Harrogate Realistic Map (1 Viewer)

Hi! 

because i was taking up so muh room in the  whats on my workbench thread, i decide to make a harrogate thread! anyway:

welcome to my project in replacement of Whiteland city: Harrogate realistic map!

Routes feature are currently 2A harrogate city centre: bus station - bilton

and may also feature 2B aswell.

there are some rainy days ahead for where i live so i will have plenty of time to work on this!

please let me know of any friendly advice if you want to help me improve my map.

So it took 5 hours to do this bus station and it still isnt finished:

View attachment 3334

View attachment 3335

View attachment 3336

View attachment 3337

Last edited:
Reactions: henryhoward14

Advertisement

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Aye. Make sure you use variety, and make sure it's not too repetitive. Drive through Cotterell, BotW, Keedlestone, Farthington etc, take screenshots for your own reference as guidance and ideas ;)

Aye. Make sure you use variety, and make sure it's not too repetitive. Drive through Cotterell, BotW, Keedlestone, Farthington etc, take screenshots for your own reference as guidance and ideas ;)

thank you, ive already done 5 runs on cotterrell today using 100bus cotterell documents with dutie cards that he made and im about to launch BOTW in the editor to see how he has gone from 8m to zeppelinstr road sizes where there nlike 4 lanes and how he has done nbuildongs.

Advertisement

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
Two things:

Be aware that AI buses can't reverse and so can't use the bays.

The hashed section on the corner of the bus station arn't necessary and could be replaced with a centre warning line.

I am confident that you have taken all advice you can from the shenanigans the other day and you have taken a big step up. Well done.

Lastly, if this map is meant to be real life (?) And even if not, it would be helpful if you learnt and built up good skills in Blender, in order to create your own and real life buildings. Good luck and I hope it goes better in this map

Two things:

Be aware that AI buses can't reverse and so can't use the bays.

The hashed section on the corner of the bus station arn't necessary and could be replaced with a centre warning line.

I am confident that you have taken all advice you can from the shenanigans the other day and you have taken a big step up. Well done.

Lastly, if this map is meant to be real life (?) And even if not, it would be helpful if you learnt and built up good skills in Blender, in order to create your own and real life buildings. Good luck and I hope it goes better in this map

thank you, at the moment i need help with blender because i cant get any further than the start screen!

There is a 20 minute clip on Youtube that I used to make my very first object in blender. Now if only I could find it....

Took me 3 times to do it correctly though mind!

ive seen it thanks but on start screen everyone gets 3D cube i get a 2D square i used to get a 3D cube on start screen do u know how i can change it?

i watchong the one by jeremy jones 20 minutes and 27 seconds

Last edited:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a big improvement, if you keep this up through development we may see something good emerging.

However this and Thornhill look too similar to Cotterell. Try for some variety. There are are good british object packs which i'm sure you have with a vast range of objects. Instead of continously including the sandstone buildings of Cotterell, try using tall office blocks, flats, parks, cinemas, etc.

I know a lot of these buildings are in development but if you try to learn blender (which i think you are) you can get objects the way you want them and the effort will show.

Good luck.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread