Maps Ilford and District (2 Viewers)

Ilford and District V1.0:

Ilford and District is a heavily W.I.P map being made by myself. It is a London map based on the Ilford area. It will feature many routes and other areas. The map is being made use aerial imagery, in order to make the map as realistic as i can possibly make it. To speed up the development process of the map, i will not be using DEM data, which means there will not be hills etc. This does not mean that the map will lack quality and realism. At the moment, the map is nowhere near being finished and it will take a lot of time and effort to get it to a stage of being finished. The majority of the buildings and scenery objects are being custom made (Besides specific things which will be requirements).

Planned Routes:

I am currently planning out which routes i would like to do. I have many in mind. These include:

However, more may be added in the future.

FAQ:

Q - Can I be a Beta Tester?
A - I am not going to be choosing people for Beta Testing as of just yet. I do have a few people in mind already though ;)

Q - How much is done so far?
A - Not much at this stage. Currently I am working on the Ilford Town centre and focusing more on the 396 and 296 routes.

Q - Do you need any help?
A - I'm good for now, however if anyone is good with blender and making objects etc, that would be great

Q - Which Operators will there be?
A - Go-ahead London, Stagecoach London, Arriva London and some others (Maybe)

Anymore questions then feel free to ask below (dont be silly!)

Donations:

For those who wish to support the project, we have a Patreon set up for donations. Phantom Productions is creating Omsi 2 Content | Patreon

Screenshots:

PP_31.JPG

PP_35.JPG

PP_33.JPG
PP_38.JPG
PP_37.JPG
PP_23.JPG

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2017
Update - 08/05/2020:

Been doing a little bit of work on Newbury Park Station today. Its slowly starting to come together. Some of the textures need reworking but that'll have to wait until i can get there to get decent pictures for it. There is also a lot of the area that still needs to be done but that'll be done soon. I've mainly focused on this part over the past day or two due to it being quite a major part of the map.

Screenshot_4.png

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
That looks spot on mate, I know the perfectionist in you wants it to look authentic and it will but that is a pat on the back, is this your first map in OMSI? If so must of taken you like me, a long time to learn the ways of the editor.

Jun 12, 2017
That looks spot on mate, I know the perfectionist in you wants it to look authentic and it will but that is a pat on the back, is this your first map in OMSI? If so must of taken you like me, a long time to learn the ways of the editor.
Yes this is my first map for OMSI. It took me quite a long time to get used to the editor and im still not 100% with it but im doing my best.

Advertisement

Jun 12, 2017
So, after a lot of thinking about and pulling my hair out over how i was going to do certain parts of the map, i have decided to go more fictional with the map. This does not mean that the end product will not resemble the Ilford area. It will still be based off the Ilford area but some of the things will be changed, including the road layout of the Roden Street terminus due to plans made by the council. More screenshots will be posted as i work through these changes!

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 04/07/2020:

After a little break from OMSI and Developing for OMSI, work has continued on the map. I have joined forces with a friend of mine to path the AI, so whilst he concentrates on pathing AI, i can continue with getting the rest of the map done, Scenery, routes etc. On top of that, I have now added Barking Bus Garage (run by Stagecoach London). This is a big W.I.P and eventually, i hope to have it so you can drive in and out of the depot. For now, the entry point is in an outside parking lot. Work is going to continue!

unknown (1).png
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_5.png

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 13/07/2020:

Over the past few days, i have been working especially hard on getting the Splines and Objects placed. This is the current state of it and it is likely to change. There has been quite a large amount time dedicated to it and plenty more to come!

Screenshot_13.png

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_11.png
Screenshot_10.png

I've also been narrowing down and rearranging the file structure in order to reduce the file size when downloading the map. This will mean there will be dependencies but in the long run, it'll be better this way. On top of that, Someone has been helping out a LOT with pathing the AI and the map is starting to piece together faster than initially expected. After a majority vote, the initial release will include ONLY the route 396 and the other routes will be added in updates over time!

Advertisement

Emmanuel Conteh

I’m building a map
May 11, 2019
Update - 13/07/2020:

Over the past few days, i have been working especially hard on getting the Splines and Objects placed. This is the current state of it and it is likely to change. There has been quite a large amount time dedicated to it and plenty more to come!

View attachment 68882
View attachment 68883
View attachment 68884View attachment 68885

I've also been narrowing down and rearranging the file structure in order to reduce the file size when downloading the map. This will mean there will be dependencies but in the long run, it'll be better this way. On top of that, Someone has been helping out a LOT with pathing the AI and the map is starting to piece together faster than initially expected. After a majority vote, the initial release will include ONLY the route 396 and the other routes will be added in updates over time!
Fantastic recreation of King George Hospital mate. Looking forward to more updates :)

Reactions: Phantom_Productions
Update - 13/07/2020:

View attachment 68882
View attachment 68883
View attachment 68884View attachment 68885

Looking stunning!! very excited for this map. Keep up the good work! Also think it’s a great idea to initially have just the 396 and slowly build it up so to get used to the map and to expect what’s to come! And of course means well get the map sooner rather than waiting for all routes

Reactions: Phantom_Productions
Jun 12, 2017
Looking stunning!! very excited for this map. Keep up the good work! Also think it’s a great idea to initially have just the 396 and slowly build it up so to get used to the map and to expect what’s to come! And of course means well get the map sooner rather than waiting for all routes
The whole idea is that people will have a map to drive on and to get a taste of what's to come. Over time, if we notice that people aren't too happy with the map in the inital release then we will move on to the next project and make it much better but i have good feelings about this map!

Jun 12, 2017
Fantastic recreation of King George Hospital mate. Looking forward to more updates :)
Thanks. I'm trying my best to the most noticeable areas as realistic as possible. King George Hospital was one of the main areas I wanted to focus on making the best that I could. It still requires ALOT of work but it'll be nice once it's done. There is still a lot more work to do in Ilford Town Centre but again, that'll be done over time

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread