Getting a .o3d into Omsi (1 Viewer)

Solution
The .bus file .cfg are in the following:

• .bus in side the MAN_SD202 folder
  • .cfg files are inside the MAN_SD202 / Model Folder
Just remember not to enter a comma or a full stop by mistake as it won't tell you what's wrong it'll just cause an invisible bus. I am surprised the experts who are making and layering scripts for buses haven't stepped in @BlueOrange is a good chap. We need to be assisting our fellow bus builders chaps. Come on!

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Hi guys,

So I have exported the body of my current project out of blender as a .o3d. Now I'm having difficulty on how it gets into the game. I've made a file for the project under "OMSI2 > Vehicles " etc. Now I need some direction on creating the ' CFG File' within the 'Model' file.

Cheers.
I had always assumed that new vehicles were made by duplicating the MAN SD200 or SD202 and then replacing the .o3d files for things like the main body/wipers/doors etc with the new files. I might be completely wrong there because I've never got a bus that far into development, but I have managed to produce a couple of test bus bodies by replacing the file "D92_Wagenkasten.o3d" which is the low-density model for the D92.

Advertisement

Jun 24, 2017
I had always assumed that new vehicles were made by duplicating the MAN SD200 or SD202 and then replacing the .o3d files for things like the main body/wipers/doors etc with the new files. I might be completely wrong there because I've never got a bus that far into development, but I have managed to produce a couple of test bus bodies by replacing the file "D92_Wagenkasten.o3d" which is the low-density model for the D92.

Thank you, I'll give it a go!

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
You export the x file and convert it to .o3d with the X converter that comes with the Inofficial SDK (if anyone remembers they were reluctant to give us this back in the day, hence the unfinished nature of the document)

Once then you add it to the bus file, best thing to do is import body, seats, handlebars, etc seperately, test out repaints etc etc, then add in the animated parts, wheels, dashboard dials (Id like to know how to work out the rotational value for the needles, per engine rev counter, speedometer etc, that'll be awesome to know!) Blind displays, and windows go at the end of the .cfg file.

Create a list of to do, that way nothing's missed, leave the sounds and scripting until the very last

Jun 24, 2017
You export the x file and convert it to .o3d with the X converter that comes with the Inofficial SDK (if anyone remembers they were reluctant to give us this back in the day, hence the unfinished nature of the document)

Once then you add it to the bus file, best thing to do is import body, seats, handlebars, etc seperately, test out repaints etc etc, then add in the animated parts, wheels, dashboard dials (Id like to know how to work out the rotational value for the needles, per engine rev counter, speedometer etc, that'll be awesome to know!) Blind displays, and windows go at the end of the .cfg file.

Create a list of to do, that way nothing's missed, leave the sounds and scripting until the very last

Thank you!

Just to double-check where do I get the 'BUS FILE' and .CFG file from?

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
The .bus file .cfg are in the following:

• .bus in side the MAN_SD202 folder
  • .cfg files are inside the MAN_SD202 / Model Folder
Just remember not to enter a comma or a full stop by mistake as it won't tell you what's wrong it'll just cause an invisible bus. I am surprised the experts who are making and layering scripts for buses haven't stepped in @BlueOrange is a good chap. We need to be assisting our fellow bus builders chaps. Come on!

Reactions: TEEJ
Solution
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread