how to repaint properly

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

Rhys stirling

a B10' lad
May 4, 2016
i know how to use the magic wand feature on paint.net but my repaints are not coming out right.
can anyone help pls

thx rhys

[EN] MilPop14

Feb 3, 2016
i know how to use the magic wand feature on paint.net but my repaints are not coming out right.
can anyone help pls

thx rhys
You need to be alot more descriptive then that... explain what your trying to do or what is wrong with it rather then just asking for help with next to no information.

N531 DWM

I like Darts.
Oct 25, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
I personally find the Magic wand an awful way to repaint because it will always miss pixels and over select areas you do not want on Paint.NET anyway, i find it easier to lay your repaints out that is what i do something like a work order were you do it in stages that is what i do anyway.

[EN] MilPop14

Feb 3, 2016
I personally find the Magic wand an awful way to repaint because it will always miss pixels and over select areas you do not want on Paint.NET anyway, i find it easier to lay your repaints out that is what i do something like a work order were you do it in stages that is what i do anyway.
The magic wand can be good for some parts however yes it does miss some parts and can be a bit annoying at times so sometimes it isn't the best thing to use.

N531 DWM

I like Darts.
Oct 25, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
The magic wand can be good for some parts however yes it does miss some parts and can be a bit annoying at times so sometimes it isn't the best thing to use.
I completely refrain from using it, same as the bucket to that usually just covers the whole template too half the time, i just use the select area and then draw where i want my colour etc..

Also another thing to being good at repaints is to always add a second layer to simply keep the vehicles detail and then multiply it some repaints come with that anyway the C400 for example which is by far my favourite repaint template and by far the best too and RPCs are the same also but can add a extra layer for a more baked affect.

[EN] MilPop14

Feb 3, 2016
I completely refrain from using it, same as the bucket to that usually just covers the whole template too half the time, i just use the select area and then draw where i want my colour etc..

Also another thing to being good at repaints is to always add a second layer to simply keep the vehicles detail and then multiply it some repaints come with that anyway the C400 for example which is by far my favourite repaint template and by far the best too and RPCs are the same also but can add a extra layer for a more baked affect.
Yep, I found out the multiply affect not too long ago. Once I did find out about it I was pretty annoyed I hadn't found it earlier as it's a lot easier.

[EN] MilPop14

Feb 3, 2016
i dont personaly get what you mean by the multiply affect
Go to layers, add a layer on top of the default one and go to be new layers settings and select Multiply in the drop down then do your repaint on that layer. What you do on the new layer won't overwrite anything on the default layer and will only affect the white/mid shades and the black will remain. It's probably easier to try for yourself then me try and explain. I think you will get it once you've made the new layer and started to paint some of it.