge budget. With how small SCS's staff is it's no surprise the teams are sharing things. It's already taking long enough for the game to be released. I can't fault SCS for how long it's taking either, their staff might have 20 people on it for all we know. With any luck the ATS release will bring them enough revenue to speed up the DLC process for ATS. For me ATS is all about playing an american trucking game with the modern graphics of today. With all that said I definitely can't wait for the release, even if it only includes Cali and another state or two.

I agree with the points about ATS and the earlier SCS truck sim's. I would LOVE to play this game sooner, rather than later, but; I would REALLY like to play this game with licenced trucks. if it meant having to wait for that, then we would have no choice. I've seen a few half-finished games get released and patched up non-stop just to be playable. I'm committed to buying this game, it looks good so far.
:)

ATS basically uses the same engine as ETS2, but ofcourse with some tweaks to make it a bit better. They say both games (ATS and ETS2) will be maintaned in parralel and have the same new features added to the gameplay. Ofcourse this only applies to features actually appliable in the other game. i.e. EU doesn't have weight stations so they won't be added. Also, as said in the video, everything (except a few small things) is built from scratch for ATS. All the roads, buildings, assets, everything.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread