Status
Not open for further replies.

THE PH6NT0M

Current Transfer Value: £1
FF Council
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could spread some light on this error for me? I have mentioned it to fellowslothb before and he hadn't seen it before and up to this point I've been able to 'put up' with it but it is verging on annoying now. A clean install could probably do the trick but I wondered if anyone knew the cause so I wouldn't have to do a clean install. The only maps I've spotted it on so far is Bowdenham V4 and now Keedlestone Dev build. In Bow it tends to happen to the Mercedes not the MANs and in KS its decided to happen to stretches of road...

hPZU_nNJY_Po2ByAbC_dlI8DymABRGRe.jpeg

But as soon as I zoom in ...

hPZU_nNJY_Po2ByAbC_dlI8DymABRGRe.jpeg

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RS1995
Feb 12, 2016
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could spread some light on this error for me? I have mentioned it to fellowslothb before and he hadn't seen it before and up to this point I've been able to 'put up' with it but it is verging on annoying now. A clean install could probably do the trick but I wondered if anyone knew the cause so I wouldn't have to do a clean install. The only maps I've spotted it on so far is Bowdenham V4 and now Keedlestone Dev build. In Bow it tends to happen to the Mercedes not the MANs and in KS its decided to happen to stretches of road...

[...]

This might be helpful: http://www.omnibussimulator.de/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=31348
From what I understand it might be because of lack of memory.

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Reactions: Unitt

Advertisement

Mar 26, 2016
See with my PC, I don't have that texture bug thing, I just have mad amounts of lag and I'm playing with

AMD 6100 - Six Core

8GB of 1333Mhz Ram ( I need to upgrade this I know )

AMD Radeon 7770 1Ghz

1TB HDD Segate

650W PSU cosair

Windows 10 64x

I've done the 4GB patch and I don't know why I'm still lagging.

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think its that OMSI doesn't like multi core, it only uses 1 core so if that processor isn't that good with single core processes (AMD processors usually aren't good at those) then it will run like a potato, Have you tried some of the presets for the options? You might be able to get a few more FPS out of OMSI.

For example, I am running an i5-3570k and I don't even have the 4GB patch and I get around 62FPS in Berlin, around 45 in Bowdenham!

Reactions: Admin

Advertisement

The reason OMSI 2 is crashing could be due to your PC having issues if this is happening. What are your PC's specs?

Also try going to System Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery Settings and under "System Failure" there should be a box saying something like "Restart automatically". Uncheck this box, and then when it next happens you'll get an error message telling you what the actual problem is.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Ok thank you i have now turned that off call me a noob where can i find the Specs 

Go to "My computer" (or "This PC", depending on which version of Windows you use), drop down the top ribbon bar if it isn't already there (little arrow at the top right) and then click "System properties" and either tell us what it says or take a screenshot of it. For instance, my laptop's specs are these:

VhAXGrrc0vSmKRThqhtPYr6eyXKBlK1O.png

This'll help us work out if your computer just isn't powerful enough for OMSI. Things that might help if it isn't are to turn off all background programs (such as internet browsers) and apply NTCore's 4GB patch to the game executable file (Google for the patch)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
That should be absolutely fine, it's a reasonably modern Intel processor at over 3GHz and it has more than enough RAM. Hopefully you won't have any other problems.

One thing you can try doing if OMSI is unstable is try verifying the integrity of the game cache. You can do this by going to your Steam library, right clicking on OMSI 2, going to the Local Files tab and clicking "Verify integrity of game cache", in case you didn't already know. A warning though: This will reset all of your options and custom controller inputs, so you might want to copy the Inputs folder and Options.CFG out of the OMSI 2 folder before you do it, so you can put them back afterwards.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread