How do I make Roundabouts in the Omsi 2 Editor? (1 Viewer)

Solution
In the editor you can mark individual paths as high or low priority. Traffic won't enter a low priority path if there is traffic on or approaching a high priority path. It is therefore necessary to ensure the pathing between the giveway line and the point of intersection is a single path segment, otherwise traffic will give way more than once.

I haven't properly tested how no priority interacts with high/low priority.

The same also applies for traffic lights - traffic won't enter a path segment if it is red or amber -> red.

Oh, and if you make your junctions as objects you can see them in the crossing editor, but you can't if they're made of the splines in the editor, which makes pathing harder. iomex's way to get around this is to...

WafflezPlayz

A boring idiot from Wales...
Nov 5, 2017
South Wales, United Kingdom
In OMSI, there are a few ways to work around this. You could either look through iomex's roads (if you're using them) and find a roundabout that suits you (they come in like quarters or something) and build up your roundabout. However, you can also get the texture that the road is using, paint a section of the terrain with it, lower all roads to meet ground level without it submerging into the floor (so there aren't any unexpected bumps and rattles when driving) and use iomex's invis_street.sli spline to match up with the car tracks so AI cars can go along it and you can create your route with it.
Hope I helped, if you need any info an anything I said, just reply or look it up.

Advertisement

WafflezPlayz

Nov 5, 2017
1582197095951.png

Very much WIP but this uses terrain paint and when the roads merge, they are actual road splines that aren't paved.

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
In OMSI, there are a few ways to work around this. You could either look through iomex's roads (if you're using them) and find a roundabout that suits you (they come in like quarters or something) and build up your roundabout. However, you can also get the texture that the road is using, paint a section of the terrain with it, lower all roads to meet ground level without it submerging into the floor (so there aren't any unexpected bumps and rattles when driving) and use iomex's invis_street.sli spline to match up with the car tracks so AI cars can go along it and you can create your route with it.
Hope I helped, if you need any info an anything I said, just reply or look it up.
You would still need to path it up in the custom junction editor

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
You would still need to path it up in the custom junction editor
You don't have to. But if you don't it will mean the cars will drive through each other on the roundabout as if there's no other roads there.

But yeah, still a good idea to use junction editor.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Yeah, it’s a good idea. Only a few suggestions I gave anyway, I’m still yet to learn how to use junc editors. Is it simple?

Using the junction editor is the only way to make traffic which gives way to other traffic. Vehicles on invisible splines will just ignore each other. The junction editor is pretty easy to use, you lay out traffic paths in exact the same way as you lay out splines in the editor, though it does have a few quirks (as with all things OMSI).

All you need to get started with the junction editor (assuming you have the SDK already installed and working) is an appropriate sceneryobject - most people use a sceneryobject with a simple cube mesh to make it easy to select in the editor. Then you simply add paths to that sceneryobject in the junction editor. You can also add reference splines (which won't show up in-game) to help you line up your paths in the junction editor with whatever you want to connect it to in-game.

WafflezPlayz

Nov 5, 2017
Using the junction editor is the only way to make traffic which gives way to other traffic. Vehicles on invisible splines will just ignore each other. The junction editor is pretty easy to use, you lay out traffic paths in exact the same way as you lay out splines in the editor, though it does have a few quirks (as with all things OMSI).

All you need to get started with the junction editor (assuming you have the SDK already installed and working) is an appropriate sceneryobject - most people use a sceneryobject with a simple cube mesh to make it easy to select in the editor. Then you simply add paths to that sceneryobject in the junction editor. You can also add reference splines (which won't show up in-game) to help you line up your paths in the junction editor with whatever you want to connect it to in-game.

Hey, all is going good in the crossing editor. Quick question, how do you make it so that vehicles will give way to you in the program? Is there like a way to define a give-way line on the end of a path?

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
In the editor you can mark individual paths as high or low priority. Traffic won't enter a low priority path if there is traffic on or approaching a high priority path. It is therefore necessary to ensure the pathing between the giveway line and the point of intersection is a single path segment, otherwise traffic will give way more than once.

I haven't properly tested how no priority interacts with high/low priority.

The same also applies for traffic lights - traffic won't enter a path segment if it is red or amber -> red.

Oh, and if you make your junctions as objects you can see them in the crossing editor, but you can't if they're made of the splines in the editor, which makes pathing harder. iomex's way to get around this is to path them with invis splines in the editor, then recreate that same pathing in the crossing editor. You can then remove the invis splines and replace them with your (hopefully identical) invisible junction.

Last edited:
Solution
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread