GX E500 Mirrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey.Stuffs

Oh that one, that does those repaints.
Apr 1, 2016
Hello Guys and Girls,

On GX-Studio's buses I notice that the mirrors lag and it's starting bug me, so is there anyway to stop the lagging on the mirrors I believe it's a little bit of coding.

Thanks,

Whiskey

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Firstly, what is your "Real Time Reflexions" setting set to? If on "Full", Omsi will render each mirror at the framerate the game runs at. If "Economy" the total framerate of all mirrors on the screen will be the game framerate, so if you have 2 mirrors they'll each run at half the game framerate which might be the lag you're talking about. Otherwise, if the mirror is simply pausing at the edge of the screen, this is due to the last line of an "[add_camera_reflexion_2] entry in the *.bus file for the vehicle. This last variable somehow defines the angle at which the mirror is "on screen" and therefore should be updated. Hopefully this helps. :)

Whiskey.Stuffs

Oh that one, that does those repaints.
Apr 1, 2016
Firstly, what is your "Real Time Reflexions" setting set to? If on "Full", Omsi will render each mirror at the framerate the game runs at. If "Economy" the total framerate of all mirrors on the screen will be the game framerate, so if you have 2 mirrors they'll each run at half the game framerate which might be the lag you're talking about. Otherwise, if the mirror is simply pausing at the edge of the screen, this is due to the last line of an "[add_camera_reflexion_2] entry in the *.bus file for the vehicle. This last variable somehow defines the angle at which the mirror is "on screen" and therefore should be updated. Hopefully this helps. :)
Thanks for the help, do you know what I should change the variable to?

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
You'll have to experiment, I don't know exactly what the value means. I adjusting it by 0.01 increments in either direction might be the way to go. :)

Reactions: Whiskey.Stuffs
Status
Not open for further replies.