General Election 2017 - Poll

Who have/will/would you vote for in the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Labour

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Green Party

• UK Independence Party (UKIP)

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other

• Spoilt Ballot (None of the above)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Admin

As a rare exception to our 'no politics' rule, we have decided that we will be holding a small election poll within the forums. This is simply a bit of fun, and is nothing to be taken too seriously.

I have only included what are considered as 'the main parties', as otherwise the list would be simply too long.

Please note that the rule of no political discussion still stands elsewhere on the forums, but today we are making an exception to the rule in this thread only for such a special occasion.

As always, please keep any discussions within the thread civilised. Anybody found to be insulting or in violation of any other forum rules may be subject to their post being deleted and warning points.

ctrainz124

The Flamboyant Ticket Inspector
Jul 12, 2016
If I revisited this poll in an hour, I'd probably choose a different party. There needs to be an undecided option. I hate all of the options in my area to be honest.

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
Lib Dems seem the least worst out of all of them. Labour currently has a useless leader, conservatives, well that requires no explanation, greens are loonies, UKIP should be dead sometime soon unless there's a wave of immigration, and the rest are for different countries.

Reactions: NatE400

Enviro400Taco

that annoying one from Leeds
Oct 30, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Lib Dems seem the least worst out of all of them. Labour currently has a useless leader, conservatives, well that requires no explanation, greens are loonies, UKIP should be dead sometime soon unless there's a wave of immigration, and the rest are for different countries.
I agree, Liberal Democrats wants to legalise Cannabis (fffffffff), UKIP has no MPs at the moment, SNP might as well get giant scissors and chop Scotland off the rest of the UK, Green Party has ONE consticuency (Brighton Pavillion), Jeremy Corbyn is a useless leader who thinks the country won't be bankrupt if he spends £800bn on it, even though it probably will. And Conservative is doing all the right things with the UK (cutting immigration, spending £8,000,000,000 on the NHS etc). So, if Labour has a useless leader, how come it is very popular on here (I understand all people have different views)
Am I obsessed with brackets today?!

Reactions: TecnoSam6

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
Since exit polls are suggesting a Hung Parlement. I think they will have to re-run the election.

Jason

The Audi Veg
May 19, 2016
Since exit polls are suggesting a Hung Parlement. I think they will have to re-run the election.
It depends, maybe the Lib Dems will form a correlation with either Labour or the Conservatives like they did in 2010 (if memory serves me correctly).
Of course, in this situation, as their policies are closer to Labour, I would say that they'd be best off pairing with them if this situation arises unlike last time.

A

Admin

That'd be political suicide for the Lib Dems, and something I find unlikely happening, especially considering the fact that Tim Farron (Lib Dems leader) has already stated he would not form a coalition. There are very few, if any, parties that I can imagine forming a coalition with the Tories in the event of a hung parliament. It'll just be a case of whether Labour and other parties have the numbers to both form a coalition and achieve a majority.

If not, we'll be stuck with a minority government, which is far from an ideal situation. A re-run of the election seems extremely unlikely.

As many have been quick to say on Twitter, this is simply an exit poll. We only have to go as far as the previous general election to see that they can be wrong by quite a margin.

Enviro400Taco

that annoying one from Leeds
Oct 30, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
Conservatives looks like it will end with 318 seats, it needs 326 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.