Go Ahead/London General/Southern Discussion (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 422

Here's an extract from University of Cotterell's website:
"Over the last 9 months, we have received an increased number of complaints regarding the university bus shuttles. We have acknowledged every one of your complaints and we understand that the service currently provided by First is 'expensive', 'unreliable' and 'inconsistent'." they then go on to say, "as of Saturday the 18th, the routes U18 and X18 will no longer be operated under the First Somerset & Avon name and instead operated by Go-Ahead (London General, legally), however, part of the workload will be sub-contracted back to us. We will be responsible for small-scale maintenance (for our mechanics), graphic designs and service control."

I've heard that 4 Volvo B5LH/Gemini 3's have been ordered for Cotterell with them expected to arrive in the summer. For the time being, 5 C400s have transferred, the buses will be based in the former staff parking area of the university. Two have already arrived as I have snapped here after a lecture.

View attachment 7616
You do realise that Go-Ahead London General is not their legal name? London General is one of many operators aside their own service...Go-Ahead Gold.

Moderator Edit: These posts were extracted from the General Screenshots thread, where they stemmed from the above fictional post involving Go Ahead/London General.

Last edited by a moderator:

helloleni

Eurovision Queen
Apr 1, 2016
Sidcup, London
You do realise that Go-Ahead London General is not their legal name? London General is one of many operators aside their own service...Go-Ahead Gold.

After a recent re-organisation, all of Go Ahead's bus company's have been legally been brought under the London General banner. Go North East, Go South Coast, London Central, Docklands Buses, Blue Triangle, GAL Metrobus, Metrobus and Brighton and Hove are now all legally Go Ahead London General. (This is not my direct information but something I saw a number of times on Flickr yesterday so I wouldn't be surprised if l was wrong ).

Advertisement

BML_Atkinson

Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Stanley
After a recent re-organisation, all of Go Ahead's bus company's have been legally been brought under the London General banner. Go North East, Go South Coast, London Central, Docklands Buses, Blue Triangle, GAL Metrobus, Metrobus and Brighton and Hove are now all legally Go Ahead London General. (This is not my direct information but something I saw a number of times on Flickr yesterday so I wouldn't be surprised if l was wrong ).
Go North East is not legally Go Ahead London General. It's Go North East! All of the legal lettering and company house is Go North East. That makes no sense what so ever.

I'd like to point out that the post was completely fictional for my own entertainment. To further add, I do realise this as I believe 'Transport Services Limited' was missing ;)

I do believe Go-Ahead's London subsidiaries are now registered under the 'London General Transport Services Limited' name as of 2016, however they still retain their individual trade names (Blue Triangle, Metrobus, Docklands...). If I'm wrong, please do correct me.

helloleni

Eurovision Queen
Apr 1, 2016
Sidcup, London
Go North East is not legally Go Ahead London General. It's Go North East! All of the legal lettering and company house is Go North East. That makes no sense what so ever.

It will not change the Go North East brand, The subsidiary will however, be legally managed under the Go Ahead London General name (As I stated earlier, It is not my information and simply sourced from Flickr ;))

BML_Atkinson

Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Stanley
It will not change the Go North East brand, The subsidiary will however, be legally managed under the Go Ahead London General name (As I stated earlier, It is not my information and simply sourced from Flickr ;))
Subsidiary? What subsidiary? They're operated by Go Ahead, not Go Ahead London General. Don't take information that you don't understand and claim it's right.

helloleni

Eurovision Queen
Apr 1, 2016
Sidcup, London
Subsidiary? What subsidiary? They're operated by Go Ahead, not Go Ahead London General. Don't take information that you don't understand and claim it's right.

Go North East is a subsidiary of Go Ahead. I have stated information that is not my own that is sourced from Flickr (which I have stated multiple times). Go Ahead London General is from February this year, the legal name for ALL of Go Ahead's bus companies in the UK and NOT the brand name e.g Go North East. I perfectly understand all the information that I have stated this evening. It is not a difficult concept. I will end this disscussion here as this thread is not an appropriate place for an argument.

Last edited:

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

I'd like to point out that the post was completely fictional for my own entertainment. To further add, I do realise this as I believe 'Transport Services Limited' was missing ;)

I do believe Go-Ahead's London subsidiaries are now registered under the 'London General Transport Services Limited' name as of 2016, however they still retain their individual trade names (Blue Triangle, Metrobus, Docklands...). If I'm wrong, please do correct me.
Yes that is true for Go-Ahead London. I was just saying that Go-Aheads regional operations are not under London General.

Ofor course we are all entitled to our imagination :P

D

Deleted member 422

Go North East is a subsidiary of Go Ahead. I have stated information that is not my own that is sourced from Flickr (which I have stated multiple times). Go Ahead London General is from February this year, the legal name for ALL of Go Ahead's bus companies in the UK and NOT the brand name e.g Go North East. I perfectly understand all the information that I have stated this evening. It is not a difficult concept. I will end this disscussion here as this thread is not an appropriate place for an argument.
Just like to point out, that Go-Ahead Gold is the only bus service actually operated by Go-Ahead.

Go-Ahead is actually based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, a simple look on their website tells you this...

Reactions: BML_Atkinson
Nov 27, 2016
Any getting on from that has anyone else seen whats shown up in the Metrobus depot in Orpington and seen driving around? A 12 reg Wrightbus Streetlite being used as a trainer for new Wrightbus Streetlites, I don't know if they are hybrid or not, however it seems like Metrobus is going to be making the most of the Orpington located Wrightbus service facility. These new buses are apparently for the R1 and R11 routes but will likely be seen also running the R4, R3 and some other non Orpington routes.

D

Deleted member 422

Any getting on from that has anyone else seen whats shown up in the Metrobus depot in Orpington and seen driving around? A 12 reg Wrightbus Streetlite being used as a trainer for new Wrightbus Streetlites, I don't know if they are hybrid or not, however it seems like Metrobus is going to be making the most of the Orpington located Wrightbus service facility. These new buses are apparently for the R1 and R11 routes but will likely be seen also running the R4, R3 and some other non Orpington routes.
Yup, and if one ever strays onto the R3 I will throttle whoever sent it on that route :P

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

I quite like the 477's Streetlites. More comfy than many of the darts/200's. Still not as slow up hill as the YX61 EN's.
They shudder every time the handbrake is applied. They sound like blenders. They have little to no suspension. They have un-adequate power to get up the hill. They are forever breaking down and having to be replaced by Enviro's.

Dunno what part of that is good, but your entitled to your own opinion :P All I'll say is last time I went on one, the brakes caught fire...

Nov 27, 2016
Name me a modern bus which doesn't keep breaking down. Ive lost count of the number of Metrobus Enviros which have gone up in smoke and the number of times their brand new Citaros have required being dragged away.
And have you been on the 65 plate Enviros yet? Particuarly after stopping on an uphill section of road?

D

Deleted member 422

Name me a modern bus which doesn't keep breaking down. Ive lost count of the number of Metrobus Enviros which have gone up in smoke and the number of times their brand new Citaros have required being dragged away.
And have you been on the 65 plate Enviros yet? Particuarly after stopping on an uphill section of road?
Are you actually saying Streetlite's don't break down? Especially the 477 ones...

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread