Maps Greater Manchester (1 Viewer)

{Update this post was updated with upto date images & Info 13/3/2020}

Hello, Fellow Bus Drivers/Omsi Veg

Myself and Josh and other developers are working on Greater Manchester the Main routes I will be trying to recreate into OMSI 2 is 571/572 which is a Great lever circular from Bolton interchange, I also will be working on the 500 bus route which is operated by vision bus I then intend to make the 575 diamond to Horwich which will bring in the 576 Arriva to Horwich, after this a big decision will be made if I make the 582 or the old 22 bus route from Bolton Bus Station - Stockport Bus Station ( it's 26 miles long and 2 hour route)

The map started off at Bolton Interchange including 125 to Chorley only, 500, 571/572, 575/(576).

Will this include different bus companies? Yes it will that can range from Diamond North West, Arriva, Vision Bus.

What year is the map set in? Well for those who like the older bus station I will include a modification to use that station or the new one. This allows people to do what they're happy with.

I aim to make this map quite a big map so over years it will become larger.
I may be looking for some help if you Inbox me I mainly am Looking for Realistic Buildings that could improve detail of the map and realism. Some buildings will be fictional placed due to time it takes to build them it is much quicker and this is mainly a personal project I'm willing to release when I'm done with it.

Release of this map is still yet Unknown but I will be keeping updates coming of the map this map may take a while to make as I do not get alot of freetime.
more information will be released soon

Screenshots So Far:

252530_20210313005212_1.png
252530_20210313005847_1.png

20210306010119_1.jpg
20210306191521_1.jpg
20210308185551_1.jpg
20210309053129_1.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

1536093318568.png

I can only recommend using Road-Hog/Iomex's corner pieces here, the amount of polys being used will be so absurd as to cause serious performance issues. While the map looks very good and promising, its important to bear optimization and performance in mind.
Poly-Saving Prefabs for iomexLH Pavements

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 33881
I can only recommend using Road-Hog/Iomex's corner pieces here, the amount of polys being used will be so absurd as to cause serious performance issues. While the map looks very good and promising, its important to bear optimization and performance in mind.
Poly-Saving Prefabs for iomexLH Pavements
Thank you for that was wondering what does that mean I thought it was just as its quite small but cheers will fix that now

Thank you for that was wondering what does that mean I thought it was just as its quite small but cheers will fix that now
Because you’ve used a pavement spline to form the end piece, which is a semi-circle, you’ve had to form a semi-circle which involves using an enormously amount of polys. It’s best to use the prefab pieces as they do the exact same job but they’re low poly.

Reactions: Joshua Ramsden

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Because you’ve used a pavement spline to form the end piece, which is a semi-circle, you’ve had to form a semi-circle which involves using an enormously amount of polys. It’s best to use the prefab pieces as they do the exact same job but they’re low poly.
Yep that's exactly what I've done it's now fixed thank you for that
Looking good hope u release it soon joshua
As of now I hope the same obviously and it may take time for it as I've spent days on just leigh bus station it's self.

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
This intersection has made 2 new routes to be added 586 - Leigh Circular & 551 - Bolton - Leigh with these routes building up this will allow more space for other routes to be added , I do expect this to be a big map for routes with this in mind, I do wanna say beta will not have many routes I may put two different routes e.g. 517/516 & 582 or 586 depending on how far I get with the progress this.
1537020097804.png

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Looking very good so far. I am impressed with the handmade splines and so forth. Sad that people want the 516/7 more than the 582 :(
With the initial Beta will hold the 586 as it's a Circular and will be the quickest to make, then the way I've been designing it all I'm just building everything I can from place It may happen to be 582 comes before the votes are close together so anything could happen from now and the initial beta.

I had no idea there was someone creating a Manchester map until now, and looking through this forum it does seem really exciting. I live in East London and currently heavily excited for the London map, however, I've been to Manchester Piccadilly before and the place is absolutely beautiful and now you making a semi-fictional based map on Manchester is looking amazing so far, great work dude!

PS - Manchester is great aswell as London ;)

Reactions: DatMouldIsGross

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes I am trying to base it as much as I can off of the real thing but obviously with limited resources im doing what I can with putting the most I can into an area without making it look 'crap' It may take some time but I can see this project going far, and I'm excited for it myself. Yet I'm the one making it aha but thanks for your support.

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread