Status
Not open for further replies.

THE PH6NT0M

Current Transfer Value: £1
FF Council
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could spread some light on this error for me? I have mentioned it to fellowslothb before and he hadn't seen it before and up to this point I've been able to 'put up' with it but it is verging on annoying now. A clean install could probably do the trick but I wondered if anyone knew the cause so I wouldn't have to do a clean install. The only maps I've spotted it on so far is Bowdenham V4 and now Keedlestone Dev build. In Bow it tends to happen to the Mercedes not the MANs and in KS its decided to happen to stretches of road...

hPZU_nNJY_Po2ByAbC_dlI8DymABRGRe.jpeg

But as soon as I zoom in ...

hPZU_nNJY_Po2ByAbC_dlI8DymABRGRe.jpeg

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RS1995

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
Does anyone know what are the best settings for using a game controller that has throttle and brake pedals? I've played around with all the options such as setting it to progressive, degressive, etc. But I still seem to have a really sensitive brake pedal (I only have to just touch it to make the bus come to a stop within seconds). But on the other hand, my throttle pedal is the complete opposite. I have to press it almost right to full power just to get the bus moving.
Anyone have any ideas how I could tweak my control settings?
I have found that I need to fully depress the brake pedal when the bus is stationary on my Logitech pedals in order to get rid of excessive brake sensitivity in OMSI 1 or 2. Once I have done that the passengers are not sent to the front of the bus when I brake for the next stop ! Its also possible to reduce the sensitivity of the steering wheel so it turns more like a bus rather than a racing car.

I need some advice here. I have been watching lots of YouTube videos online on people playing OMSI 2. The thing I can't seem to understand is how they use their camera modes. I have two buttons set up on my game controller with one being 'scroll interior perspectives' and the other 'scroll interior perspectives (reverse)'. On the keyboard this would be the left and right arrow keys. This is how I look left and right in the cab. But the problem with this, is that the camera movements are not fluid. They jump from one view to the next. So when I am using those two buttons to look left and right in the cab, the camera is quickly jolting from one angle to the next. But it seems that most other people on YouTube have something different set up. Their camera moves fluidly around the cab, and it is clear that they are not using their mouse or the left and right arrow keys. For example, I have included a YouTube video here of an example of the camera moving fluidly between cab camera angles.

Scroll to 1:42 in the video clip and you will see how he is moving the camera around. It is clear that he is not using the mouse as the camera is settling into certain positions. He also shows two really cool camera views, one looking at the dashboard icons and another of the TV screens above. How is he manipulating the camera like this? I don't know how to set this up in settings. I really would like to know how to do this, because it doesn't look as good at the moment, as I am basically pressing the left and right arrow keys to see left and right, and to look anywhere else I have use the mouse whilst driving with my other hand. Could someone please tell me what to do to show these camera views? I am quite new to OMSI, so I don't know what to do!

Firstly, there is an option in 'General' which is 'Smooth transitions in driver view' or something similar. This will make camera view transitions in the cab more fluid, but may affect FPS. Secondly, the extra views (such as the CCTV or dash) are built in to the cab perspectives. If you keep scrolling through using your scroll interior perspective buttons, you will look at different angles in the cab, which are pre-programmed. The 'Ins' and 'Home' keys on your keyboard can also focus on different things, such as the timetable, cash desk or ticketer.

Reactions: Dean99

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
In the ailists.cfg file vehicles have numeric IDs that usually run in sequence (on the same line where the liveries [CTI] are referenced). What is this ID number?
Each line in an [aigroup_depot_typgroup_2] definition can have up to 5 tab-separated values. The first is the vehicle's fleet number. They're defined in a *.org file in the folder for the bus in question, if the value in the AI list isn't in that list then the vehicle won't spawn. The next value is optional. If left blank, that vehicle will use it's default numberplate (tied to it's fleetnumber), if filled it'll use that numberplate instead. The 3rd entry is the name of the repaint (has to be identical to the name displayed in the vehicle selection menu) that the bus should use. The 4th and 5th are start and end dates as to when that bus will appear in service in the format YYYYMMDD.

Reactions: Jonathan

Advertisement

BML_Atkinson

Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Stanley
hi can anyone help me send these to me please

Sceneryobjects\Freeman_busstop\Busstop.sco
Sceneryobjects\UK Traffic Signs\Bus stand (small)\Bus stand (small).sco
Sceneryobjects\UK Traffic Signs\Tourist information\vz_son_sackg_m_mast.sco
No people can't send them to you. Try looking for the objects on google. Just search OMSI Freeman_busstop and what you're looking for will probably turn up.

Reactions: BMF NJ

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Well the two items from the "UK Traffic Signs" are from the identically named download on Aussiex if I remember rightly: UK Traffic Signs
The object in "Freeman_busstop" is going to be something made by Freeman for Canterbury or Canterbury Basic. If it's the latter you're in luck as you can download the Basic version for free from Freeman's website: OMSI-ZONE. If it's the former then you'll have to buy Canterbury Donors from the same place. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BMF NJ

Advertisement

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire.
I just thought I would post this note about view transitions. I used to run my OMsi2 with the SMOOTH Transitions option checked.
But after doing all my work on camera views for the C400R & Caetano Levante I now run with the smooth option UNCHECKED.
This is because when you create a Zoomed view for a specific item such as timetable etc with the smooth option checked the view comes up
like you are zooming a camera. With it unchecked the view comes straight up direct on the object.

D

Deleted member 422

Hi everyone I'm willing to pay real money to buy some buses for omsi 2 thank you all
People who have the time, skill and patience to create buses suitable for Omsi2 are very hard to come by. therefore they are usually tied up in their own projects. People do not undergo these long processes for your pleasure, merely for their own. Therefore no matter how much you offer, people will not make it unless they want to do it themselves.

I also recommend you don't offer money at all. People will take advantage of you and you will end up paying large sums of money with nothing in return if you chose the wrong sort of person. Most of the good people will not take your money for it and as a result I highly do not recommend giving money away.

Lastly, if you are that disparate for a specific bus, I suggest you try yourself. Trust me, it will be better off doing this than trying your current ploy.

Oct 24, 2016
Cymru
hey im trying to get the Buses of the west to work but its not working. ive read the readme and downloaded everything and did the omsi tool check and it said i was missing lots of files. when i download the ones of the read me do i put them all in the botw file?

thanks
ben

All the files that you download from the readme need to go in the respective folders that they show when you open it, if I recall correctly most of them go into the main OMSI folders.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread