G29 replacement? (1 Viewer)

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
1 Muriel Street, Barrhead
I was having a look at different wheels to replace my faulty g29 as I'm not sure if it's still inwarranty (I'm fed up with it too, it's been very temperamental) and I was looking at the Saitek farming panel on the side. I noticed that they do a set of wheels and pedals Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals and Side Panel Control Deck Bundle for PC | Saitek.com and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. My first thoughts are that the wheel looks very small, but I suppose if I get the farm panel I probably won't need the on wheel buttons and I could replace the wheel with something larger, maybe a bus one from a breakers yard. Anyway, I'm digressing so if you've got any experience or thoughts on it I'd love it.

I was having a look at different wheels to replace my faulty g29 as I'm not sure if it's still inwarranty (I'm fed up with it too, it's been very temperamental) and I was looking at the Saitek farming panel on the side. I noticed that they do a set of wheels and pedals Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals and Side Panel Control Deck Bundle for PC | Saitek.com and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. My first thoughts are that the wheel looks very small, but I suppose if I get the farm panel I probably won't need the on wheel buttons and I could replace the wheel with something larger, maybe a bus one from a breakers yard. Anyway, I'm digressing so if you've got any experience or thoughts on it I'd love it.
Apparently the Saitek wheel is crap. I'd stay away from it if I was you, cheap plastic rubbish.

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
That Saitek Heavy Equipment setup looks ideal for OMSI, especially with the side control panel. If the quality is as poor as other posters have said, that's a shame

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread