How did you start playing truck sims? (1 Viewer)

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
This is another of those threads where the purpose is pretty clear from the title, How did you start playing truck sims?

I actually started playing by accident really, I was looking for random driving sims, came across one of the earlier SCS games, Bus Driver, completed that and then went looking for other games by SCS, found the original ETS and been hooked ever since! :P

Advertisement

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
I was in a random Skype call in 2008 with someone from Runescape and we were randomly trying out game demo's. One of them happened to be Euro Truck Simulator.

Left it for a few years and out of chance remembered it again, found out Euro Truck Simulator 2 was due to be released soon, and here I am :)

Hmm this is kinda a tough one for me. I've always been a fan of driving games so I guess I searched around for something new and came across the masterpiece that is ETS2. At first I had an illegal copy since that is the way it is where I live, but I grabbed it on the Summer Sale this year to play multiplayer. I'll probably do the same for ATS and buy it whenever I can.

Menacing Scarab

The Cultured Redneck
Jul 30, 2014
The first trucking game I played was Hard Truck 2 a long, long time ago. That one wasn't even made by SCS to my knowledge. I was still a kid at that time and had to talk my mom into buying it for me. It was terrible. Just a buggy nightmare. I remember one bug where the road would graphics would not load in and if you couldn't stop in time you would drive off the road into the grey abyss. That one did finally get patched out though. Then I went on to Hard Truck: 18WoS. Then the actual 18WoS games.

I took quite a break for a while from truck sims because 18WoS American Long Haul was getting old and had a lot bugs still and because I didn't have a retail box version of it I could not patch the bug out. I tried the demo of the first ETS, but refused to buy the game because when I went to a dealership all the trucks looked the same to me at the time. It also still had the annoying problem with steering wheels where after a turn or a sharp curve you would return the wheel to center and it would make the truck jump violently.

I finally got ETS2 after watching some Let's Play of it on Stockoglaws' channel on youtube. Seeing how far the game had come from what I remember of ETS1 I couldn't resist picking it up. Now with over 400 hours into ETS2 I can safely say it was a darn good purchase.

Reactions: Muzz

Advertisement

Jul 31, 2014
When I was a kid I wanted to become a truck driver (and still do, but it isn't my #1 choise anymore).
So I bought one of the 18 WoS games. I played that game so much on my crappy laptop that the arrow keys fell off. That could be because I played 18 WoS so much or that the keys broke because it was a pretty low-quality laptop! :P

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
I was always into driving games and for me trucks are always cool. I played 18 WoS: ALH for a long time until the laptop I played on committed HDD suicide and I lost the activation key. I went to Live For Speed but I wanted to truck, my uncle told me about ETS 1 and it looked cool and one day ETS2 was on sale for a few £ so I picked it up and loved it since. I think ATS will be my home though :)

That could be because I played 18 WoS so much or that the keys broke because it was a pretty low-quality laptop! :p

Pfft please. I used to game so much on my dad's old laptop it started overheating often and the monitor hinge broke so it couldn't be closed. Now it's lying in pieces somewhere at home, totally unusable. Good thing I now have a desktop PC all to myself :D

Simplez72

Range Logistics VTC - Owner
I started truck sims when my dad brought me a copy of the original ETS when I was ill, and from there i was hooked. Never played any other trucksim apart frpm ETS2 obviously. Not into the Big Yank Tanks, though do appreciate there beauty. so never wanted to play an american 18 wheeler thingy.
Just love my Scania's and happy enough churning the tarmac.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread