Maps Greenville (Fictional London)

• Slow Page Loading and Increased Data Use
    We're working on fixing an issue with images not showing on Safari, which means that (temporarily) pages with lots of images will take longer to load and consume more data.
  • Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.
Jun 12, 2017
Hi there. So i have kept it quiet for the past few weeks. I did post a few pictures here and there but not many people did see it. I was suggested to post map updates on here as i go along with the progress of the map. I will be posting weekly - fortnightly updates regarding what changes i have made within the map throughout that week. Most likely will update on a Sunday or Monday of every week. So you're all probably wondering what is this map? The map is a fictional map based on the suburban areas of London. It will run around the housing areas and small high streets on the map. The ai at the moment is going to be the HK E200 and Alx400 london spec. The main operating company will be stagecoach London. I plan to release the map when i have at least 1 or 2 routes included and then release with more routes in future updates. So far the progress is as follows in the screenshots below:

p.s. this is the one road that i have completed so far. I will show others when i am happy with the state of them. I am aware there is the Add-on London being released and there is no need for another London map. However, I live on the outskirt's of London in an area similar to this so I have an understanding of what areas in my map should look like.

Attachments

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Renowned and Fusioned Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi there. So i have kept it quiet for the past few weeks. I did post a few pictures here and there but not many people did see it. I was suggested to post map updates on here as i go along with the progress of the map. I will be posting weekly - fortnightly updates regarding what changes i have made within the map throughout that week. Most likely will update on a Sunday or Monday of every week. So you're all probably wondering what is this map? The map is a fictional map based on the suburban areas of London. It will run around the housing areas and small high streets on the map. The ai at the moment is going to be the HK E200 and Alx400 london spec. The main operating company will be stagecoach London. I plan to release the map when i have at least 1 or 2 routes included and then release with more routes in future updates. So far the progress is as follows in the screenshots below:

p.s. this is the one road that i have completed so far. I will show others when i am happy with the state of them. I am aware there is the Add-on London being released and there is no need for another London map. However, I live on the outskirt's of London in an area similar to this so I have an understanding of what areas in my map should look like.
Awesome! It looks so great! :eek:
Good job, Charlie! :)

BTW: Oddly, I was also thinking of doing a fictional map set in London...
Maybe I will, some day. :rolleyes:

Jun 12, 2017
I appreciate you positive reaction. If you understand how the editor works then i definitely recommend getting started on making a map. Even if it is just a small fictional map with 1 or 2 routes etc.

Tom99962

Radington and TMP Maker
Jun 3, 2017
Heya
The map looks nice so far, here's some feedback
-
1544993478908.png
Rotate these Speed Bumps by 90 or 270 degrees
- Also this Fire Engine Looks Very Big:
1544993532353.png

Jun 12, 2017
yes the fire engine is the one thing i am working on. Will hopefully be replacing it within the next few days. Will change the speed bumps now. Thanks for the awesome feedback ;)

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Renowned and Fusioned Member
Jun 28, 2018
I appreciate you positive reaction. If you understand how the editor works then i definitely recommend getting started on making a map. Even if it is just a small fictional map with 1 or 2 routes etc.
You're welcome! :)
Thanks for the info! :D
I will do that then. I'll make a WIP thread once I actually start. I can't right now though, so perhaps in a few weeks or so. ;)

Dec 28, 2017
Looks Great Pal you have done fantastic work and i myself would like to see more progress of this map not like other maps that have been in wip for 2 -3 years and then been cancelled or like other people do make good job of one show pictures then cancel it i would like to see this till end thank you for sharing with us this fantastic scene.

Jun 12, 2017
Looks Great Pal you have done fantastic work and i myself would like to see more progress of this map not like other maps that have been in wip for 2 -3 years and then been cancelled or like other people do make good job of one show pictures then cancel it i would like to see this till end thank you for sharing with us this fantastic scene.
I will try my hardest to make sure that this map is released. I wouldn't post pics and not follow through with it because i think thats just not fair.

Dec 28, 2017
I will try my hardest to make sure that this map is released. I wouldn't post pics and not follow through with it because i think thats just not fair.
Thank you i think thats very good of you to say that looking forward to see more from this thread and cant wait to see more screenshots keep up the good work buddy. All supporting you pal.

Jun 12, 2017
So i have decided to scrap that road and start from scratch due to it not being how i wanted it to be. I am starting from the town centre and will work my way out to the suburban areas and other terminus. I have plans to learn how to use blender in order to make custom assets and am going to ask you guys for help. So im no expert in bus depots etc. i am currently making a model in blender but dont have a clue what dimensions to go by. If you can give me some ideas then that would be much appreciated. I will be posting a screenshot later of the new high street junction. There are currently no buildings etc but will be as soon as i have got some made