i want to create an omnidekka but dont know how to (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no, making a bus from scratch requires a lot of time, effort, and patience. If I have to be brutally honest, I don't really see it in you, sorry.
how can you tell someone's personality traits through one question asked on a forum? Why are you just assuming that he doesn't have the dedication to do it? Maybe he doesn't but i find that by immediately assuming that he won't want to try or anything seems very rude.

i would really like to create an omnidekka but i dont know how to i was wondering wheather someone could give me some help
Well you could try and start to practice modelling by making a static bus using software like blender, then if you are ready, then you could try scripting, there are videos on road-hog's twitch channel for scripts, or you can look at the script files of other buses to get a reference but button assignments will take ages.

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
i would really like to create an omnidekka but i dont know how to i was wondering wheather someone could give me some help
Nice choice of bus there! I would also like to do an Omnidekka but like a lot of people I have found 3d software a bit difficult to work with and the process of importing even the most basic of things into OMSI rather infuriating.
To me the best kind of Omnidekka is a 12m low height one since I grew up riding them, though with three different chassis and four different types of bodywork by three different companies over the years, the Omnidekka is hardly a standardised bus one you get looking. And that's only the Nottingham ones. But each to their own as to what bus they prefer.
The SD202 static bus can be converted into a convincing Omnidekka static model, I did one myself a while back and it was okay, just a texture change required.

If you're itching to give it a go then if you have some sort of 3d software like Google Sketchup or something and make a box. See if you can get it into OMSI. Then, if you can, go back to your box and give it some windows and a Scania badge, and take it from there.
That's what I *should* do anyway. In reality I try to make the whole object in one go and then mess up between putting it in Blender and getting it to OMSI. Don't be like me and do that!

busmadguyuk

the british omnidekka
Oct 27, 2016
Nice choice of bus there! I would also like to do an Omnidekka but like a lot of people I have found 3d software a bit difficult to work with and the process of importing even the most basic of things into OMSI rather infuriating.
To me the best kind of Omnidekka is a 12m low height one since I grew up riding them, though with three different chassis and four different types of bodywork by three different companies over the years, the Omnidekka is hardly a standardised bus one you get looking. And that's only the Nottingham ones. But each to their own as to what bus they prefer.
The SD202 static bus can be converted into a convincing Omnidekka static model, I did one myself a while back and it was okay, just a texture change required.

If you're itching to give it a go then if you have some sort of 3d software like Google Sketchup or something and make a box. See if you can get it into OMSI. Then, if you can, go back to your box and give it some windows and a Scania badge, and take it from there.
That's what I *should* do anyway. In reality I try to make the whole object in one go and then mess up between putting it in Blender and getting it to OMSI. Don't be like me and do that!

thank you for the info and help I am planning to model it of off reading buses standardised omnidekka here's a photo
1531313584609.png
not my image I have fond memories of riding these when I was growing up hence my choice of bus. I believe the chassis is a l94ub at least I think.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
thank you for the info and help I am planning to model it of off reading buses standardised omnidekka here's a photo View attachment 31642 not my image I have fond memories of riding these when I was growing up hence my choice of bus. I believe the chassis is a l94ub at least I think.
I rode that bus lots of times too (First X53 and 31)!
10481720656_889abb3861_b.jpg

40359988_cf792a041f_b.jpg

(images not mine, but depict what I mean the best)

Advertisement

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
i believe you can do it but it is very complicated and takes a lot of your time so if you have lots of spare time go for it if not try parts of the bus here and there until maybe one day it will be complete as @buttiebacon said you should try to experiment with a static bus for now until your modelling skill improves then it will be looking good hope my advice helps

also don't listen to them people saying thing's such as " you cant do it " just think about the fact that most people who say that cant even make a bus themselves

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Not accurate? Huh. I've modelled these two buses and some more only based on paperbus images and real life photographs...
But I can imagine that when the buses are really curved it could get difficult only having paperbus pictures...

Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 17.23.48.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 17.23.50.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 17.24.07.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 17.24.14.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 17.25.08.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 17.25.12.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-01 at 17.25.18.png

BTW: What do you think of my bus models? (they're not yet finished, e.g. the staircase on the Olympus is missing)

Costar1198

Some guy from Croydon innit
Mar 30, 2016
I'm gonna be honest if you only have two months you won't get far at all. Look at my MCV for example, I know I'm a slow builder but I have been building it over a course of almost two years. It doesn't take two months to build a bus I'm afraid, heck you couldn't even get all the references in two months without getting lucky. But still I admire you for having a strong dream, and I hope you manage to make something come to fruition.

Reactions: Danielc2525

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread