Inside SCS Software and 1 hour with American Truck Simulator (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2014
SCS Software said:
Some weeks ago we welcomed a very special guest in our office - the one YouTuber and Twitch streamer who is the most dedicated to our truck simulation games of them all: Paul a.k.a. Squirrel!

Paul has finally managed to process the footage he has recorded during his visit in Prague, and started posting it to his YouTube channel in daily installments a few days ago.

The wealth of information in Paul's movies about what is happening at SCS Software, what we are doing and where we are headed with our projects, what is the vision for years to come, is really unprecedented. We were very open in explaining what we do - no question went unanswered. The movies and interviews reveal more than what we have shown you here on our blog so far during the past year. If you are interested in what we are doing, you cannot afford to miss them:
In addition to Squirrel's videos, today we also present you with an exclusive sneak peek at the alpha version of American Truck Simulator. Don't forget that American Truck Simulator is still very much under development and features and environments may change prior to the official release.

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/01/inside-scs-software-and-1-hour-with.html

[youtube]

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
Looking forward to the release of ATS of course, but feeling a little disappointed with its huge resemblance to ETS2 :angry3:

That being said, there's nothing wrong with ETS2, so provided it lives up to that, which no doubt it will, I'll still be buying it :)

Advertisement

I'm not disappointed one bit, it's honestly what I was expecting. It looks nothing like ETS2 did when it first came out. the reason I think ETS2 looks a lot like ATS is because a lot of the new features for ETS2, better looking trucks, better looking maps. A lot of it came from the development of ATS. The 18 wheels of steal series never changed a huge amount from game to game. SCS never continued to update and improve those games once they were released like they have done with ETS2.

Last edited:

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
London
stobarttrucking.com
Looking forward to the release of ATS of course, but feeling a little disappointed with its huge resemblance to ETS2 :angry3:

I'm not disappointed one bit, it's honestly what I was expecting. It looks nothing like ETS2 did when it first came out. the reason I think ETS2 looks a lot like ATS is because a lot of the new features for ETS2, better looking trucks, better looking maps. A lot of it came from the development of ATS. The 18 wheels of steal series never changed a huge amount from game to game. SCS never continued to update and improve those games once they were released like they have done with ETS2.

IMO, The Content within the game is amazing. However, I am disappointed the fact that SCS haven't given ATS that flare within the menus. The jump from the UI in the original ETS to ETS2 was amazing but using the same UI in other games is just not right. IMO, every simulator/game should be unique in every way possible but I guess SCS to improve ATS but for an alpha, it looks really good.

Nevertheless, I would still buy ATS for the hard work SCS have put in.

Just to finish off the rant, here is some maths. :p
ATS = 3 Letters
Triangles = 3 Sides
Triangle = Illuminati
Illuminati = Triangle
--------------------------
ATS = Illuminati
Illuminati Confirmed.

Reactions: Max
IMO, The Content within the game is amazing. However, I am disappointed the fact that SCS haven't given ATS that flare within the menus. The jump from the UI in the original ETS to ETS2 was amazing but using the same UI in other games is just not right. IMO, every simulator/game should be unique in every way possible but I guess SCS to improve ATS but for an alpha, it looks really good.

Nevertheless, I would still buy ATS for the hard work SCS have put in.

Just to finish off the rant, here is some maths. :p
ATS = 3 Letters
Triangles = 3 Sides
Triangle = Illuminati
Illuminati = Triangle
--------------------------
ATS = Illuminati
Illuminati Confirmed.
It is true that the UI could change before release, even if it doesn't it won't bother me a bit. I'm pretty happy with the UI in ETS2. I think SCS did change it a bit for ATS and chose to update the ETS2 UI with it a few months ago. It wasn't a big change I know but it added a few features and stream lined it.

Without knowing their budget or staff (and also knowing how long it's taking to finish the first version of the game) I can only assume SCS has limited resources. For an alpha version it looks great, can't wait to play it.

It's been mentioned in the Inside SCS Software vids. They have a rather small team and it takes them quite some time to finish projects. In example Scandinavia DLC has been in development for over a year now!

Reactions: mooby346

Advertisement

SCS is a business and the sole goal of a business is to earn money, if one game has a better UI the customer will get the one with the better UI, but if its the same they might try both, they would just be creating competition for themselves if the UI was different and the more money hanging over the head of the CEO the happier he/she is

Jul 31, 2014
Well, I'm just disapointed that ATS doesn't have realistic unsynced gearboxes, realistic jake brakes, a new style of menus and different wiper speeds.

Other than that it's pretty much what I expected, though the way you have to park your trailer is really cool and I'm very happy that we'll get 18 speed gearboxes.

SCS is a business and the sole goal of a business is to earn money, if one game has a better UI the customer will get the one with the better UI, but if its the same they might try both, they would just be creating competition for themselves if the UI was different and the more money hanging over the head of the CEO the happier he/she is

It's not just about "money hanging over the head of the CEO". They want to make more money from sales to expand their team and develop stuff like new games or DLCs faster.

Advertisement

This looks FANTASTIC! I can't wait for the full release but I have one little thing to say. I know this is still in development and the gameplay footage was from an early Alpha build but. It would be nice to have more realistic engine sounds as they sound a little cheap but on the other hand, I would not hesitate in buying the game when it comes out. :) :) (Keep Up The Good Work)

Jul 31, 2014
I would like to be able to get an app for my Tablet PC, that will connect to my game, have that as my GPS window. Less clutter on my main screen, and a little more immersive.

That's a pretty cool idea actually, I've never thought of that. But I don't think that that is possible (as the game and phone should display the same at the same time, without any delay) and I'm pretty sure that SCS isn't able to do it anyway.
I think it'd also be rather expensive to have servers that are capable of doing that for every player.

Maybe this'll be a thing in 10 years or so!:p

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread