I think the Citybus 300 shouldn't be called that. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2016
Need to finish off the tops of the poles and do something with the bottom of the seats but apart from that progress has been made today on the Citybus 300. (Please remember this is WIP however we (me and @WelshWizard) are open to suggestions and improvements!)

photos and stuff

With respect to the work you are doing, it seems absolutely pointless for you to call it "Citybus". Nothing stops you from calling it by it's real name. It is almost like it has become a trend to call buses "Citybus" and to remove their real branding. When selling products, obviously certain laws are put in place when it comes to using logos and design features made by a certain company. You aren't selling it (at least I assume you are not) so why bother creating confusion by calling it something it isn't.

Reactions: Lukeo
D

DVA_MEKA18

With respect to the work you are doing, it seems absolutely pointless for you to call it "Citybus". Nothing stops you from calling it by it's real name. It is almost like it has become a trend to call buses "Citybus" and to remove their real branding. When selling products, obviously certain laws are put in place when it comes to using logos and design features made by a certain company. You aren't selling it (at least I assume you are not) so why bother creating confusion by calling it something it isn't.
"Maek bus Urself"
If it really bothers you that much?

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her

With all due respect to your ever so slightly passive aggressive attitude, it's called the Citybus 300 for a good reason. That reason being is that it reuses parts from the Citybus 400. It's also so vegetables do not get up themselves about every little bloody detail not being correct.

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
Whoa FFS. It's not completely pointless of making a quality bus. If you disagree with the hole branding issue, and it being called Citybus, then make the bleeding thing yourself. It's a new detailed bus and your fecking moaning about it. People wonder why this community is collapsing, this is because people like you are causing the developer to loose their motivation to complete the project. It's a quality bus and you should be greatful.

Mystic Greg

Add-on London Team
May 22, 2016
The main reason being we got the front from the C400 sent to us, and the dash too. All we are doing is pretty much glueing together a single decker from the C400R, as a little side project. Yes it's not part of London, but it's got Rhys's new seats, a C400R front, and the wrong dash.

Hey @SatoshiAaron
I totally see where you are coming from about the fact that it is not pay ware and it can be called Enviro 300 however me and @WelshWizard decided to call it the Citybus 300 because it uses some parts of the Citybus 400, front, dash ect and if we call it the Enviro 300 then we would have to make it exactly the way they are made in real life meaning that the VEG (people who are really pick about bus models, as stated by @Joe Alker ) would complain where as if we call it the Citybus 300 then we are able to make bits that are not exactly like they are in real life. We have not decided to follow the "Citybus trend" however we have named it what it is, it is a bus that operates in the city! As @DVA_MEKA18 stated above, if you wish to brand the bus yourself, all you need to do is change the name that will be in the bus file when you download it however, I would like to remind you that this is a freeware product meaning that, like many other developers, we take our time out to develop things meaning that in the end you don't have to actually download the bus/product, no-one is going to make you! :)

If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me or @WelshWizard :)
Danielc2525

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread