HS2 - do you think it should be built? (1 Viewer)

Should HS2 be built?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
The government seem to complain about the lack of housing, then they want to build a billion-pound railway, which in result will destroy a lot of housing across its route. Our current routes work fine, it only takes an hour and 30 minutes to reach Birmingham, which is not that bad. Edinburgh and Glasgow are both reachable within 5 hours, and if you are limited with time, use the plane. The route isn't going to help the environment. That money, as others have already previously said, should be used elsewhere, helping those affected by the pandemic, helping improve our existing transport network, and used to fund projects that will help the environment rather than further ruin it.
In general, a waste of time and money. Against it completely.

• Sad
Reactions: ELT2003
Jan 24, 2020
The government seem to complain about the lack of housing, then they want to build a billion-pound railway, which in result will destroy a lot of housing across its route. Our current routes work fine, it only takes an hour and 30 minutes to reach Birmingham, which is not that bad.

Once again, central government lacking a few key braincells

That 1h30m is provided that you use the more expansive faster Avanti service which runs on time and not delayed by a WMT/XC/Freight train

Edinburgh and Glasgow are both reachable within 5 hours, and if you are limited with time, use the plane. The route isn't going to help the environment.

In terms of the environment, please watch the videos linked below

That money, as others have already previously said, should be used elsewhere, helping those affected by the pandemic, helping improve our existing transport network, and used to fund projects that will help the environment rather than further ruin it.
In general, a waste of time and money. Against it completely.

The existing railway network cannot be upgraded without causing disruption to the routes affected and again please watch the videos linked below if your someone who is concerned about the environment and on the point of people affected by COVID, that again is the government lacking key braincells

Video links:

Advertisement

LazyGuy222

May 7, 2016
Leicester
Once again, central government lacking a few key braincells

That 1h30m is provided that you use the more expansive faster Avanti service which runs on time and not delayed by a WMT/XC/Freight train

In terms of the environment, please watch the videos linked below

The existing railway network cannot be upgraded without causing disruption to the routes affected and again please watch the videos linked below if your someone who is concerned about the environment and on the point of people affected by COVID, that again is the government lacking key braincells

Video links:

You keep posting links to them, great. Doesn't change the fact they are destroying a lot of our countryside for this.

Jan 24, 2020

LazyGuy222

May 7, 2016
Leicester
Could I suggest this article please?

Direct from the wildlife trust who is so quoted in your thread.
The fact remains this is my opinion. Your opinion is for it to go ahead, while I disagree with it, I respect it.
You don't need to put negative reactions on posts which do not share your opinion.

Jan 24, 2020

Direct from the wildlife trust who is so quoted in your thread.
The fact remains this is my opinion. Your opinion is for it to go ahead, while I disagree with it, I respect it.
You don't need to put negative reactions on posts which do not share your opinion.

The first tweet in this thread highlights some alternative facts but I do understand the concern about the environment. But, where was this type of energy when HS1 was been built?

Last edited:

North London Buses

Bus Enthusiast based in North London.
Nov 5, 2016
The first tweet in this thread highlights some alternative facts but I do understand the concern about the environment. But, where was this type of energy when HS1 was been built?

The thing is no one needs the railway its not in desperate need so They should just call it off for a while and: wait until the virus is under control again,wait until the economy is stable and wait until crossrail is completley finished and there arent any more delays for it to open. Thats when they could look at Building the railway again however I doubt they would continue.

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
The thing is no one needs the railway its not in desperate need so They should just call it off for a while and: wait until the virus is under control again,wait until the economy is stable and wait until crossrail is completley finished and there arent any more delays for it to open. Thats when they could look at Building the railway again however I doubt they would continue.
That's the thing! The government always give us what we don't want and at the same time lose millions and in some cases like this billions of tax payers money, and for what reason? Never mind about the money needed elsewhere, this country's in debt right up to it's eyeballs, the economy is shot since the pandemic turned up, the last thing they should be doing is spending £100+ billion on a 470 mile railway that destroys half the bloody forests we have left...talk about environmentally friendly!

Reactions: North London Buses

Advertisement

Jan 24, 2020
That's the thing! The government always give us what we don't want and at the same time lose millions and in some cases like this billions of tax payers money, and for what reason? Never mind about the money needed elsewhere, this country's in debt right up to it's eyeballs, the economy is shot since the pandemic turned up, the last thing they should be doing is spending £100+ billion on a 470 mile railway that destroys half the bloody forests we have left...talk about environmentally friendly!

I do not call the WCML and ECML high speed lines anymore. Also do you notice how overcrowded the commuter trains are? HS2 will help to ease that by freeing up paths on those routes and with the free paths more commuter and regional trains can be put on as well as more freight trains

See quotes

Jan 24, 2020
Can I just ask, why is it everytime someone says they don’t like it/want it, you keep giving links to try and change their opinion? Bearing in mind you asked for opinions.

Not angry or trying to cause an argument but it doesn’t make much sense.

Because, even though they may not like an idea. People have to still be educated about the idea, even if they will never change their mind about it

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
Because, even though they may not like an idea. People have to still be educated about the idea, even if they will never change their mind about it
But I think if people are commenting here adding their opinion, they surely know all that anyway, no? There's reasons why people like and dislike it no matter what the implementation of it is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread