Help keep us going! Turn off AdBlocker

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
Hello all :)

As you know, we solely rely on donations and advertisements to keep the website alive. We don't use pop-ups or force adverts down your neck. We simply have adverts in three subtle places and just by turning off your AdBlocker, you can keep us going!

We're not asking you to turn off your AdBlocker entirely, but only asking you to turn off your AdBlocker for trucksim.org.

View attachment 1646

You don't have to - but we would appreciate this, and as always, all revenue generated will go towards our ever increasing hosting charges and of course anything left over will be put straight in to giveaways, so we can give back to you what you have kindly given us :)

Thanks!
The TS.org Team

Menacing Scarab

The Cultured Redneck
Jul 30, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
Oddly enough the site almost always tells me it has detected an adblocker on both my laptop and desktop even when it is turned off on the site. Of course as soon as I log in the messages go away because I'm a premium user. Although as I write this I am noticing for the first time that I am seeing a G2A ad right below your post.

Edit: Hmm, that is odd. I am actually seeing several ads on all of the pages now. Did my premium membership get revoked for some reason?

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
Oddly enough the site almost always tells me it has detected an adblocker on both my laptop and desktop even when it is turned off on the site. Of course as soon as I log in the messages go away because I'm a premium user. Although as I write this I am noticing for the first time that I am seeing a G2A ad right below your post.

Edit: Hmm, that is odd. I am actually seeing several ads on all of the pages now. Did my premium membership get revoked for some reason?
It hasn't been revoked :) it's a small error our part why ads are showing for you and also other premium members.

This will be resolved ASAP

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
We don't use pop-ups or force adverts down your neck.
But we will have a pop up advising you to remove AdBlock every time you visit our site if you don't!

So, disable it and lengthen the page load time, or press a close button every time you join. I'm all for supporting the site and everything but I'm sure I'm not the only "speed" browser - that's why I have AdBlock because I don't want to wait for all the ads to load.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
But we will have a pop up advising you to remove AdBlock every time you visit our site if you don't!

So, disable it and lengthen the page load time, or press a close button every time you join. I'm all for supporting the site and everything but I'm sure I'm not the only "speed" browser - that's why I have AdBlock because I don't want to wait for all the ads to load.
You could add the site to your AdBlockers whitelist? That way you'll be supporting the site and be able to browse?

There are only 3 adverts per page, and all are optimised - there's very little noticeable loading difference :)

If you have any suggestions though...

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
It'd be nice, because there's some people who won't be as flexible as me to just disable it and will get really annoyed about it. Rather than a popup maybe a 200 pixel high message just below your header is enough. That way you don't annoy your visitors who don't want to disable it by having to press a close button all the time, but the message stills gets across and still takes up site space for them..

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
It'd be nice, because there's some people who won't be as flexible as me to just disable it and will get really annoyed about it. Rather than a popup maybe a 200 pixel high message just below your header is enough. That way you don't annoy your visitors who don't want to disable it by having to press a close button all the time, but the message stills gets across and still takes up site space for them..
This can be done :)

Thanks for your feedback! It's a new thing we've introduced here, so any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Hoyteq

Mar 16, 2015
Favourite Truck
Volvo
So yeah I know this is a bit old but using Chrome and wanting to support the site with the ads being allowed and even put the site on my Adblocker whitelist but still getting the popup to look at it, highly annoying that it keeps coming up. Is there anything else that I can do aside from getting a premium account?

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
Favourite Truck
Scania
So yeah I know this is a bit old but using Chrome and wanting to support the site with the ads being allowed and even put the site on my Adblocker whitelist but still getting the popup to look at it, highly annoying that it keeps coming up. Is there anything else that I can do aside from getting a premium account?
I will take a look in to this for you :)

Can you send me a PM with your browser version if possible?