Maps Greater Manchester (Semi-Fictional)

What route would you like to see completed for a possible beta?

• 517 & 516 - Horwich

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • 582 - Bolton

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • 588 589 590 591

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joshua Ramsden

Thrash productions
Mar 4, 2017
Just before you look In the After image the Freemans Buildings are removed due to sufficient permission when releasing, please aslo note in the after image I'm trying to figure out the shelters as seen in the Real Image of the area I hope you all appreciate the remake this will also be Little more friendly for low end pc's due to less thing sbeing used as I had to delete 100 splines ( Exaggeration ) Just to redo the bus station. Whole new Vehicle paths pavements and markings.

BEFORE:
1564352601582.png

AFTER:
1564352303015.png

ARIAL IMAGE(NOT MINE): (Click to view in google)
1564352792950.png

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
If you are concerned about performance, when your map is finished, you ought to look at converting the more complex constructions into objects, which will help. Also, removing Freemans objects is a good call - they're inefficient, poorly mapped in general and simply don't look good. There's an automated converter tool in the downloads section which ought to help you acquire unique objects.

Joshua Ramsden

Thrash productions
Mar 4, 2017
If you are concerned about performance, when your map is finished, you ought to look at converting the more complex constructions into objects, which will help. Also, removing Freemans objects is a good call - they're inefficient, poorly mapped in general and simply don't look good. There's an automated converter tool in the downloads section which ought to help you acquire unique objects.
Yeah It was only around Leigh, but because I used like the 2.5M dressing in the whole area to cover roads & did car paths uning invis splines, as you can imagine this got messy haha but yes I definitely will look into doing that and more reason of why I removed them. Glad you mentioned.

Joshua Ramsden

Thrash productions
Mar 4, 2017
So after many hours of removing Leigh and it's un-needed 44 tiles (588 route) I have finally started on rebuilding Leigh, the aim for this is to get the roads as close as I am willing to give it the most accurate feel to the routes, This will not be done across the map fully but in the leigh area it will be accurate as I can work with the resources I can.
1565111082435.png