Maps Gainsborough (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2016
mrmoose submitted a new download:

Gainsborough - A semi-fictional recreation of the Lincolnshire town of Gainsborough, for OMSI

View attachment 57204

Welcome to Gainsborough...
Gainsborough is a small market town, on the bank of the River Trent, in rural Lincolnshire. Located approximately 15 miles south of Scunthorpe, and a similar distance north of the City of Lincoln. Public transport in these parts is sparse, compared to other major towns and cities in the UK.

The main bus operator in Gainsborough is Stagecoach, who operate 2 town bus routes, each operating every hour – as well as a handful...

Read more about this download...

Advertisement

SleepingGamer2020

Farther to a beautiful baby boy
Oct 22, 2016
UK
Already driven the route 2 and love it the map, but i have one issue if i spawn at the depo i just get a blue sky and when i check if im missing any files it says im missing one which i have installed and i have checked.
Sceneryobjects\Gainsborough\Autos\LKW´s\axio1\Scania.sco

Could someone help me fix this issue?

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Already driven the route 2 and love it the map, but i have one issue if i spawn at the depo i just get a blue sky and when i check if im missing any files it says im missing one which i have installed and i have checked.
Sceneryobjects\Gainsborough\Autos\LKW´s\axio1\Scania.sco

Could someone help me fix this issue?

Content Control haven't encountered this issue during testing of the map, and it doesn't look like many people are encountering it either. The map download does include this object in that file path.

Renaming the "LKW´s" folder, copying and pasting what's in the quotation marks should work. :)

SleepingGamer2020

Farther to a beautiful baby boy
Oct 22, 2016
UK
Content Control haven't encountered this issue during testing of the map, and it doesn't look like many people are encountering it either. The map download does include this object in that file path.

Renaming the "LKW´s" folder, copying and pasting what's in the quotation marks should work. :)
I've fixed the issues by getting a friend to remove all the Scania.sco on the map and the map works perfectly fine :)

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
the map needs a lot of work done to it , not very good and needs a lot more stuff added

my personal opinion unfortunately I won't be recommending this map to anyone at this time until changes have been made and fix have been done
I get your allowed your opinion but did you read the green text ? Incase you didn’t here it is for you : Work started on Gainsborough around 3 years ago. Due to personal circumstances, I do not have the same amount of time to commit to making maps for OMSI - therefore, I have decided to release Gainsborough in it's 95% complete state, so that the community can enjoy it as they wish. The 5% is made up of adding finer details, tidying up some junctions, tweaking AI rules etc. The map is perfectly playable, and is being released so that it doesn't gather dust on my PC for another 6 months. The release should be considered as a public BETA almost, although several rounds of testing have taken place over the last couple of years.

Advertisement

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
Just finished the rota that starts at 7:35 and ends at 16:25 which had the 590 and the 3 in it and enjoy the rota a lot the map is fantasitc and would highly recommend it to anyone
Screenshot (371).png

Reactions: LT586

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
the map needs a lot of work done to it , not very good and needs a lot more stuff added

my personal opinion unfortunately I won't be recommending this map to anyone at this time until changes have been made and fix have been done
Well, if you're going to say that, could you not be so vague and list exactly what's wrong with the map? You're probably not going to get a 'fix' if you don't explain what needs work.

Reactions: Biffer
So far I have only driven a short distance on the map and it looks very detailed. Yes there's some minor things but as you say, it is 95% complete.

One thing which I think could/should be changed is the HOF file so that we can use the in cab controls and not the 92E button for destinations.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
So far I have only driven a short distance on the map and it looks very detailed. Yes there's some minor things but as you say, it is 95% complete.

One thing which I think could/should be changed is the HOF file so that we can use the in cab controls and not the 92E button for destinations.

While the HOF isn't fully set up, you can use the in cab controls in most buses - simply enter the route number as the Ziel code (eg 00100 for the 1) and the destination as the trip code (001 for NiS, 002 for route 1, etc - they're just sequential)

Reactions: PeteJackson

Advertisement

Jul 30, 2016

Sorry you didn't enjoy the map.

I appreciate that it's not the most detailed map out there, nor is it intended to be. I make the maps for me, and the interesting bit for me is creating operational accuracy (realistic routes, timetables, fares, running boards, passenger volumes etc etc) rather than 100% accurate, maps with custom built objects and minute levels of detail.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread