Have you ever owned a business (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

@Mitch

No not at all,

I have always been interested in ventures making food products (influences from Food Factory, Discovery Channel.). So I was sure if I were to start a business of my own it would be making eatable products and it was just a a matter of deciding on which product to start from. So then my friend found out that there was a reasonable demand for coconut jelly, I know this doesn't sound nice at all but it tastes good. More native term for this product is Nata De Coco,(Google it to know more)

So we learnt how to make this and for months we did not have a name for our venture to be honest we don't have a legal name yet. We were in need of 50000 Rupees/1000 US Dollars (Probably quite cheep in US dollars but it's a lot in Indian Rupees) to actually start the production, and my uncle helped me out. Now my brother and my friend run it now.

And that's the story behind my Billion dollar business.

Reactions: Stubbsy
Yes, my friend and I originally started out in our own trucks after discovering how badly many companies treat their drivers. In the 5 years since, we have expanded to a fleet of 15 trucks for the Reefer (refrigerated transport) division, and 7 for the Van/Dry Bulk division. I am run the Reefer division as well as manage my own Heavy Haul company in which I am the only driver of and technically is part of the company. We also have 3 Owner-Operators who do contract business with us.

Due to the contracts with some of our clients whose cargo is secretive in nature, we cannot share much information about the company, but our fleet is primarily Kenworths and Peterbilts, our trucks are unmarked, save for DOT numbers and other decals needed for Government identification, this is mainly for our clients and are painted in a variety of colors.

Though my Heavy Haul truck can be named and advertised to the world, I choose not to, simply because it is something I do not necessarily need to do as my work speaks for itself and mainly because I occasionally do reefer or van runs as well. I do quite a few loads for the Military ferrying tanks and APC's from base to base, but the majority of my contracts are construction machinery and equipments for refineries or industries. I believe I posted a pic of a load going to a mine in Northern Canada earlier, but other loads include parts for a Wind Farm in which it is not width that is the issue, but length, larger than doubles trucks or even triples. Also, farm equipments where their wheel base extends far beyond the range of the trailer's width (this is a construction lowboy trailer).

I have begun to more focus on managing the Reefer division and making sure our drivers have the equipment they need. So I have been spending less time online these days, but I am trying to manage my time better.

Reactions: Adi

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread