Maps Hettingthorpe (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Hettingthorpe. Hettingthorpe is a fictional city based in Lincolnshire,England. The city will see various bus services varying from average urban services to hourly rural services to other major towns. Below are some answers that may answer any general queries.

When will the map be released?
I'll be perfectly honest with you, I don't know. I'm looking at a summer release but I'll have to wait and see what college throws at me.

Who will operate the map and what routes will there be?
The principal operator of the map will be Stagecoach East Midlands, using their "Hettingthorpe Move" branding. I'm aiming for 6 driveable routes with some AI routes also included.

What buses am I intending to include?
C400 (Standard Stagecoach,Hettingthorpe Move, Lincolnshire Interconnect)
C300 (Standard Stagecoach,Hettingthorpe Move)

Will I give out BETA copies?
No.

Your map has 'Thorpe' in it.

Hettingthorpe has been a name I have used in various creations through games like Train Simulator, Cities Skylines etc. I'm not going to let a pathetic stereotype of poorly designed maps prevent me from using the name I intend to.

Now, onto the screenshots. I haven't got far with the map at the present moment but I have started on Lindum Road/Hill, which is where most services will travel via. I have also attached two screenshots of the Hettingthorpe Move branding on the C400, though this is subject to change.

Lindum Road.jpg
HTMove.jpg
HTMove1.jpg

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

@KieronTreacher for me at the moment it looks too 'spammy'. That long wall needs to be broken up, and more than one wall spline used. Otherwise it becomes a bit boring after the first 20 metres. Secondly, the houses on the right need varying up a bit. Its the same house and wall for as far as the eye can see.

On the other side of the road it improves a bit, although the grey front wall object needs to be used only once or twice. I have never seen a road in real life which uses the same front wall for every house. normally front walls are per house and different each time, but this can become time consuming in Omsi. Therefore in my personal opinion, two - three houses is the maximum before something becomes endless.
Seeing as they all have driveways, I suspect in real life there would also be drop-kerbs along that street. This would also enhance the look of your map.

For ease on the wall splines, Ross did upload some wall end prefabs for use with Iomex wall splines. This makes it much easier to have different walls along with gaps and breaks etc. Road-Hog's pavement prefabs also provide you with pre-made drop kerbs for flat surfaces. Seeing as this is on a hill they will not be of much use, but they are if the ground is flat or relatively flat.

It's one of the better starts to a map I have seen, so I hope you continue. On a point of the name, obviously it is your choice and we can do nothing about that, but please if your gonna call it 'thorpe', break that long line of maps which use objects endlessly :P I'm sure you will...

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
@KieronTreacher for me at the moment it looks too 'spammy'. That long wall needs to be broken up, and more than one wall spline used. Otherwise it becomes a bit boring after the first 20 metres. Secondly, the houses on the right need varying up a bit. Its the same house and wall for as far as the eye can see.

On the other side of the road it improves a bit, although the grey front wall object needs to be used only once or twice. I have never seen a road in real life which uses the same front wall for every house. normally front walls are per house and different each time, but this can become time consuming in Omsi. Therefore in my personal opinion, two - three houses is the maximum before something becomes endless.
Seeing as they all have driveways, I suspect in real life there would also be drop-kerbs along that street. This would also enhance the look of your map.

For ease on the wall splines, Ross did upload some wall end prefabs for use with Iomex wall splines. This makes it much easier to have different walls along with gaps and breaks etc. Road-Hog's pavement prefabs also provide you with pre-made drop kerbs for flat surfaces. Seeing as this is on a hill they will not be of much use, but they are if the ground is flat or relatively flat.

It's one of the better starts to a map I have seen, so I hope you continue. On a point of the name, obviously it is your choice and we can do nothing about that, but please if your gonna call it 'thorpe', break that long line of maps which use objects endlessly :tongueout: I'm sure you will...

Many thanks for the feedback. Some items are just placeholders at present for me to to visually picture what certain roads are going to look like. Most, if not all will be replaced when I start developing my asset pack. With regards to the walls, I'll probably just keep them for the "posher" detached housing, but again, I will have to see what comes from when I make my custom assets for it. The left hand wall I've already started to remove and I'm going to look at making different walls for that area tonight hopefully with different weathered textures.

Reactions: Deleted member 422

Advertisement

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
The routes I can give now. The map I won't be able to give until I've got all roads in where I'm happy

Routes
Driveable

4 – Bus Station – St Marks Hospital

5 – Bus Station - Welton

7 – Bus Station – High Cliff Circular (intertwines with 8)

8 - Bus Station – High Cliff Circular (intertwines with 7)

13 – Bus Station – Bracebridge Heath (intertwines with 14)

14 - Bus Station – Bracebridge Heath (intertwines with 13)

21 – Bus Station - Washingborough

AI

6 – Bus Station – Mansfield - Worksop

9 – Bus Station - Melton

52 – Bus Station – Lincoln - Grimsby

54 – Bus Station – Lincoln - Newark

Advertisement

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
The routes I can give now. The map I won't be able to give until I've got all roads in where I'm happy

Routes
Driveable

4 – Bus Station – St Marks Hospital

5 – Bus Station - Welton

7 – Bus Station – High Cliff Circular (intertwines with 8)

8 - Bus Station – High Cliff Circular (intertwines with 7)

13 – Bus Station – Bracebridge Heath (intertwines with 14)

14 - Bus Station – Bracebridge Heath (intertwines with 13)

21 – Bus Station - Washingborough

AI

6 – Bus Station – Mansfield - Worksop

9 – Bus Station - Melton

52 – Bus Station – Lincoln - Grimsby

54 – Bus Station – Lincoln - Newark
Looking Good. Must say I am really looking forward to this :D

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
Further to feedback given to me by Kieron last night, I've started to rip up most of Lindum Road's walls and hedges to separate them to give it a more life-like image. I've also broke the constant spam of houses on the right and added a few local shops. The left side will remain predominantly bungalows with the odd few 2 floor houses. The first wall as can be seen, isn't perfect yet and requires some tweaking
252530_screenshots_20170225105542_1.jpg

Further to feedback given to me by Kieron last night, I've started to rip up most of Lindum Road's walls and hedges to separate them to give it a more life-like image. I've also broke the constant spam of houses on the left and added a few local shops. The left side will remain predominantly bungalows with the odd few 2 floor houses. The first wall as can be seen, isn't perfect yet and requires some tweaking
View attachment 8228
That looks a lot more natural, great improvements made. I look forward to seeing what's coming up if this is the kind of detail and effort being put in :)

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
That looks a lot more natural, great improvements made. I look forward to seeing what's coming up if this is the kind of detail and effort being put in :)

It looks even better when driving ;)

Took the C400 for a test up Lindum Hill, one of the key parts in the map and it coped superbly. Unsure what I am going to do for the right-hand side yet
252530_screenshots_20170225115044_1.jpg

Reactions: Jacobthebus
D

Deleted member 422

Further to feedback given to me by Kieron last night, I've started to rip up most of Lindum Road's walls and hedges to separate them to give it a more life-like image. I've also broke the constant spam of houses on the right and added a few local shops. The left side will remain predominantly bungalows with the odd few 2 floor houses. The first wall as can be seen, isn't perfect yet and requires some tweaking
View attachment 8228
Now that is something I don't see often. A developer who has taken every single tiny detail of advice and used it to the highest degree possible. It's not perfect, but it's certainly an incredible improvement from before. Thank you for listening to me. Makes me feel like that time spent writing that post has been utilised and was worth it :P

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread