Maps Ilford and District (1 Viewer)

Ilford and District V1.0:

Ilford and District is a heavily W.I.P map being made by myself. It is a London map based on the Ilford area. It will feature many routes and other areas. The map is being made use aerial imagery, in order to make the map as realistic as i can possibly make it. To speed up the development process of the map, i will not be using DEM data, which means there will not be hills etc. This does not mean that the map will lack quality and realism. At the moment, the map is nowhere near being finished and it will take a lot of time and effort to get it to a stage of being finished. The majority of the buildings and scenery objects are being custom made (Besides specific things which will be requirements).

Planned Routes:

I am currently planning out which routes i would like to do. I have many in mind. These include:

However, more may be added in the future.

FAQ:

Q - Can I be a Beta Tester?
A - I am not going to be choosing people for Beta Testing as of just yet. I do have a few people in mind already though ;)

Q - How much is done so far?
A - Not much at this stage. Currently I am working on the Ilford Town centre and focusing more on the 396 and 296 routes.

Q - Do you need any help?
A - I'm good for now, however if anyone is good with blender and making objects etc, that would be great

Q - Which Operators will there be?
A - Go-ahead London, Stagecoach London, Arriva London and some others (Maybe)

Anymore questions then feel free to ask below (dont be silly!)

Donations:

For those who wish to support the project, we have a Patreon set up for donations. Phantom Productions is creating Omsi 2 Content | Patreon

Screenshots:

PP_31.JPG

PP_35.JPG

PP_33.JPG
PP_38.JPG
PP_37.JPG
PP_23.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017
Update - 16/10/2020:

For those of you who know Ley Street, I have spent the majority of the past few days in the OMSI editor and Blender trying to recreate it as realistic as I possibly can. There are a few noticeable differences and probably quite a few bugs, but all will be ironed out. Here are a few screenshots of my progress since the last posted update:

Screenshot_3.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_10.png
    Screenshot_10.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 80

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Update - 16/10/2020:

For those of you who know Ley Street, I have spent the majority of the past few days in the OMSI editor and Blender trying to recreate it as realistic as I possibly can. There are a few noticeable differences and probably quite a few bugs, but all will be ironed out. Here are a few screenshots of my progress since the last posted update:

View attachment 73120
Very nice! :D
Can't wait to actually drive on this.

Reactions: Phantom_Productions

Advertisement

Apr 15, 2020
Update - 16/10/2020:

View attachment 73120

Looks great! Great job. I'm not familiar with any part of London at all, but it looks awesome

Reactions: Phantom_Productions
Update - 16/10/2020:

View attachment 73120
I like it! I hope you add 86 in intial release future. This awesome mate

Jun 12, 2017
I like it! I hope you add 86 in intial release future. This awesome mate
I can't garuntee the 86 will become a driveable route at the moment. Its taken me a rather long time to do just the 396 so far. However, as I draw to a close with the 396, I would like to know out of the routes I listed, which one people would like me to work on next

Advertisement

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 04/11/2020:

Since the last posted update, I have now started working on the next route, the 296. I have continued on from the Barley Lane junction through to Marks Gate. This is one of the areas i am currently most happy with and im sure you will agree, it looks really really nice. On top of that, there has been a few building remade within the Ilford town centre and plenty more of them will be redone over time too.

On another note, I have now set up a Patreon for the people so that if they wish to donate, they can. This is not by any means me asking or forcing people to donate!

Phantom Productions is creating Omsi 2 Content | Patreon

Screenshots:

MG1.png

MG_WIP1.jpg

Remade Buildings:

RemadeBuilds.png

RemadeBuilds2.png

Advertisement

Jun 12, 2017
Continues to look like awesome content. Very happy to support development of the map I have been looking forward to the most ! JonOfWilts
Thank you very much. I appreciate the support! There will be plenty more dev screenshots in a few days time hopefully as i am going to be working hard in order to get the area of Marks Gate done so i can move on towards Romford

Jun 12, 2017
Looking fantastic. You definitely have my support this project has come so far!
quick question- will you be looking to release the initial version of the map now 396 is done or are you adding more routes before ?
There is still a fair bit of work to be done around the 396, however, once it is ready, I do plan on releasing it and then updating it as each route is completed. In the initial release, there will only be AI buses on the 396. The other routes will implemented over time.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread