G29 replacement?

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
I was having a look at different wheels to replace my faulty g29 as I'm not sure if it's still inwarranty (I'm fed up with it too, it's been very temperamental) and I was looking at the Saitek farming panel on the side. I noticed that they do a set of wheels and pedals Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals and Side Panel Control Deck Bundle for PC | Saitek.com and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. My first thoughts are that the wheel looks very small, but I suppose if I get the farm panel I probably won't need the on wheel buttons and I could replace the wheel with something larger, maybe a bus one from a breakers yard. Anyway, I'm digressing so if you've got any experience or thoughts on it I'd love it.

Jacobthebus

Weeeeeeeeeee
Mar 7, 2016
I was having a look at different wheels to replace my faulty g29 as I'm not sure if it's still inwarranty (I'm fed up with it too, it's been very temperamental) and I was looking at the Saitek farming panel on the side. I noticed that they do a set of wheels and pedals Heavy Equipment Wheel, Pedals and Side Panel Control Deck Bundle for PC | Saitek.com and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. My first thoughts are that the wheel looks very small, but I suppose if I get the farm panel I probably won't need the on wheel buttons and I could replace the wheel with something larger, maybe a bus one from a breakers yard. Anyway, I'm digressing so if you've got any experience or thoughts on it I'd love it.
Apparently the Saitek wheel is crap. I'd stay away from it if I was you, cheap plastic rubbish.

Lakitu

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Content Control
Jan 1, 1970
If you're unsatisfied with Logitech build quality, you could always try Thrustmaster.

Remember to go for 900 degree steering as a minimum.

Do'er of administrative things
Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
That Saitek Heavy Equipment setup looks ideal for OMSI, especially with the side control panel. If the quality is as poor as other posters have said, that's a shame