Maps Greater Manchester (2 Viewers)

{Update this post was updated with upto date images & Info 13/3/2020}

Hello, Fellow Bus Drivers/Omsi Veg

Myself and Josh and other developers are working on Greater Manchester the Main routes I will be trying to recreate into OMSI 2 is 571/572 which is a Great lever circular from Bolton interchange, I also will be working on the 500 bus route which is operated by vision bus I then intend to make the 575 diamond to Horwich which will bring in the 576 Arriva to Horwich, after this a big decision will be made if I make the 582 or the old 22 bus route from Bolton Bus Station - Stockport Bus Station ( it's 26 miles long and 2 hour route)

The map started off at Bolton Interchange including 125 to Chorley only, 500, 571/572, 575/(576).

Will this include different bus companies? Yes it will that can range from Diamond North West, Arriva, Vision Bus.

What year is the map set in? Well for those who like the older bus station I will include a modification to use that station or the new one. This allows people to do what they're happy with.

I aim to make this map quite a big map so over years it will become larger.
I may be looking for some help if you Inbox me I mainly am Looking for Realistic Buildings that could improve detail of the map and realism. Some buildings will be fictional placed due to time it takes to build them it is much quicker and this is mainly a personal project I'm willing to release when I'm done with it.

Release of this map is still yet Unknown but I will be keeping updates coming of the map this map may take a while to make as I do not get alot of freetime.
more information will be released soon

Screenshots So Far:

252530_20210313005212_1.png
252530_20210313005847_1.png

20210306010119_1.jpg
20210306191521_1.jpg
20210308185551_1.jpg
20210309053129_1.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Just before you look In the After image the Freemans Buildings are removed due to sufficient permission when releasing, please aslo note in the after image I'm trying to figure out the shelters as seen in the Real Image of the area I hope you all appreciate the remake this will also be Little more friendly for low end pc's due to less thing sbeing used as I had to delete 100 splines ( Exaggeration ) Just to redo the bus station. Whole new Vehicle paths pavements and markings.

BEFORE:
1564352601582.png

AFTER:
1564352303015.png

ARIAL IMAGE(NOT MINE): (Click to view in google)
1564352792950.png

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
If you are concerned about performance, when your map is finished, you ought to look at converting the more complex constructions into objects, which will help. Also, removing Freemans objects is a good call - they're inefficient, poorly mapped in general and simply don't look good. There's an automated converter tool in the downloads section which ought to help you acquire unique objects.

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
If you are concerned about performance, when your map is finished, you ought to look at converting the more complex constructions into objects, which will help. Also, removing Freemans objects is a good call - they're inefficient, poorly mapped in general and simply don't look good. There's an automated converter tool in the downloads section which ought to help you acquire unique objects.
Yeah It was only around Leigh, but because I used like the 2.5M dressing in the whole area to cover roads & did car paths uning invis splines, as you can imagine this got messy haha but yes I definitely will look into doing that and more reason of why I removed them. Glad you mentioned.

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
So after many hours of removing Leigh and it's un-needed 44 tiles (588 route) I have finally started on rebuilding Leigh, the aim for this is to get the roads as close as I am willing to give it the most accurate feel to the routes, This will not be done across the map fully but in the leigh area it will be accurate as I can work with the resources I can.
1565111082435.png

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 59034
I have been redoing parts of the map and placing some buildings across the map and will keep posting updates on this if you have any questions please ask away. Hope you enjoy whats to come and the edits I will be making.
Love it!!! :D
Will you place static cars in those parking slots? ????

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I most definitely will be don't worry unfortunately I gotta redo that, the editor crashed on me xD
Oh, I'm so sorry! :(
Good luck rebuilding it, at least you've got a reference image on how it's supposed to look in the end!
Also, I've found that even if you're frustrated when the editor crashes, when you do re-do it, it actually ends up looking better than the original. :)

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
I know doesnt look like much is going on but across the map are building appearing in the scenery and most of these buildings are either real represenations of the real ones or they are a model to represent whats there but not being exactly how it is I hope you guys are looking forward, but theres alot of work yet to be done.
1584293644638.png

• Love
Reactions: Matfiej and szpHD

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
To enhance the realism of the map I have decided to remove the tunnel and create what's actually there (Bolton Rd Ring Road) This will now allow me to create routes 36/37/8/X8 between bolton and manchester I hope this makes you all excited this is going to take some time to complete overall but I have alot of assets knocking around to make it slightly more realistic rather then fictional.
1584640148440.png

To enhance the realism of the map I have decided to remove the tunnel and create what's actually there (Bolton Rd Ring Road) This will now allow me to create routes 36/37/8/X8 between bolton and manchester I hope this makes you all excited this is going to take some time to complete overall but I have alot of assets knocking around to make it slightly more realistic rather then fictional.View attachment 59392
looking good

Reactions: Joshua Ramsden

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Just an update on what's going on unfortuantely I've lost quite alot of files regarding this map but ontop of that I felt this map has more potential with skills I learned in the editor, with that said I have decided I will be remaking this map, starting with a local route , 575 this will be a 20-25 min journey each way and I will be expanding from there I hope yous can understand my frustration with losing the progress I have but I will be remake it to a higher standard.

Reactions: owen6116

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
Just an update on what's going on unfortuantely I've lost quite alot of files regarding this map but ontop of that I felt this map has more potential with skills I learned in the editor, with that said I have decided I will be remaking this map, starting with a local route , 575 this will be a 20-25 min journey each way and I will be expanding from there I hope yous can understand my frustration with losing the progress I have but I will be remake it to a higher standard.

Losing progress is like the worst thing that can happen to a developer lets be honest. Good luck though. :)

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread