Maps Gainsborough (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Gainsborough!

Gainsborough is a market town, located in rural Lincolnshire, on the bank of the river trent. Local bus services are provided by Stagecoach Lincolnshire, and are a mixture of town services and rural connections. This map is set around 5 years ago, and re-creates the town bus network, branded as the "intotown". Bus routes are:

1: MORTON (Vanessa Drive) -> TOWN CENTRE -> NEWLANDS -> PARK SPRINGS -> TOWN CENTRE -> MORTON (Vanessa Drive)
1a: MORTON (Laughton Lane End) -> TOWN CENTRE -> NEWLANDS -> PARK SPRINGS -> TOWN CENTRE -> MORTON (Laughton Lane End)
2: TOWN CENTRE -> PARK SPRINGS -> NEWLANDS -> TOWN CENTRE

The 1 and 1a, each run hourly (Every 30 mins combined), and Service 2 also runs every 30 minutes. Buses only run Monday to Saturday daytimes. No buses at all serve Gainsborough in the evenings or on Sundays. Vehicle types are to be confirmed.

Gainsborough Bus Station:
G01.jpg

MORTON, Front Street
G02.jpg

Morton, Laughton Lane terminus - An Interconnect branded E400 prepares to depart to Gainsborough Town Centre
G03.jpg

Thorndike Way:
G04.jpg

Park Springs Road, on the Park Springs Housing Estate
G05.jpg

Another one on the Park Springs Estate - this time Glentham Road
g06.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Still enjoy your Scunthorpe map. Not too familar with Lincoln apart from Steep Hill and the Cathedral. I'l check the video at work as a preview. Good to see you're working on maps again my man. But yes if you're able to BTV did a great tutorial on texture layout for pavements.

Jul 30, 2016
I have been meaning to update this thread for a while - At the minute, the focus is to get the 1/1a/2 town routes added, as they were around 2016, before the frequency was cut. I have also added a (fictional) route to Gainsborough Grammer School, which I have randomly numbered 642, to add some variety, and a fictional depot on the industrial estate off Marshall Way near Park Springs (to add the real depot would take another couple of months, as whole new areas would need to be built!)

If/When any other routes are added, it would have to be one of the out of town routes, and as most are very long by OMSI standards, I wouldn't want to commit to anything at this stage - Although the idea of adding the 100 to Scunthorpe, and merging the maps is appealing, it would be a huge undertaking distance wise and very fiddly to do the all merging that would be required!

Currently, scenery wise, around 90% is completed, and all driveable routes are now fully operating, so hopefully, in the next few months there will be some more updates!

Advertisement

Jul 30, 2016
Project Update

Work started on Gainsborough around 3 years ago. Due to personal circumstances, I do not have the same amount of time to commit to making maps for OMSI - therefore, I have decided to release Gainsborough in it's 95% complete state, so that the community can enjoy it as they wish. The 5% is made up of adding finer details, tidying up some junctions, tweaking AI rules etc. The map is perfectly playable, and is being released in the imminent future, so that it doesn't gather dust on my PC for another 6 months. The release should be considered as a public BETA almost, although several rounds of testing have taken place over the last couple of years.

So, What is Gainsborough
Gainsborough is a fairly small town, located in Lincolnshire, around mid-way between Scunthorpe & Lincoln. This map is semi-fictional. 90% of the scenery is representative of the real town, but some creativity has been put into the project. The operator in the OMSI version, is a modern re-incarnation of Lincolnshire Roadcar, who operated in the real town until 2005, when they were purchased by Stagecoach as part of the Yorkshire Traction group. The route network in the game has also been tweaked. The routes are:

1 - Gainsborough >> Park Springs >> Newlands >> Gainsborough (Every 30 minutes, Monday to Saturday daytimes), Takes 25 minutes to drive in full
2 - Gainsborough >> Newlands >> Park Springs >> Gainsborough (Every 30 minutes, Monday to Saturday daytimes) Takes 25 minutes to drive in full
3 - Lea Green >> Gainsborough >> Hospital >> Morton (Every 60 minutes, Monday to Saturday daytimes) Takes 30 minutes to drive each way
590 - Park Springs >> Newlands >. Town >> Morton >> QE High School (Once each way a day, school days only). Takes around 30 minutes to drive.

Generally, the 1 and 2 are operated by Enviro 200 MMCs, and the 3 and 590 by the ALX400.

Updates to follow....

gb1.jpg

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Such amazing news @mrmoose!!!!
I am so much looking forward to this!! (And that's from someone who has never really been outside the of South England!)
And that ALX skin is looking absolutely splendid and tasty!! Mmmm!!
Loving all the work!! I have got two questions though. :)
1. Am I right in presuming that the last 5% of the map will follow as an update some time after release?
2. Will you also support (do skins for) @V3D's Optares pack? ???? (I'd really like to see a RoadCar Spectra! ???? )
Questions aside though, this looks magnificent, and it looks like a LOT of effort has gone into it.
Being able to speak as a map developer myself, I know how finicky the OMSI 2 editor is sometimes,
and I really appreciate anyone having the courage to actually start a map, and then not abandoning it and actually completing it.
Great work.

Reactions: MylesW

Advertisement

Jul 30, 2016
Such amazing news @mrmoose!!!!
I am so much looking forward to this!! (And that's from someone who has never really been outside the of South England!)
And that ALX skin is looking absolutely splendid and tasty!! Mmmm!!
Loving all the work!! I have got two questions though. :)
1. Am I right in presuming that the last 5% of the map will follow as an update some time after release?
2. Will you also support (do skins for) @V3D's Optares pack? ???? (I'd really like to see a RoadCar Spectra! ???? )
Questions aside though, this looks magnificent, and it looks like a LOT of effort has gone into it.
Being able to speak as a map developer myself, I know how finicky the OMSI 2 editor is sometimes,
and I really appreciate anyone having the courage to actually start a map, and then not abandoning it and actually completing it.
Great work.

1 - Not sure, that's why I am releasing it. I had hoped to eventually create some other "rural" routes off the back of this, but I don't see how long that would be. The issue, generally, is not a lack of wanting too, but a lack of time to sit down and spend time working on a map. To put it into context, it has taken me around 6 months to complete scenery on the final mile of road.

2 - I didnt make the skins - they were kindly contributed to the project, so I can't say if more will be available - but I am sure somebody could create more if they wanted to!

Thanks

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
1 - Not sure, that's why I am releasing it. I had hoped to eventually create some other "rural" routes off the back of this, but I don't see how long that would be. The issue, generally, is not a lack of wanting too, but a lack of time to sit down and spend time working on a map. To put it into context, it has taken me around 6 months to complete scenery on the final mile of road.

2 - I didnt make the skins - they were kindly contributed to the project, so I can't say if more will be available - but I am sure somebody could create more if they wanted to!

Thanks
You're most welcome, thank you too for the answers! :)
Ah, I see... Well, you can be sure that I'll do some skins for Gainsborough once V3D's Optares are out! :D

Oct 20, 2018
Project Update

Work started on Gainsborough around 3 years ago. Due to personal circumstances, I do not have the same amount of time to commit to making maps for OMSI - therefore, I have decided to release Gainsborough in it's 95% complete state, so that the community can enjoy it as they wish. The 5% is made up of adding finer details, tidying up some junctions, tweaking AI rules etc. The map is perfectly playable, and is being released in the imminent future, so that it doesn't gather dust on my PC for another 6 months. The release should be considered as a public BETA almost, although several rounds of testing have taken place over the last couple of years.

So, What is Gainsborough
Gainsborough is a fairly small town, located in Lincolnshire, around mid-way between Scunthorpe & Lincoln. This map is semi-fictional. 90% of the scenery is representative of the real town, but some creativity has been put into the project. The operator in the OMSI version, is a modern re-incarnation of Lincolnshire Roadcar, who operated in the real town until 2005, when they were purchased by Stagecoach as part of the Yorkshire Traction group. The route network in the game has also been tweaked. The routes are:

1 - Gainsborough >> Park Springs >> Newlands >> Gainsborough (Every 30 minutes, Monday to Saturday daytimes), Takes 25 minutes to drive in full
2 - Gainsborough >> Newlands >> Park Springs >> Gainsborough (Every 30 minutes, Monday to Saturday daytimes) Takes 25 minutes to drive in full
3 - Lea Green >> Gainsborough >> Hospital >> Morton (Every 60 minutes, Monday to Saturday daytimes) Takes 30 minutes to drive each way
590 - Park Springs >> Newlands >. Town >> Morton >> QE High School (Once each way a day, school days only). Takes around 30 minutes to drive.

Generally, the 1 and 2 are operated by Enviro 200 MMCs, and the 3 and 590 by the ALX400.

Updates to follow....

View attachment 57099
This map is looking really good. I am looking forward to this.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread