How to do things with the AI List (for Cotterell specifically)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukeyboi

Veteran Member
Apr 5, 2016
Basically I'd like to:

Change buses operating on the X18 to single decker Eclipses

and change the texture on the vans to the British liveries I downloaded for them, but I don't want any German liveried vans.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Without editing the timetables, you'd have to change both the U18 and X18 to run using B7Ls. To do that you will need to find

Code:
[aigroup_depot]
First Bath Uni
Cotterell
in the AI list and remove the second and third [aigroup_depot_typgroup_2] entries. Then you need to edit the first to instead point to the B7L bus file and enter a series of the B7L's numbers followed by the repaint you want them in (preserving the whitespace gap).

Lukeyboi

Veteran Member
Apr 5, 2016
Without editing the timetables, you'd have to change both the U18 and X18 to run using B7Ls. To do that you will need to find

Code:
[aigroup_depot]
First Bath Uni
Cotterell
in the AI list and remove the second and third [aigroup_depot_typgroup_2] entries. Then you need to edit the first to instead point to the B7L bus file and enter a series of the B7L's numbers followed by the repaint you want them in (preserving the whitespace gap).
Ok then. Thanks for that help, but I'm now thinking the Timetable editing may work better for this. How is that done?

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
You'd have to create new line and recreate the Mon-Fri 03 and 04 workings in them, assign them to a new [aigroup_depot] with only B7Ls in. You'll get a few early morning U18s run by B7Ls but I doubt that matters. If it does, or the fact that I've got U18 buses running X18 trips up and down before they go home for the evening, you'll have to edit deeper.

You may find the quick explanation of Omsi 2 ai-lists I wrote when the game first came out useful to you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cj23e7e8z0bs2d8/OMSI2_ailists_exp.txt?dl=0

Reactions: Lukeyboi

ross_4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
You don't need to do that at all (I don't think). Each tour, not line, is defined as a different AI group, IIRC, so say you have a running board that hits when the schools come out, you can allocate, for instance Route 18_Double and then the other running board Route 18_Single if that makes sense?

Lukeyboi

Veteran Member
Apr 5, 2016
You don't need to do that at all (I don't think). Each tour, not line, is defined as a different AI group, IIRC, so say you have a running board that hits when the schools come out, you can allocate, for instance Route 18_Double and then the other running board Route 18_Single if that makes sense?
Yeah but i wouldn't know how to implement that.

ross_4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
No bother road-hog, we all make stupid mistakes like that :P

Status
Not open for further replies.