Maps Humber Buses (New Seaside Fictional Map) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to my new map. More details to come but this is a fictional map based on the coast of England and uses ideas from areas of the UK within it. The company operating on it are called Humber buses. They have just taken over from Stagecoach that have neglected this part of their operation for years. When Humber Buses acquired it they were given very old vehicles to run the company. These and a host of other newly transferred and refurbished vehicles are set to operate on the map. Many area still have old Stagecoach names such as the depot with buses still supporting their previous owners colours with new fleet-names added. 

I am currently only being working on this map for a few days but have already managed to finish my first route. This has full pathing with about 60-70% of all scenery complete. This is numbered 100 and runs between the Market Place Bus Station and the South Bay Park & Ride via the south bay seafront. This when finished will be released as a beta to see what your initial thoughts are of the map and areas i can improve. At the moment here are some screens to keep you all busy and there are also some on the main screenshot page. Any questions/suggestions are being taken below and i also need a proper name so please suggest one if you have any ideas!View attachment 393View attachment 392View attachment 391View attachment 390View attachment 389View attachment 387View attachment 396View attachment 395View attachment 394

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, it doesn't look terrible. A few focus points:

- don't use any parked cars that look high poly, would be uncommon/rare like a DB4, or don't have a fake shadow

- I see a large usage of Freemans objects, have you considered using btv's objects or developing your own?

- where are the road markings

- where are the streetlights

- doing a route in a week raises alarm bells about quality

Reactions: henryhoward14

Florence3099

Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Right, I'm going to pick out some things in more detail that need fixing:

/monthly_2016_04/20160410211205_1.thumb.jpg.e2a00f200bfd5e066bc9e34dd2516fd9.jpg

The hedges clip through the pavement, and depot access requires driving over the pavement right next to a bus stop with passengers waiting, which is extremely dangerous. Using Borkumer Str road is questionable for that road, as the houses indicate a high end area. Also no street lighting. Also DB5 parked cars - no.

/monthly_2016_04/20160410211148_1.thumb.jpg.4f666d1a134010be8fb77b818d23ee26.jpg

Not too bad, but parked vehicles are questionable - AI will certainly clip through. And why a European Ikarus static bus on a kerb on a left path map?

/monthly_2016_04/20160410211125_1.thumb.jpg.0a5b6eddf111d2f47dabc4883bd9d163.jpg

Borkumer junction is questionable when all connecting roads are asphalt, also that pavement looks out of place. If you use the "low" pavement and then use the corner pieces to round it off it will look better and inrease FPS. Additionally this appears to be a one way road so appropiate road signage is a must. Some of the buildings look poor quality especially that cafe, and placement again is slightly questionable. And again, no streetlighting.

/monthly_2016_04/20160410211049_1.thumb.jpg.139887c3dce6446ff1f174b24cd4380a.jpg

Not too bad, but you may want to consider removing that lorry and static person, they are clearly ETS2 converts and quite frankly are going to be quite high poly and also lack a fake shadow (unless it's too low into the ground in which case it needs raising). I'd remove the person completely and replace the lorry with the static MAN F90 from Berlin X10. It looks out of place anyway. And again - a distinct lack of streetlighting.

/monthly_2016_04/20160410132515_1.thumb.jpg.7bd94adaafcdfe8b0cf27fb501c8fb2e.jpg

Ehh, those bus stands are slightly questionable, and never ever show the back of a freemans building. Additionally the parked AI is clipping into the ground, needs raising to 0.1m Also that curved spline on the war memorial is wholly unnecessary and will consist of around 4000 polygons. Use 4 90 degree 3m radius curved curb ending objects, like the ones with Cotterell or BoTW preview.

/monthly_2016_04/20160410132953_1.thumb.jpg.c6b8e9074c2757265a9d7f98532c9c9e.jpg

That taxi placement is awful, and so is the tree placement. A tree would never be seen that low on the road, and certainly wouldn't go through a parked car. Also the object lacks a fake shadow, so don't use it. I don't know why the bus is at that angle, but if you've had to drive round a parked car, don't have it there as you've likely got it so the AI will clip through it.

Also don't forget road markings, and road signs overall.

I may seem to be nitpicking but I'm trying to encourage you to make it as good as possible.

Advertisement

and More Central

Veteran YouTuber
Apr 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
Thanks for all of your replies. Just to note to Joe i am currently editing the map with all improvements taken. The map depicts this bus depot operation straight after the Stagecoach business has being taken over by Independent Humber Buses. I will post fully soon. I have already moved the taxi and will hopefully post updates soon.

and More Central

Veteran YouTuber
Apr 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
So Now UPDATE 11.4.16. So i have taken on board a lot of advice given and started editing again with those thoughts in my mind. First of all i now have AI route 100 all set up. It has the Fleetline all set up driving it. The route takes around 7 minutes with a full round trip of 15 minutes. This is going to be the only route available in the beta and runs between the Town Centre and the South Bay Park & Ride via the South Bay Seafront. The route also includes depot runs. So first of all i have moved the taxis and the trees so that it looks more realistic. I have also changed the Parklist to normal vehicle. The buildings have also changed slightly with road markings and streetlights beginning to be introduced. Just to clarify i am keeping the parked cars going on the road as they provide obstacles for the driver to challenge. Also got roll-blinds to work that im going to re-edit at some point as well as transferring them to other vehicles such as the AA42 Dart. 

A thank you to VGxT4CT1CZz to making some static buses and well as some static coaches to replace the LHD one that was present previous. 

View attachment 415View attachment 416View attachment 417View attachment 418View attachment 419View attachment 420View attachment 421View attachment 422View attachment 423View attachment 424

Florence3099

Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Looking good just I don't want to be one of those people who ask for released dates but when abouts will the beta be released?

If you don't want to be one of those people who asks for release dates follow these simple steps:

1. Don't ask for release dates.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Sorry lol but what I mean't was how is the map progress going and is it looking good for release soon. ^_^

The map progress is going as well as you can see it going in the pictures above :) We don't have an absolute rule against asking about release dates here, but be advised that content makers rarely have any idea of when things will be done themselves, so they probably won't be able to help much :P

Advertisement

The map progress is going as well as you can see it going in the pictures above :) We don't have an absolute rule against asking about release dates here, but be advised that content makers rarely have any idea of when things will be done themselves, so they probably won't be able to help much :P

Sorry Whistlehead if I broke a rule and I am currently working on a map that is in VERY early stages that I have not come up with a name for and I wondered when I have done a bit more you would want to be one of my Beta Testers?  :P

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Sorry Whistlehead if I broke a rule and I am currently working on a map that is in VERY early stages that I have not come up with a name for and I wondered when I have done a bit more you would want to be one of my Beta Testers?  :P

Don't worry, just remember to be careful about that kind of thing.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to see some progress before I can agree to test for you - maybe when you've had a WIP thread for a while and you're nearly ready to release.

Don't worry, just remember to be careful about that kind of thing.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to see some progress before I can agree to test for you - maybe when you've had a WIP thread for a while and you're nearly ready to release.

Well it won't be for a while for sure but I am planning on putting in 7 or more routes in the completed product and if I feel like it even an Airport Guideway!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Florence3099

Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Well it won't be for a while for sure but I am planning on putting in 7 or more routes in the completed product and if I feel like it even an Airport Guideway!!

Is that the alarm bells I can hear ringing?

I'd keep it simple for starters, do a single route to help you learn the editor, nothing too complicated, and certainly nothing as complex as an Airport. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread