getting destinations made for the new V3D - Digibus Phantom Spectra (1 Viewer)

Solution
You're welcome ????
Have you saved the blinds as .tga files. I made a small mistake when writing my post, I said .png instead of .tga. ????. Make sure to just open them back up and save as again saving them as [name].tga. If this is the problem, firstly I'm sorry xD, secondly you will have to change the names you listed in the HOF file under RLB Texture. Hopefully that fixes it.
If you still haven't been able to get the destination blinds to show make sure that the folders (where it says announcements, rollsign, side plate) are empty, or make sure that the name of the folders are matching with the folders you're creating for the blinds.

This is on the settings page when you go into HOF suite. Also make sure that when you're...

Dman64w

bread
Dec 21, 2019
what software to use to create blinds for the new V3D - Digibus Phantom. plz can someone reply if you know thanks
Hey! You can use any image editing software such as paint.net to create custom blinds for the Phantom, just make sure you include them in the respected .hof file after! For that you should be able to use HOF Suite or Notepad++.

Advertisement

snarledcomic1

Wannabe Map Creator
Apr 27, 2018
The North
You should just be able to find the directory for the blinds in your OMSI folder (OMSI2 /Vehicles/Anzeigen/Rollbind_Phantom) and then create a .PNG rollblind. To use this on the Phantom, download 'HOF Suite', open the .HOF for the map you want to use and create the destination you want to use.

If you need any help on 'HOF Suite',Eamons made a good tutorial on it. It's a slightly older version he uses, but the fundamentals are basically the same!

Enjoy the Phantom!

Hey! You can use any image editing software such as paint.net to create custom blinds for the Phantom, just make sure you include them in the respected .hof file after! For that you should be able to use HOF Suite or Notepad++.
ok thanks and do u use a old destination like Ashby Circular to then replace it with (new one) St Albans? in paint or whatever software u use?

Advertisement

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
I am very interested in making my own custom blinds for this/ using my custom ones for Yorkshire I made but I have failed more than 4 times. I am just wondering if there is a video tutorial with a step by step guide anywhere as I have searched Youtube for ages or if anybody is able to help me. Any help would be very much appreciated.
I'd be happy to help. There is a tutorial if you scroll up a bit on thread, if you'd like to watch it. What exactly are you having trouble with? Is it just getting them in the HOF, or something else?

I'd be happy to help. There is a tutorial if you scroll up a bit on thread, if you'd like to watch it. What exactly are you having trouble with? Is it just getting them in the HOF, or something else?
I think I am having trouble with most of the process. I have attempted to create a blind in paint.net but I'm pretty sure that it was wrong. When I save it and try getting it into HOF suite it doesn't seem to want to seem to load in/ go across. I have watched the tutorial above as it helped me massively with creating my custom Yorkshire hof for other buses. This is my first attempt at a roll blind but I am not a great when in comes to editing files or editing HOF files for roll blind buses. Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated

Last edited:

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
I think I am having trouble with most of the process. I have attempted to create a blind in paint.net but I'm pretty sure that it was wrong. When I save it and try getting it into HOF suite it doesn't seem to want to seem to load in/ go across. I have watched the tutorial above as it helped me massively with creating my custom Yorkshire hof for other buses. This is my first attempt at a roll blind but I am not a great when in comes to editing files or editing HOF files for roll blind buses. Any advice or guidance would be very much appreciated
I've put it in a spoiler so it doesn't clog up the thread :P
Right, Okay. So, generally you will want to save your blinds in this location Vehicles\Anzeigen\Rollband_Phantom. It's recommended to create a new folder for your blinds in there just so you're able find them easier and they're just separated nicely from everything else in that folder.
For example I've saved my blind TEST.tga into the folder Tutorial
1585952321048.png

Now getting it into the HOF is pretty easy. I gather you have made a HOF including the bus stops and destinations, you just haven't got the blinds in yet, correct me if I'm wrong!
So first open up HOF Suite and find the destination you want to attach the blind to, like so:
(You don't need to fill in the ANNAX lines if you don't want to as they don't show up on Rollband buses)
1585952494660.png

Then next to the tag RLB texture is where you type the location and the name of the destination blind.
1585952699076.png

So using my blind and its location I would type in Tutorial\TEST.tga, Tutorial being the folder it's in and TEST.tga being the actual blind (Make sure you save your blinds as .tga). And that's it!
It should appear in game now like it does so below:
1585953348968.png

Hope that Helped!

Last edited:
Reactions: kyle234
I've put it in a spoiler so it doesn't clog up the thread :P
Right, Okay. So, generally you will want to save your blinds in this location Vehicles\Anzeigen\Rollband_Phantom. It's recommended to create a new folder for your blinds in there just so you're able find them easier and they're just separated nicely from everything else in that folder.
For example I've saved my blind TEST.png into the folder Tutorial
View attachment 60512
Now getting it into the HOF is pretty easy. I gather you have made a HOF including the bus stops and destinations, you just haven't got the blinds in yet, correct me if I'm wrong!
So first open up HOF Suite and find the destination you want to attach the blind to, like so:
(You don't need to fill in the ANNAX lines if you don't want to as they don't show up on Rollband buses)
View attachment 60385
Then next to the tag RLB texture is where you type the location and the name of the destination blind.
View attachment 60513
So using my blind and its location I would type in Tutorial\TEST.tga, Tutorial being the folder it's in and TEST.tga being the actual blind (Make sure you save your blinds as .tga). And that's it!
It should appear in game now like it does so below:
View attachment 60387

Hope that Helped!

Thank you for all your help. It was very helpful and much appreciated :)

I managed to try and edit the Yorkshire HOF the same way this morning and it seem to be okay but when I returned home from work to test it the destination blinds in game they were blank. I know its me as I am not the greatest of tech person and don't have a much in depth of how to do certain things in omsi.

Last edited:

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London

I managed to try and edit the Yorkshire HOF the same way this morning and it seem to be okay but when I returned home from work to test it the destination blinds in game they were blank. I know its me as I am not the greatest of tech person and don't have a much in depth of how to do certain things in omsi.
You're welcome ????
Have you saved the blinds as .tga files. I made a small mistake when writing my post, I said .png instead of .tga. ????. Make sure to just open them back up and save as again saving them as [name].tga. If this is the problem, firstly I'm sorry xD, secondly you will have to change the names you listed in the HOF file under RLB Texture. Hopefully that fixes it.

Advertisement

If you still haven't been able to get the destination blinds to show make sure that the folders (where it says announcements, rollsign, side plate) are empty, or make sure that the name of the folders are matching with the folders you're creating for the blinds.

This is on the settings page when you go into HOF suite. Also make sure that when you're inserting the RLB texture, use backslash (\) instead of forward-slash (/). I'm not sure if it entirely matters but its consistent with the other HOF files. This is what I did and it worked for me.

help.png

Reactions: LH275
You're welcome ????

This is on the settings page when you go into HOF suite. Also make sure that when you're inserting the RLB texture, use backslash (\) instead of forward-slash (/). I'm not sure if it entirely matters but its consistent with the other HOF files. This is what I did and it worked for me.

View attachment 60583
Thank you both so much I have manged to do it. Your help was very much appreciated.
20200405132453_1.jpg

Reactions: LH275
Solution
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread