Tutorial How to make HOF Files! (1 Viewer)

Hello! So below is a post a replied to somebody on how to make a HOF file but I thought I should tell you guys too! Hope I help!

This depends on how the bus' displays are made. Via text is the most probable way to do it but some buses take textures as displays instead. Presuming that it is via text we need to open up HOF Suite https://strefa-omsi.pl/Watek-OMSI-1-2-HOF-Suite--21123

Upon doing so click the "Import Map" button.
View attachment 34487

Then a dialog with all of your maps will show up. Click the according one and then click the Continue button.
View attachment 34495
Next, a dialog like this will show up. Click all and Continue
View attachment 34496

When done, this dialog will show up. Click Next until the Next turns into Finish and the page is blank, then click the bottom Finish button.
View attachment 34502

Now, you should have your map imported into HOF Suite. Now, click on the destinations tap on the side like so.
View attachment 34497

Click on the destination you want to make a blind for. Then you will see a dialog. Now, here's when you decided what blind this bus is for. If you know it's via text then don't worry. If you know it's texture wise then create a texture for it matching what all of the others look like in [OMSI 2 Directory]/Vehicles/Anzeign/[Your Bus Destination Folder] If you don't know then you will presume it is via text. You must click on the box next to ANNAX (1) and type what you want on the first row of the destination. Then click the box next to ANNAX (2) and type what you want on the second row. If the destination blinds are made via texture then click on the folder next to the box by RLB Texture then find your bus destination folder and find the blind texture.

View attachment 34498

When finished, click the export button.
View attachment 34499

A dialog like this will show up.
View attachment 34500
Check the box of your bus folder. Then type in the name of the file that you want to save it as in the Name box. Then click Export.

Open up OMSI, the map and spawn in the vehicle. Check out your new destinations!

Thanks for reading guys! Hope I helped :)

Reactions: MatthewHarrison49

Advertisement

WafflezPlayz

A boring idiot from Wales...
Nov 5, 2017
South Wales, United Kingdom
Hi!,
What do you do if you want your destinations to flip eg 22 Evington via ..... via ..... via .....?
Help is appreciated!
Cheers,
Dan.

Do you know if your vehicle uses textured displays? (A picture with the display on it) A way to test this is by going in-game and seeing if you can change the line number to whatever you want.

Zeliux

Something Questionable
Mar 24, 2016
Leicester
Do you know if your vehicle uses textured displays? (A picture with the display on it) A way to test this is by going in-game and seeing if you can change the line number to whatever you want.

Yes, it's using normal displays (for the ALX400 RegionlL). I want the displays to be like Scunthorpe, i've got as far as putting the first ANNEX and the second one, but I want it to flip between via .... and via ....

WafflezPlayz

A boring idiot from Wales...
Nov 5, 2017
South Wales, United Kingdom
Yes, it's using normal displays (for the ALX400 RegionlL). I want the displays to be like Scunthorpe, i've got as far as putting the first ANNEX and the second one, but I want it to flip between via .... and via ....

I'm not entirely too sure. If you know of a HOF file somewhere that does this for a different map or vehicle. Open it up in HOF suite and you should find where it flips. Either that or you can only do it to textured ones because you can number them. Sorry I couldn't help you.

btv

Jan 15, 2016
Cardiff
If you want the displays to scroll between different pages simply place a 1 at the start of the Ziel code for the second page, 2 for the third page etc. like so:
hof.PNG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread