Maps Gainsborough (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see i have plenty of things missing. Well when i go to the scenery objects folder i found all the objects "apparently missing"
Captureaaaaaaa.PNG

Attachments

• Capturegtgtgtgt.PNG
    Capturegtgtgtgt.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 12

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
As you can see i have plenty of things missing. Well when i go to the scenery objects folder i found all the objects "apparently missing"View attachment 59590
Well are you sure they are in the btv folder within sceneryobjects? (I can't tell because the path isn't visible in your screenshot). Other than that, the only thing I can think of is whether you have any missing splines or the required dependencies installed. If it neither of them remove the map folder for it and reinstall the whole thing.

Advertisement

When you say you put them in the map files...what exactly do you mean? Scenery objects go in the Sceneryobjects folder in your Omsi directory, nowhere else. If you found an object in a different folder then it shouldn't be there. You have to be doing something wrong on your end, try installing it again and maybe follow the readme.
Well are you sure they are in the btv folder within sceneryobjects? (I can't tell because the path isn't visible in your screenshot). Other than that, the only thing I can think of is whether you have any missing splines or the required dependencies installed. If it neither of them remove the map folder for it and reinstall the whole thing.
I found them in the folder they are suppose to be in. Plus the missing splines are also in the correct place so i don't understand. I also reinstalled this twice and that never changed anything

Attachments

• Captureqqqqq.PNG
    Captureqqqqq.PNG
    65.1 KB · Views: 17

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
Have you run OMSI Maps Tools to understand what is missing?

Have you run OMSI Maps Tools to understand what is missing?
As I show in my messages above I posted a picture of map tools showing everything that is missing, however when I go to the files for example the scenery objects files for the btv objects that are said to missing are in the files where they should be

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
As I show in my messages above I posted a picture of map tools showing everything that is missing, however when I go to the files for example the scenery objects files for the btv objects that are said to missing are in the files where they should be
I had no issues with this install - so I think it does work. The commonest error in situations like this where you think you have all the right files in the right folder is that the folder tree has gone wrong somewhere because you installed at the wrong folder level. An easy way to view it is "drag child to parent". So for example, the Gainsborough zip (v1.01) starts at "OMSI" folder. So in a separate window open up your Steam folders e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps (adjust accordingly - your path is different E: and SteamLibrary etc) so you see "Common" as a listed folder then drag the OMSI folder from the zip file onto the Common folder and (at your own risk) select overwrite existing files. For each of the dependencies again drag child onto parent (the zip files for dependencies may not start at OMSI folder but lower down - in which case adjust the target folder accordingly. This may still leave some redundant folder trees in the wrong place (from previous incorrect installs) - but they won't do any harm because nothing will connect to them - expect the space they take up. Just an idea. Hope you get it sorted - as the map runs really nicely.

I had no issues with this install - so I think it does work. The commonest error in situations like this where you think you have all the right files in the right folder is that the folder tree has gone wrong somewhere because you installed at the wrong folder level. An easy way to view it is "drag child to parent". So for example, the Gainsborough zip (v1.01) starts at "OMSI" folder. So in a separate window open up your Steam folders e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps (adjust accordingly - your path is different E: and SteamLibrary etc) so you see "Common" as a listed folder then drag the OMSI folder from the zip file onto the Common folder and (at your own risk) select overwrite existing files. For each of the dependencies again drag child onto parent (the zip files for dependencies may not start at OMSI folder but lower down - in which case adjust the target folder accordingly. This may still leave some redundant folder trees in the wrong place (from previous incorrect installs) - but they won't do any harm because nothing will connect to them - expect the space they take up. Just an idea. Hope you get it sorted - as the map runs really nicely.
Thanks for this, but unfortunately it never worked. I tried reinstalling omsi but the exact same files were missing even though put them in the correct place. i really don't know what to do

Jonathan

JonOfWilts
Oct 28, 2016
OK - sorry its not working for you. Just an obvious check - its not some kind of mix up between C: path and E: path or the path with "Steam Library" and another steam path? So you somehow have files split between two different OMSI locations?

Advertisement

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
Yeah it says stuff is missing but theres no place to go and download all the things missing :/
Yes there is, assuming what is missing are the requirements and not fundamental default things. If you click on the overview tab above for this download you will find the list of requirements and their respective download links. Make sure to follow the installations instructions to a tee. ;)

Reactions: Ross

Advertisement

Content Control haven't encountered this issue during testing of the map, and it doesn't look like many people are encountering it either. The map download does include this object in that file path.

Renaming the "LKW´s" folder, copying and pasting what's in the quotation marks should work. :)
Im having the same problem!!! what do you rename the folder too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread