How do you change the seat texture of a bus? (1 Viewer)

Solution
NOTE1: The E400MMC has it so you can't change the texture of the lower seat cover on the 'disabled' seats - not backrest - but I'm currently looking into that and might update that file by the end of today.

The disabled seat has a different texture to the rest of the seats, which needs the correct texture references. Use this in the model file:
CL79Uj1.png

(Where 3801_chair4.tga is the disabled seat texture. fabrschema_tex26 should be the seatback texture and reference the appropriate texture, 3801_chair2.tga.)
and reference fabrschema_tex25 to the normal seat texture in the CTI, such as:
oA3tu2b.png

(Names modified for personal use...

JONESS

CSTC's Ashok Titans make me uncomfortable
Dec 22, 2017
Bournemouth
joshwojones.wixsite.com
It all really depends on the bus,
Most commonly, you'll have templates for all the different textures of the bus; with most buses, you should be able to go to the texture folder of a vehicle and there should be a template folder, if not, it will be in the repaints folder in the texture folder. Then all you need to do is either use paint.net or photoshop - which I prefer - and set it so there is the template as a layer set as multiply and another layer beneath set as normal. Now all you need to do is add your wanted textures to that.
Once you've done that, you'll want to save it preferably as a PNG in the texture folder of the wanted vehicle (unless it's the C400, then either go in Livery_R or Livery_R_Express). Now go to the CTI file of the repaint you want to change the texture of, scroll down till you find a section titled '

[item]
Name of repaint
Seats
Name of Seat Texture File

'and change the name of the current PNG to whatever you've named the seat texture you made earlier.
Now note, if there is a file name before that, eg. 'Yellow Bus/-2017/seats.png' then just remove that block of text. And if the CTI you want to add the texture to doesn't have whats in red, just copy it in underneath the one listed '

[item]
Name of repaint
Exterior
Name of Reskin File

'and that should do it for some.

Now others like the E400MMC which I'll demonstrate with just have textures and no templates which you can't often change in repaints. So first, use this link HERE and copy whats in the text folder to 'Vehicles\ADL_E400MMC_NWFB_3800\Model\model_3800', and place it under the 'Texture Changes' section, so all the numbers of the changes are sequential. I'm not sure if you need to do this with others as I haven't been repainting busses for that long, but just keep your eye out. Now, for the E400MMC, go into the texture folder and open '3801_chair1' with paint.net, and simply add another texture over that. Save it under a different name in the 'Advert' folder, and open the CTI you want to change. Now add this with the repaint name and the name of the texture you made.

[item]
Repaint Name
farbschema_tex25
Texture Name

And that should do it.

NOTE1: The E400MMC has it so you can't change the texture of the lower seat cover on the 'disabled' seats - not backrest - but I'm currently looking into that and might update that file by the end of today.

NOTE2: The Eclipse 1.5 uses the same method but it doesn't have an 'Advert' folder - DON'T make one, just put it in the Repaints folder with the others, also, for the Eclipse, the one you'll want to edit for the seats is'

[item]
Name of repaint
farbschema_tex6

'
NOTE3: I'm also not sure if you can change any interior textures on the Olympian as I haven't seen it done before, and don't expect you'll be able to change it on every bus, but everything on fellowsfilm (except the Olympian) can have interior textures changed.

NOTE4: If you are changing the seat texture of a repaint you have got off of fellowsfilm, or pretty much all repaints you haven't created, you CAN'T upload them here or most other places due to copyright - which you probably know already.

Sorry this is long for what it is but I hope this at least helps.

And if you don't fully get that, then watch THIS about the ALX400 by Citaro from around 6:59

Reactions: Omsibusss

Advertisement

It all really depends on the bus,
Most commonly, you'll have templates for all the different textures of the bus; with most buses, you should be able to go to the texture folder of a vehicle and there should be a template folder, if not, it will be in the repaints folder in the texture folder. Then all you need to do is either use paint.net or photoshop - which I prefer - and set it so there is the template as a layer set as multiply and another layer beneath set as normal. Now all you need to do is add your wanted textures to that.
Once you've done that, you'll want to save it preferably as a PNG in the texture folder of the wanted vehicle (unless it's the C400, then either go in Livery_R or Livery_R_Express). Now go to the CTI file of the repaint you want to change the texture of, scroll down till you find a section titled '

[item]
Name of repaint
Seats
Name of Seat Texture File

'and change the name of the current PNG to whatever you've named the seat texture you made earlier.
Now note, if there is a file name before that, eg. 'Yellow Bus/-2017/seats.png' then just remove that block of text. And if the CTI you want to add the texture to doesn't have whats in red, just copy it in underneath the one listed '

[item]
Name of repaint
Exterior
Name of Reskin File

'and that should do it for some.

Now others like the E400MMC which I'll demonstrate with just have textures and no templates which you can't often change in repaints. So first, use this link HERE and copy whats in the text folder to 'Vehicles\ADL_E400MMC_NWFB_3800\Model\model_3800', and place it under the 'Texture Changes' section, so all the numbers of the changes are sequential. I'm not sure if you need to do this with others as I haven't been repainting busses for that long, but just keep your eye out. Now, for the E400MMC, go into the texture folder and open '3801_chair1' with paint.net, and simply add another texture over that. Save it under a different name in the 'Advert' folder, and open the CTI you want to change. Now add this with the repaint name and the name of the texture you made.

[item]
Repaint Name
farbschema_tex25
Texture Name

And that should do it.

NOTE2: The Eclipse 1.5 uses the same method but it doesn't have an 'Advert' folder - DON'T make one, just put it in the Repaints folder with the others, also, for the Eclipse, the one you'll want to edit for the seats is'

[item]
Name of repaint
farbschema_tex6

'
NOTE3: I'm also not sure if you can change any interior textures on the Olympian as I haven't seen it done before, and don't expect you'll be able to change it on every bus, but everything on fellowsfilm (except the Olympian) can have interior textures changed.

NOTE4: If you are changing the seat texture of a repaint you have got off of fellowsfilm, or pretty much all repaints you haven't created, you CAN'T upload them here or most other places due to copyright - which you probably know already.

Sorry this is long for what it is but I hope this at least helps.

And if you don't fully get that, then watch THIS about the ALX400 by Citaro from around 6:59
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!You're so nice :D

Jem

heartfelt♥️reveluv
Masterswitch Studios
Feb 18, 2018
London, United Kingdom

The disabled seat has a different texture to the rest of the seats, which needs the correct texture references. Use this in the model file:
CL79Uj1.png

(Where 3801_chair4.tga is the disabled seat texture. fabrschema_tex26 should be the seatback texture and reference the appropriate texture, 3801_chair2.tga.)
and reference fabrschema_tex25 to the normal seat texture in the CTI, such as:
oA3tu2b.png

(Names modified for personal use, and for easier referencing in this context. No, i'm not releasing this repaint.)

Reactions: Omsibusss
Solution
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread