Maps Harrothorpe Reborn (A Yorkshire Dev Team Project) (1 Viewer)

Now as you all know the original Harrothorpe i made ages ago was like Marmite, some people loved it while others hated it. Now i had originally shelved the project but my good friend Jamie had said how it has potential and together as the Yorkshire Development Team we hope to bring a new updated version that will bring it upto todays standards.

When i ceased updating the map it had a total of 23 services that were the following:
596 Hebden Bridge Local (20 Min Round) (First)
598 Hebden Bridge Local (20 Min Round) (First)
591 Leeds - Shipley - Hebden - Malton (20 Min) (First)
X91 Leeds - Malton Express (15-20 min peak time) (First)
X11 Leeds - Shipley - Hebden - Malton Limited Stop (15 Mins) (Geldards)
22 Shipley - Poppleton - Lower Poppleton (15 mins) (Squarepeg)
700 Leeds City Circular (13 Min Round) (First)
757 Leeds - Airport (20 min) (Yorkshire Tiger)
519 Leeds - Cross Green Ind Estate (15 mins)
X59 Leeds - Cross Green Direct (5-10 Mins)
PR1 Poppleton P&R - Leeds Circular
412 Leeds - Poppleton - Knapton (15 mins) (Never Finished fully)
KS1 Knapton School - Manningham Lane (School) (15 Mins) (Geldards)
626 Leeds - Shipley - Baildon (15 mins) (First)
625 Leeds - Shipley - Hebden - Balidon (20 mins) (First)
C68 Shipley Tesco Bus - Leeds (10-30 mins) (Geldards)
R10 School Run to Hebden Via Baildon (First)
R11 School Run to Malton Via Hebden
71 Malton - Ryedale (7 Mins but will be extended) (First)
78 Malton - Riddlesden (7 Mins but will be extended) (First)
Power Plant Shuttle Bus (Staff Service) (10 Min Round Trip) (First using Non-DDA bus)
Rail Replacement Leeds - Hebden Bridge (15 mins) (Hired operators)
Leeds Bus Museum Shuttle

Bear in mind NOT all of these routes may make it into the next version although we hope to update the routes on these and add new ones. Currently Jamie has begun by editing the roads around Malton then into Leeds.
e06f9c2e0984b0b5ff3235a4fabc765a.png

P.S. we are removing ALL of the Tudor Houses (Plus ones in above shot) and are ensuring the AI has other cars not just Golfs

Advertisement

Update
For the past 3 weeks, i have still been editing Malton and the roads out of it.
-Rebuilt Ryedale Lake terminus, so now you need to take a loop around the fields behind the lake.
- Rebuilt roads in the estate of Malton and Riddlesden to reduce number of polys left behind from the previous version with less over-curved splines.
- Added scenery to the lnik road between Riddlesden and Rydale for night services.
-Started work on Heptonstall, and Garsdale.

[HOF was for photo only, capitals will not be used, as this is from the 0.5 HOF!]

Rydale Lake and roads out of Riddlesden:
20170802162359_1.jpg

20170802162426_1.jpg

20170802162640_1.jpg

20170802163026_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update
For the past 3 weeks, i have still been editing Malton and the roads out of it.
-Rebuilt Ryedale Lake terminus, so now you need to take a loop around the fields behind the lake.
- Rebuilt roads in the estate of Malton and Riddlesden to reduce number of polys left behind from the previous version with less over-curved splines.
- Added scenery to the lnik road between Riddlesden and Rydale for night services.
-Started work on Heptonstall, and Garsdale.

Rydale Lake and roads out of Riddlesden:
View attachment 16031

View attachment 16032

View attachment 16033

View attachment 16034
Looks very nice

Just a suggestion, don't make the HOF File all capitals. It isn't realistic and looks unprofessional
Thanks but already knew about that one! Isn't my HOF, was just using the old V0.5 one for the photo as i said the exact same with you on another WIP! This isn't the HOF or repaint being used. Also, when i do the HOF, i'll add some more details as it looks small and not easy to read there as the rest, but the HOF will be done at the end.

Looks very nice
Thank you

Reactions: LazyGuy222

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
To be honest, it looks very bare and very low res. I don't know if this is up to your settings, i simply don't know :P

What i suggest doing is add a few more trees in the middle of the fields to add more detail :)

Advertisement

To be honest, it looks very bare and very low res. I don't know if this is up to your settings, i simply don't know :tongueout:

What i suggest doing is add a few more trees in the middle of the fields to add more detail :)
Thanks for suggestion, I'm assuming your referring to the image at the top of the page, as there are plenty of tress in Ryedale :) If you do mean the C400R pic, that's going by something realistic in real life, but there are a couple of buses to add around it :)

Reactions: Gh0st28

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Yeah, it's certainly an improvement Jamie, but one thing I will definitely say is get those 256px textures unticked especially when showing off the screenshots.
One thing I will say is that you're using the wrong centre line spline, it should be CentreLine_Warn_100.sli you use.

Reactions: RN61 and Gh0st28

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
Jamie, you have made some leaps and bounds since the days of Flaxton. What you might want to do is look at using the grass in the UKDT flora 2 and try to have some sort dirt texture at the side of the road. Also, I agree with Ross that you shouldn't use the 256*256 option when you're showcasing screenshots.

Edit: You might want to enlarge the crossing that was shown in the large picture. Looks a bit too tight.

Reactions: RN61
Quick update - Heptonstall/Hebden Bridge work in stream archive

Still haven't finished that road, but I have a few plans for it. Also, I'm hoping to do a few more of these in the next few days on Twitch.

Advertisement

and More Central

Veteran YouTuber
Apr 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
Now after my summer holiday away from OMSI editor, here September comes and it sees me return to the editing seat. As it currently stands Jamie has passed me the map back for some editing and bringing routes to the map. With concepts edited, here are the current routes that with the current road networks should appear on the map and their operator and rough frequency:

H1 Hebden Bridge - Steeton (Every 60 Mins, but 30 min frequency combined with 594) (First)
H2 Hebden Bridge - Baildon (Every 60 Mins) (First)
H2 Hebden Bridge - Eaves (Every 60 Mins) (First)
PR1 Poppleton P&R - Poppleton Guideway - Leeds - Temple Green P&R (First)
83 Leeds - Hunslet - Poppleton - Knapton (80s Network ) (Yorkshire Tiger)
84 Leeds - Hunslet - Cross Green (80s Network) (Yorkshire Tiger)
85 Leeds - Hunslet - Cross Gates - Shipley - Whitehall Bus Depot (80s Network) (Yorkshire Tiger)
507 Leeds - Hunslet - Poppleton - Cross Gates - Shipley (Every 20 Mins) (First)
R10 Roydcliffe Academy - Baildon - Hebden Bridge (School) (Geldards)
R11 Roydcliffe Academy - Hebden Bridge - Malton - Ryedale - Riddlesden ( School) (Geldards)
R12 Roydcliffe Academy - Shipley - Cross Gates - Poppleton - Hunslet (School) (Geldards)
X11 Leeds - Shipley - Hebden Bridge - Malton (Every 15/20 Mins) (Geldards)
626 Leeds - Shipley - Baildon (Every 15/20 Mins) (First)
256 Leeds - Shipley - Hebden Bridge - Baildon (Peak Time) (First)

Main Changes from the initial plans is that the Malton Locals have gone, but these have been replaced by a better concept as seen below:View attachment 17914
There are also some routes planned if the map extension takes place but these are not to be published yet to avoid potential disappointment if they do not get created

Now after my summer holiday away from OMSI editor, here September comes and it sees me return to the editing seat. As it currently stands Jamie has passed me the map back for some editing and bringing routes to the map. With concepts edited, here are the current routes that with the current road networks should appear on the map and their operator and rough frequency:

H1 Hebden Bridge - Steeton (Every 60 Mins, but 30 min frequency combined with 594) (First)
H2 Hebden Bridge - Baildon (Every 60 Mins) (First)
H2 Hebden Bridge - Eaves (Every 60 Mins) (First)
PR1 Poppleton P&R - Poppleton Guideway - Leeds - Temple Green P&R (First)
83 Leeds - Hunslet - Poppleton - Knapton (80s Network ) (Yorkshire Tiger)
84 Leeds - Hunslet - Cross Green (80s Network) (Yorkshire Tiger)
85 Leeds - Hunslet - Cross Gates - Shipley - Whitehall Bus Depot (80s Network) (Yorkshire Tiger)
507 Leeds - Hunslet - Poppleton - Cross Gates - Shipley (Every 20 Mins) (First)
R10 Roydcliffe Academy - Baildon - Hebden Bridge (School) (Geldards)
R11 Roydcliffe Academy - Hebden Bridge - Malton - Ryedale - Riddlesden ( School) (Geldards)
R12 Roydcliffe Academy - Shipley - Cross Gates - Poppleton - Hunslet (School) (Geldards)
X11 Leeds - Shipley - Hebden Bridge - Malton (Every 15/20 Mins) (Geldards)
626 Leeds - Shipley - Baildon (Every 15/20 Mins) (First)
256 Leeds - Shipley - Hebden Bridge - Baildon (Peak Time) (First)

Main Changes from the initial plans is that the Malton Locals have gone, but these have been replaced by a better concept as seen below:View attachment 17914
There are also some routes planned if the map extension takes place but these are not to be published yet to avoid potential disappointment if they do not get created
I am looking forward to it!!

and More Central

Veteran YouTuber
Apr 1, 2016
www.youtube.com
Now update time! A few edits have been made till the route plans above to ease the interworking that is in the map and i have also extended 'abandoned' areas of the map bringing them into the drivable map for the first time. These are the following routes recently created to cover north ratchard:
218 Hebden Bridge - Baildon - Wentworth House (First)
96 Hebden Bridge - Baildon - Grosmont - Ratchard - Malton (First)
The 96 is timed to take 30 minutes each way with the 218 been decker run at every 30 minutes.

In other news i am currently assessing the beta timetables set in place for the 591/2/3 and if they provide enough time. The map will be going into beta shortly to ensure that the timetables cater for all types of drivers! I apologise for the lack of screens but didn't feel any needed to be posted purely as my job is to focus on the timetables and that side of the map although i will post some soon.

Users who are viewing this thread