Maps Ilford and District (1 Viewer)

Ilford and District V1.0:

Ilford and District is a heavily W.I.P map being made by myself. It is a London map based on the Ilford area. It will feature many routes and other areas. The map is being made use aerial imagery, in order to make the map as realistic as i can possibly make it. To speed up the development process of the map, i will not be using DEM data, which means there will not be hills etc. This does not mean that the map will lack quality and realism. At the moment, the map is nowhere near being finished and it will take a lot of time and effort to get it to a stage of being finished. The majority of the buildings and scenery objects are being custom made (Besides specific things which will be requirements).

Planned Routes:

I am currently planning out which routes i would like to do. I have many in mind. These include:

However, more may be added in the future.

FAQ:

Q - Can I be a Beta Tester?
A - I am not going to be choosing people for Beta Testing as of just yet. I do have a few people in mind already though ;)

Q - How much is done so far?
A - Not much at this stage. Currently I am working on the Ilford Town centre and focusing more on the 396 and 296 routes.

Q - Do you need any help?
A - I'm good for now, however if anyone is good with blender and making objects etc, that would be great

Q - Which Operators will there be?
A - Go-ahead London, Stagecoach London, Arriva London and some others (Maybe)

Anymore questions then feel free to ask below (dont be silly!)

Donations:

For those who wish to support the project, we have a Patreon set up for donations. Phantom Productions is creating Omsi 2 Content | Patreon

Screenshots:

PP_31.JPG

PP_35.JPG

PP_33.JPG
PP_38.JPG
PP_37.JPG
PP_23.JPG

Last edited:

junaid1510

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/QB5bbH4gv9
Oct 20, 2016
Willesden, London
One thing I forgot to add is do you plan Routes EL1, EL2 and EL3 in the future? They'll be a fine addition to the map when London comes out with the Routemaster.

as stated above by phantom productions it depends on how people feel about the map before the other routes are implemented

The whole idea is that people will have a map to drive on and to get a taste of what's to come. Over time, if we notice that people aren't too happy with the map in the inital release then we will move on to the next project and make it much better but i have good feelings about this map!

Advertisement

Fantastic work as always, from speaking to you on discord you certainly have very high expectations and it’s clear you are meeting them. Looking forward to having ago (keeps me away from rural routes). Door is always open if you need any support with anything or any feedback.
Update - 04/07/2020:

After a little break from OMSI and Developing for OMSI, work has continued on the map. I have joined forces with a friend of mine to path the AI, so whilst he concentrates on pathing AI, i can continue with getting the rest of the map done, Scenery, routes etc. On top of that, I have now added Barking Bus Garage (run by Stagecoach London). This is a big W.I.P and eventually, i hope to have it so you can drive in and out of the depot. For now, the entry point is in an outside parking lot. Work is going to continue!

View attachment 68509View attachment 68510View attachment 68511

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 12/08/2020:

Progress is still on going, i have been taking a little bit of a break from OMSI for a little while but I am back again and working on the map a lot. Over the past few days, i have managed to connect the roads from each end (King George Hospital to Ilford, Roden Street). What this essentially means, is that the route is finally somewhat driveable, HOWEVER, there is still a LOT to be done in terms of scenery, AI pathing and removing unused tiles. The plan is to have the Route 396 be the only route in the initial release to see how well the map does. If this version does good, then we shall continue with the project and add more areas and routes over time!

Advertisement

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 21/09/2020:

AI Pathing has now been somewhat completed for the route 396. However, there are still a few spots that need fixing. This now means that pretty much, the main things left to complete is scenery and timetables (both drivable routes and AI buses)

This does not by any means mean that the map is near release. There is quite a lot of scenery still to be done and some things i'd like to change to make better etc

Also, the route 396 isn't the only route planned for the map. By no means do these screenshots resemble the final product of the map!

Screenshot_9.png
Screenshot_10.png

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Update - 21/09/2020:

AI Pathing has now been somewhat completed for the route 396. However, there are still a few spots that need fixing. This now means that pretty much, the main things left to complete is scenery and timetables (both drivable routes and AI buses)

This does not by any means mean that the map is near release. There is quite a lot of scenery still to be done and some things i'd like to change to make better etc

Also, the route 396 isn't the only route planned for the map. By no means do these screenshots resemble the final product of the map!

View attachment 72296View attachment 72297
Wow, that's great!
Love the dark and gloomy setting of these pictures too – the perfect weather to ride a bus in! :D
One question I do have, what's the framerate like on the map?

Jun 12, 2017
In terms of FPS, I can't exactly say what sort of FPS you'll be getting. Obviously, in the final release of the map, there are going to be many more tiles and many more routes which means a lot more AI, scenery etc. This could possibly Affect FPS. But currently, as it stands, on my machine I'm getting about 30-50fps and I'm not exactly running a beast of a machine.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Update - 21/09/2020:

View attachment 72296View attachment 72297
This is a project I'm very much looking forward too! Keep up the great work!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread