Maps Ilford and District (2 Viewers)

Ilford and District V1.0:

Ilford and District is a heavily W.I.P map being made by myself. It is a London map based on the Ilford area. It will feature many routes and other areas. The map is being made use aerial imagery, in order to make the map as realistic as i can possibly make it. To speed up the development process of the map, i will not be using DEM data, which means there will not be hills etc. This does not mean that the map will lack quality and realism. At the moment, the map is nowhere near being finished and it will take a lot of time and effort to get it to a stage of being finished. The majority of the buildings and scenery objects are being custom made (Besides specific things which will be requirements).

Planned Routes:

I am currently planning out which routes i would like to do. I have many in mind. These include:

However, more may be added in the future.

FAQ:

Q - Can I be a Beta Tester?
A - I am not going to be choosing people for Beta Testing as of just yet. I do have a few people in mind already though ;)

Q - How much is done so far?
A - Not much at this stage. Currently I am working on the Ilford Town centre and focusing more on the 396 and 296 routes.

Q - Do you need any help?
A - I'm good for now, however if anyone is good with blender and making objects etc, that would be great

Q - Which Operators will there be?
A - Go-ahead London, Stagecoach London, Arriva London and some others (Maybe)

Anymore questions then feel free to ask below (dont be silly!)

Donations:

For those who wish to support the project, we have a Patreon set up for donations. Phantom Productions is creating Omsi 2 Content | Patreon

Screenshots:

PP_31.JPG

PP_35.JPG

PP_33.JPG
PP_38.JPG
PP_37.JPG
PP_23.JPG

Last edited:

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK

Ilford and District is a heavily W.I.P map being made by myself. It is a London map based on the Ilford area. It will feature many routes and other areas. The map is being made use aerial imagery, in order to make the map as realistic as i can possibly make it. To speed up the development process of the map, i will not be using DEM data, which means there will not be hills etc. This does not mean that the map will lack quality and realism. At the moment, the map is nowhere near being finished and it will take a lot of time and effort to get it to a stage of being finished. The majority of the buildings and scenery objects are being custom made (Besides specific things which will be requirements).

Planned Routes:

I am currently planning out which routes i would like to do. I have many in mind. These include:

FAQ:

A - I am not going to be choosing people for Beta Testing as of just yet. I do have a few people in mind already though ;)

A - Not much at this stage. Currently I am working on the Ilford Town centre and focusing more on the 396 and 296 routes.

A - I'm good for now, however if anyone is good with blender and making objects etc, that would be great

Screenshots:

View attachment 59647

View attachment 59648

View attachment 59650View attachment 59651View attachment 59652View attachment 59653

This looks awesome. Best of luck. :)

Reactions: Phantom_Productions

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018

Planned Routes:

FAQ:

Screenshots:

View attachment 59647

View attachment 59648

View attachment 59650View attachment 59651View attachment 59652View attachment 59653

Custom assets! Excellent. Should be a very unique map. Nice work!

Reactions: Phantom_Productions

Advertisement

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 04/04/2020:

Ok.. so its not exactly how i wanted this part to look. It could definitely be better. But just as an update on my progress with the map, i have spent a lot of my time lately attempting to make this damn Sainsbury's building. It doesnt look good by any means but due to the lack of help from people and my lack of knowledge, this will have to do for now.

Capture.JPG

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Update - 04/04/2020:

Ok.. so its not exactly how i wanted this part to look. It could definitely be better. But just as an update on my progress with the map, i have spent a lot of my time lately attempting to make this damn Sainsbury's building. It doesnt look good by any means but due to the lack of help from people and my lack of knowledge, this will have to do for now.

View attachment 60447

Whereabouts is this? As i’ll have a look myself. Whatever it is, it is mate. If the kids complain, spank them one time.

• Haha
Reactions: PTDriver0429

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
This is Ilford Sainsburys (Roden Street). I've figured out blender enough to make the model, its just texturing i need to figure out now lol

I made a tutorial covering modelling, texturing and importing a while back:

Note that you need to use Blender 2.79 for the time being, as 2.8 does not have a .X file exporter tool yet.

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 07/04/2020:

So i have recently been trying to work on the main areas for the 396 route. Below is a screenshot of the start of Gants Hill. This is one of the main areas throughout the map and with a bit of luck, i hope turn out how i would like it to. I am quite happy already with how it is looking but obviously, not everything is perfect and it will be improved/fixed etc in the coming days.

PP_45.JPG

Jun 12, 2017
Update - 10/04/2020:

With a lot of help, a lot of work and a lot of dedication, I have been able to get a lot more scenery added to the map over the past few days. This consist's of many houses and trees being added and a lot of awful looking custom buildings being made and added too. Hope you enjoy these lovely screenshots though!

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread